Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: AAO25 WL- Map Rules  (Read 15301 times)

Online Bart!

Re: AAO25 WL- Map Rules
« Reply #45 on: Friday, December 14, 2012, 06:59:07 AM »
Am I the only one who thinks the rounds are too short? I mean 3 minutes on sandstorm lol. In desbl it was 6. McKenna 3 ? Hosp 4 ? Border 5 ?
In ESL this worked out fine for a long time. They where actually already testing 2 minutes, 4 is too much idle timing, 2 is too less time, 3 till 3mins 30 seconds works best for fast paced yet tactical competition.

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #46 on: Friday, December 14, 2012, 08:01:40 AM »
maybe you can make a mix of both, like:

10 scrims to play, 5 maps will be delivered by an admin and 5 maps can be selected by every team itselfs. and if the admin choose maps not may often played by the teams, it will have a learning effect at all too.

Offline elementx+

« Reply #47 on: Sunday, December 16, 2012, 06:19:54 AM »
I have nothin against the rules, they worked before so there is no need to change them,
But the way you guys talk to others who have some problems with it is just unacceptable. Stop being bigheaded and act like you know everything about this game/competion. Just accept the fact that there are players who enjoys this game in a different way.
 There is no need for you to tell everyone off coz they would like to achive some changes to make this Winter League enjoyable for more players.
Just listen to the community. You can tell me to su and leave just like you did with others, but once again im fine with the rules but admins should be more patient and ready for changes.

Offline Cloud

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Thursday, January 03, 2013, 17:47:35 PM »
SF No Sandstorm? Please remove it or I'll have to find the old Epsilon tweaks that you probably all still have.

Offline [Majestic]tidididi

« Reply #49 on: Thursday, January 03, 2013, 18:03:12 PM »
SF No Sandstorm? Please remove it or I'll have to find the old Epsilon tweaks that you probably all still have.

Feel free :D

Offline Revelinio

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Friday, January 04, 2013, 10:06:31 AM »
you've got to be kidding me with these maps combined with the rule that you can only choose 1 map during the whole season. You might as well just stop the winter league, with that combination you can more or less rule out any vid or shoutcasting.  Nobody is interested in watching those bullshit maps like sf reckon and radio tower etc.

It's no coincidence that ESL , EMS and CAL didn't have the same maplist as TWL.

« Reply #51 on: Friday, January 04, 2013, 10:09:27 AM »
you've got to be kidding me with these maps combined with the rule that you can only choose 1 map during the whole season. You might as well just stop the winter league, with that combination you can more or less rule out any vid or shoutcasting.  Nobody is interested in watching those bullshit maps like sf reckon and radio tower etc.

It's no coincidence that ESL , EMS and CAL didn't have the same maplist as TWL.

You may don't like that rule, but it let the lower teams to raise their chances playing versus better teams. Sorry but no one is interested in Legendary 11-1 Pubbers from Hospital on McKenna. This is simple- if you are good, you will win. Map or opponent no matters.

Community is small. Every team wants to get the best for them from the league. Don't get everything for yourself, let them play and have fun on their maps also.

You knew that rule for long time before registration. You accepted it, it's deal. It's not ESL, CAL, TWL. If you want to make some competitions there- feel free.
« Last Edit: Friday, January 04, 2013, 10:21:03 AM by [Majestic]tidididi »

Offline Revelinio

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Friday, January 04, 2013, 10:25:09 AM »
You may don't like that rule, but it let the lower teams to raise their chances playing versus better teams. Sorry but no one is interested in Legendary 11-1 Pubbers from Hospital on McKenna. This is simple- if you are good, you will win. Map or opponent no matters.

You knew that rule for long time before registration. You accepted it, it's deal.

Why would it raise the chance of a lower team playing vs a better team. The chance of a lower team playing against a better team are the same. Unless you mean that it would raise there chance of winning. But then you can also look at it different.. cause when you have a smaller choice of maps a lower ranked team can play and practice those maps more. Which will raise there chances much more.

I don't think that anyone would care i they couldn't pick sf reckon or blizzard w/e.
Besides there aren't even public servers on those maps so the lower ranked teams and newbies won't even know what sf reckon or w/e is.

Offline Revelinio

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Friday, January 04, 2013, 10:28:32 AM »
You do realize that i was only pointing out those competitions cause they were well organized competitions.
So since this winter league is also an competition it will get compared to other competitions anyhow.

« Reply #54 on: Friday, January 04, 2013, 10:35:01 AM »
I accept all what you said about rules or competitions form, but my point is unchanged- let the people take the best fun from Winter League. We don't have strong competitive scene and we won't have it anymore. The times have changed, history is history- just forget about it.

I didn't give the idea of Winter League for money prizes, glory, "wow we are unbeaten, we know 6 maps only and we are the best", "fuck wtf long range for noobs, only competitive maps! only UA, CT, MCK, Dusk, IC!" Winter League is fun- you hate it or you like it :-)

Offline Ganja

« Reply #55 on: Friday, January 04, 2013, 10:41:00 AM »
I didn't give the idea of Winter League for money prizes, glory, "wow we are unbeaten, we know 6 maps only and we are the best", "fuck wtf long range for noobs, only competitive maps! only UA, CT, MCK, Dusk, IC!" Winter League is fun- you hate it or you like it :-)
[/quote]

I love thos moments I agree with didi  :up:

Offline Revelinio

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Friday, January 04, 2013, 10:56:26 AM »
I accept all what you said about rules or competitions form, but my point is unchanged- let the people take the best fun from Winter League. We don't have strong competitive scene and we won't have it anymore. The times have changed, history is history- just forget about it.

If it supposed to be fun you should let people play whatever map they like and not restrict them to only picking it once. Since the opponent can also pick there own map, you will have two teams who picked the map they like to play instead of two teams who have to play a map they don't like just cause they picked the other maps.

Turning it into some strategic chess game of picking maps doesn't seem like the fun you are referring to.

« Reply #57 on: Friday, January 04, 2013, 11:38:23 AM »
If it supposed to be fun you should let people play whatever map they like and not restrict them to only picking it once. Since the opponent can also pick there own map, you will have two teams who picked the map they like to play instead of two teams who have to play a map they don't like just cause they picked the other maps.

Turning it into some strategic chess game of picking maps doesn't seem like the fun you are referring to.

Let's make some stuff together.

I like all of you, I don't want to fight or show my claws :-) Idea is simple- let's play this Winter League in current format. We check how the website system works. Let's take this time to do something good for this game, all together, not only Assist Administrators, not only League Administratrators. It's our time to try to get some oldschools back. Bytthis the strong competition scene could be alive again. Then, when we do it, we will create extra super hiper mega competition, the best one ever created. Better than ESL, Clan Base, TWL, CAL, whatever. Just the best, all, together.

Deal?

Offline Ganja

« Reply #58 on: Friday, January 04, 2013, 11:45:26 AM »
 :makemyday: DEAL  :makemyday:

Offline krIz+

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Friday, January 04, 2013, 23:46:41 PM »
tididi, once you say "We don't have strong competitive scene and we won't have it anymore. The times have changed, history is history- just forget about it. "

and other time you say "Bytthis the strong competition scene could be alive again. Then, when we do it, we will create extra super hiper mega competition, the best one ever created. Better than ESL, Clan Base, TWL, CAL, whatever. Just the best, all, together."

sup?

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager