Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: AAO25 WL- Map Rules  (Read 15273 times)

Offline zoxee

Re: AAO25 WL- Map Rules
« Reply #30 on: Saturday, November 03, 2012, 23:03:58 PM »
quote author=[HT]-d0n-@-KeIIo- link=topic=2684.msg35029#msg35029 date=1351994270]
if you need help in some way.
and if we can help, we help!!!
[/quote]

bruder lass es sein mit der arschleckerei, ich hör das zucken deine zunge bis zu mir nachhause  ^ ^
First time hot knifing hash oil, sent me to the moon, zombified. Not a whole lot of fun.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #31 on: Sunday, November 04, 2012, 02:34:23 AM »
omg i'm gonna send u some talking teddy for christmas so you don't cry anymore
you gonna send me to tidi?
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Bart!

« Reply #32 on: Sunday, November 04, 2012, 07:28:11 AM »
yes, go on please. and make all maps, even the [mAAp] free to play.
why not, realy?
we all are adult's (ok, not all - but the most). so we can decide be ourself witch map we would like to play.
do so, i dosn't hurt, for sure not!

Well, as I see this topic, some non-competition player called pit already knows exactly what he is talking about, so not much more for me to say.

/sarcasm.

To give a honest answer to this, if you want to do this, in that case you need both teams to agree on playing those maps, instead of both picking one. And I for one does not mind if you both agree on playing other maps then you should if both teams agree. However this is what I say as an individual, not as member of the admin team. I as an individual was also against picking SF Recon in the standard maplist because not everybody got the time to play for 2 and a halve hours since you got 2 maps to play.

That being said, if the rest of the admins do want it, I have to let them do it, it's just the way it works I guess.

So if it was up to me, I would have made the maplist smaller, but put in the option to let both teams agree on playing other maps. However this would make it for the admin team a lot harder to administrate and it might give some biased endscore results compared to others who have to play more defense sided "draw-maps".

Offline pit-23

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Sunday, November 04, 2012, 07:41:34 AM »
some non-competition player called pit

Non-competition??? I compete on hospital every night with many pros. And I do it in a very competitive way.

Offline [HT]-d0n-@-KeIIo-

• News Authors
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Sunday, November 04, 2012, 09:34:14 AM »
lol zoxe   :D
1.bin ich nicht dein Bruder.
2.bin ich kein Arschkriecher du nap.
3.ich denke das viele aao player und clans spaß an solchen Turnieren haben.
4.und wenn die Leute hilfe brauchen und wir helfen können ist ht am Start jungeee.
5.ich wies nicht was bei dir ein Arschkriecher ist. aber wen ich mir dein kommentar angucke möchte ich es auch nicht erklärt haben.da ich denke aus dein Mund kommt eh nur bs.  :P

Offline BiG_SerGiO

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • "I got soul but i'm not a soldier..."
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese Warriors
  • AA: [PTwars]b!6
« Reply #35 on: Sunday, November 04, 2012, 10:04:35 AM »
First i wanna apologize for being away for quite some time now, i still come to forums every 24h but not as often as before and you should notice that. So i volunteered to help on this League as Tidididididid had great ideas and i do think we may need this now for closure with the Community.

I read the rules when they were created but missed somethings or didn't gave that much importance for them at that time, the thing is... This isn't a ladder, this is a League, i think we should just go with a Fixed MapList, chosen randomly by any of those sites or by the admins, and the teams gotta accept it... Allowing teams to pick their maps is unbalancing a League, i allowing  to see what's the best Map Team and not Global Team.
Any ideas on this?
"Three things can not hide for long: the Moon, the Sun and the Truth"?
Hmm?

https://vortexservers.com/clients/aff.php?aff=406

Offline Bart!

« Reply #36 on: Sunday, November 04, 2012, 11:11:23 AM »
Non-competition??? I compete on hospital every night with many pros. And I do it in a very competitive way.
Thanks for proving my point.

That is what is commonly described as "pubbing player". They can take this very seriously and be very competitive towards other because they want to win.

"Competition player" is usually described in America's Army as someone who plays with a fixed team against other fixed team for matches in order to win as many rounds as possible with their own team in tournament mode. This means you play both sides of the map in a fixed amount of rounds in order to see who is the better team.

Oh, and furthermore, I agree with Sergio. Especially the latter sentence, this is why we chose to have a team only able to pick 1 map once.

Another possible structure is to make a set maplist of for example 5/7/9 maps, let both teams ban 2 maps, and then both teams chose one.

Offline pit-23

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Sunday, November 04, 2012, 14:43:46 PM »
Thanks for proving my point. [...]

LOL, sorry I haven't put explicit 'sarcasm' tags, and made you waste your time replying.

Offline reb0rN

« Reply #38 on: Sunday, November 04, 2012, 15:01:54 PM »
If you consider it shit, then just change the game. You already started such topic on cfcn.pl that proposed to switch to other game - why not go for it?

If you are unable to make decision for yourself, I can help you with that - please just make some more idiotic retarded comments about e.g. jews, you are good at it.

The only thing weird here is you.

pit for president, hahaha this guy totally owned dat polish guy.

Offline [Majestic]tidididi

« Reply #39 on: Sunday, November 04, 2012, 15:04:40 PM »
Wow, I got pwnd in internet by unknown person. So strange and painfull.

Offline reb0rN

« Reply #40 on: Sunday, November 04, 2012, 15:06:53 PM »
Wow, I got pwnd in internet by unknown person. So strange and painfull.

Clean your tears pleaseeeee, anyways lets stay on the topic.

Offline 1m50ry

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Sunday, November 04, 2012, 17:18:11 PM »
First i wanna apologize for being away for quite some time now, i still come to forums every 24h but not as often as before and you should notice that. So i volunteered to help on this League as Tidididididid had great ideas and i do think we may need this now for closure with the Community.

I read the rules when they were created but missed somethings or didn't gave that much importance for them at that time, the thing is... This isn't a ladder, this is a League, i think we should just go with a Fixed MapList, chosen randomly by any of those sites or by the admins, and the teams gotta accept it... Allowing teams to pick their maps is unbalancing a League, i allowing  to see what's the best Map Team and not Global Team.
Any ideas on this?

This is all true....but there are not many teams left in this game and many of them are 1-2map teams....so if u ll push them to play maps they dont know they might be not willing play more matches and the league ll fall apart....if u let teams pick their map than both teams  ll be happy playing their favourite map which made em stay in this game even with bf 3 cod6 and w/e is out there.I say put there sf hospital so HT is happy and let teams pick their maps every rnd so they are happy.
You ll mostly know which map ll the other team pick and that give u time to get ready for it...and the most important thing is that both teams are happy.

Offline BiG_SerGiO

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • "I got soul but i'm not a soldier..."
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese Warriors
  • AA: [PTwars]b!6
« Reply #42 on: Sunday, November 04, 2012, 17:50:52 PM »
Then again is players practice another map during the week they eventually might start liking that map and playing it also, so we would have servers on more than 3 maps all the time no? ;)
"Three things can not hide for long: the Moon, the Sun and the Truth"?
Hmm?

https://vortexservers.com/clients/aff.php?aff=406

Offline dapand

• View Profile
  • AA: Panda
« Reply #43 on: Thursday, November 22, 2012, 17:23:16 PM »
@_@

Offline KARI-30

« Reply #44 on: Friday, December 14, 2012, 06:53:04 AM »
Am I the only one who thinks the rounds are too short? I mean 3 minutes on sandstorm lol. In desbl it was 6. McKenna 3 ? Hosp 4 ? Border 5 ?

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager