Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: AA2 Development roadmap  (Read 31360 times)

Offline Bart!

Re: AA2 Development roadmap
« Reply #120 on: Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 06:12:48 AM »
It has nothing to do with mentality, it has everything to do with not playing the game nearly as much as the "pro" players.
that is absolutely based on nothing. What are you actually saying with this?

are always left out or will get destroyed and quit early on

Do you really think most of the competitive players play a lot more at the moment? I think it's quite the opposite. For me and most of the people I play matches with, we only play once in a time when we can get a scrim against others. That is a lot less compared to people who pub nearly daily.

The problem of at least some of the teamsis their mentality, they quit leagues or do not join them because they play better in pubs, and do not like to get beaten in matches by most teams.

There is a major difference in being good solo or being good in teamwork and actually covering each other or luring other people out (which does not happen in pub because people want the kills themselves.)

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #121 on: Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 06:14:41 AM »
what do you guys think about lower fire rate em in Single fire mode? so while using macros it won't shoot like in Auto mode.

and other fire modes(Burst and Auto) will keep un changed.

Single mode will not be above human limits ofc.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 06:18:36 AM by Possessed »
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline Ganja

« Reply #122 on: Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 07:21:28 AM »

Do you really think most of the competitive players play a lot more at the moment? I think it's quite the opposite. For me and most of the people I play matches with, we only play once in a time when we can get a scrim against others. That is a lot less compared to people who pub nearly daily.

The problem of at least some of the teamsis their mentality, they quit leagues or do not join them because they play better in pubs, and do not like to get beaten in matches by most teams.

There is a major difference in being good solo or being good in teamwork and actually covering each other or luring other people out (which does not happen in pub because people want the kills themselves.)

Yes it could be true that some pubbers play more than competitive players. But I was more refering to stuff like sound and teamwork etc. I don't blame pros for being too good lol, it's their job to own in competition, but it won't be fun for a 'new-to-competition-team' to play against the "used-to-competition-teams" because they are probably better equipped and prepared since ages ..

Mayb you guys should change the mentality of the tournament instead of the mentality of the players ... Don't try to be 'the best team' but try to make some original teams, random teams etc. That would be a nice improvement.

Offline -[unR]BENDAWICH

« Reply #123 on: Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 07:33:29 AM »
I know its not quite "development" per say but why dont a few ppl starting streaming using twitch. The reach that site generates is quite considerable even for the smaller games. Could be used to showcase a few aspects of the game like scrimming/public play/tutorials etc. Even if its a few ppl on comms having a laugh playing, or just yourself with or without comms streaming. it may draw a few ppl in. Mighty oaks from little acorns grow. 

Just a thought.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #124 on: Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 12:22:34 PM »
what do you guys think about lower fire rate em in Single fire mode? so while using macros it won't shoot like in Auto mode.

and other fire modes(Burst and Auto) will keep un changed.

Single mode will not be above human limits ofc.

Sometime you should actually show me that macros can do anything for single fire mode. I still don't believe it.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Flatlander

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 12:29:39 PM »
Sometime you should actually show me that macros can do anything for single fire mode. I still don't believe it.

A visit at autohotkey.com should open your eyes ;)

Offline krIz+

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 12:46:06 PM »
slowing down single fire is good idea, please do it :D

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #127 on: Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 12:56:07 PM »
My problem is that macros can help you click faster, yes, but they don't disable the firing animation which takes time to play. You can't fire any faster than the game code will allow unless you use a hack to disable/skip the animation much like the animation that's played when you transition from running to firing. You can't fire immediately after releasing the W key, you have to wait that second or so until the character brings the gun up and readies it.

JonnyM

« Reply #128 on: Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 13:20:45 PM »
I've tried this stuff spanky, i can fire an m9 faster than an auto sf weapon. the game did not put in any limits to how quickly the weapons can be fired in single mod.
Good new is possessed has a fix! Coming soon.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #129 on: Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 13:47:37 PM »
Maybe because an M9 cycles faster?

Slomo scales pretty well and I can't fire any faster in slowmo with a M16.

Hopefully the fix isn't just lowering fire rate...

Offline zoxee

« Reply #130 on: Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 14:20:25 PM »
Lack of mixity in the game is a crucial problem that should be addressed.
On the one hand it could help medium players reach the next level by
playing together with pro players more often. Unfortunately the "pro"
sphere is just about incest, scrim always take place with the same people
on locked servers.
This would also benefit to the pro sphere, because more scrims would take
place and new talents would emerge.
First time hot knifing hash oil, sent me to the moon, zombified. Not a whole lot of fun.

Offline Flatlander

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 14:40:13 PM »
My problem is that macros can help you click faster, yes, but they don't disable the firing animation which takes time to play.

I tried it out,after sergio accused a few guys on my server for using,because it i didnt recognized it at all.The sf gun is faster empty on single with macro than regular full auto.Plus you have zero,null,nada recoil.And on top of it - if i play a oldskool map i dont wanna fight a full auto m16 with my 3 shot burst.Good reasons to do something against it.

Offline Alex

« Reply #132 on: Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 15:07:48 PM »

I'm not talk at the moment, I'm talking overall. If you want to be really good at a game you have to play it, a lot. Most people don't have that much dedication or they don't have that much time to play. You don't just pick up a game and instantly become amazing at it. The "pro" players have been playing this game for a very long time and thus are much better than the newcomers. That's just the way things are.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #133 on: Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 15:13:06 PM »
I'm not talk at the moment, I'm talking overall. If you want to be really good at a game you have to play it, a lot. Most people don't have that much dedication or they don't have that much time to play. You don't just pick up a game and instantly become amazing at it. The "pro" players have been playing this game for a very long time and thus are much better than the newcomers. That's just the way things are.

It's why I'm utterly horrible.

Offline Bart!

« Reply #134 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 02:32:09 AM »
Yes it could be true that some pubbers play more than competitive players. But I was more refering to stuff like sound and teamwork etc. I don't blame pros for being too good lol, it's their job to own in competition, but it won't be fun for a 'new-to-competition-team' to play against the "used-to-competition-teams" because they are probably better equipped and prepared since ages ..

Mayb you guys should change the mentality of the tournament instead of the mentality of the players ... Don't try to be 'the best team' but try to make some original teams, random teams etc. That would be a nice improvement.
I already try helping new teams out with a lot of stuff, the main problem is that many people are too stubborn and do not listen because they are so used to playing individually. The ones who do do increase their skill level faster usually.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager