Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: 25Assist v7.20 is released  (Read 22896 times)

Offline KARI-30

Re: 25Assist v7.20 is released
« Reply #60 on: Tuesday, January 08, 2013, 21:12:02 PM »

These railings were never there :)

The bug happens when you are proning behind those 2 big metal boxes and move a bit to the side. Sometimes you are invisible for a split second. But I have seen it also few times on other maps. I guess thats just the games fault. I have seen it on poolday. I guess there is no way how to solve it. The other bug is when you go prone next to those 2 biggest metal boxes and move forward. Then you couldnt be seen for example from esc stone stairs. esc boxes and the rest of the helicopter roof area. I havent tested it so I dont know if it is still possible or no.

Offline MothaGoosE

« Reply #61 on: Tuesday, January 08, 2013, 21:24:42 PM »

These railings were never there :)

The bug happens when you are proning behind those 2 big metal boxes and move a bit to the side. Sometimes you are invisible for a split second. But I have seen it also few times on other maps. I guess thats just the games fault. I have seen it on poolday. I guess there is no way how to solve it. The other bug is when you go prone next to those 2 biggest metal boxes and move forward. Then you couldnt be seen for example from esc stone stairs. esc boxes and the rest of the helicopter roof area. I havent tested it so I dont know if it is still possible or no.

I believe you are referring to the first-person eye level vs third-person eye level. Because the First-person eye level is higher, you can sometimes poke your head out over an object and not be seen. This is just a part of the game. I believe the devs fixed that problem in one of the 2.8 Overmatch versions.

About the rear railing, I agree that the playerblock should disappear. Perhaps a physics volume so players can still jump over it, just not stay on top of it?

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #62 on: Tuesday, January 08, 2013, 21:31:33 PM »
Wow... My bad, looking at the 2.5 release map, there are no railings. They fit in so well, I just thought they were always there.

So, I wonder if we move those 2 big boxes. Maybe rotate them 90 degrees and move them away from the wall a bit. Looking at the map with behindview, there's horrible collision there and I actually got stuck to where i couldn't move left or right. I think giving more of a gap would make things better.

KARI, would you be willing to test a map if I made a few changes?
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline KARI-30

« Reply #63 on: Tuesday, January 08, 2013, 21:37:46 PM »
Sure I can help you. Send me a pm once you need help.

Offline [HT]-d0n-@-KeIIo-

• News Authors
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Tuesday, January 08, 2013, 21:39:23 PM »
and 100 points for kari!!
srry spanky but the new ww roof is bs.
and why 30 slot of litle hospi i think is to much.
30 slots on recon or stemroler or waht ever is ok but not on hosp
is it possible to get the old map.
them to play on our server.

Offline MothaGoosE

« Reply #65 on: Tuesday, January 08, 2013, 22:01:07 PM »
and 100 points for kari!!
and why 30 slot of litle hospi i think is to much.
30 slots on recon or stemroler or waht ever is ok but not on hosp
is it possible to get the old map.
them to play on our server.

Solution: limit server capacity to 26 slots. I don't see the problem with more potential for more people to have a good time.

Offline Jason

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: Tuesday, January 08, 2013, 22:01:52 PM »

i hate people like you. so rude.

Offline [HT]-d0n-@-KeIIo-

• News Authors
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: Tuesday, January 08, 2013, 22:33:26 PM »
yea i have the slot on 24 players only and this is not so big problem.
and jason srry when i say what i mean.
i respect spankys work on the maps.
and pool is very funny and good map.
and the other new maps to.
but me and kari we play long time hosp and we have test the new ww roof.
and srry it is not so good.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #68 on: Tuesday, January 08, 2013, 22:36:29 PM »
Thanks for the help Kello.

Just thinking about the bug, I'm wondering if it has to do with client-side vs server-side collision detection. I remember that the server also does collision from some experimenting a while back. The server isn't always accurate though and relies on updates from the client to make things more precise. Maybe with the ledge between the wall and metal boxes on the roof, the server things you're on the lower part yet the client is up on the ledge. This would mean everyone on the server would see the person on the lower part yet the client could shoot and see from the higher part.

Just a thought... I'll mess with it later and shoot you a PM KARI. Thanks.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Petrol

« Reply #69 on: Wednesday, January 09, 2013, 02:47:06 AM »
Thank you very much, I feel appreciated.

Offline 1m50ry

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: Wednesday, January 09, 2013, 04:45:49 AM »
i think that u shud not change old maps....there is no point in it...ppl love them with all their bugs....
if u want do something try to make new maps--------i think that what aao is missing is a good  map for respawn mission....ppl sometimes are not in mood to play serious and want make some mindlessshooting...

changes in old maps are....uhm well annoying......eliz just imagine i put some new shadows of trees on bc.....

Offline BiG_SerGiO

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • "I got soul but i'm not a soldier..."
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese Warriors
  • AA: [PTwars]b!6
« Reply #71 on: Wednesday, January 09, 2013, 06:48:40 AM »
1m50ry you're right, old maps shouldn't be changed but Spanky only tried to correct a bug on the map that was also corrected by the dev's in between some version before 2.8.5, so he didn't do anything new, only tried to replicate what was done before by the dev's.. I'm sure it will be fixed soon.
"Three things can not hide for long: the Moon, the Sun and the Truth"?
Hmm?

https://vortexservers.com/clients/aff.php?aff=406

Offline KARI-30

« Reply #72 on: Wednesday, January 09, 2013, 06:52:04 AM »
I think I know how to fix the bug when people prone and move forwards and wont be seen from the ground. There used to be a little ledge on the on of the wwroof. Make it just a bit taller so people cannot see the ground (esc boxes, esc stone stairs) when they are proning in front on the wwroof next to those 2 biggest metal boxes. So they have to crouch and should be visible from ground. It would give players a little bit more cover making it harder for esc bld players to kill them. Thats the downside. So you can remove the railings on both sides and keep the previous layout of the floor on the roof.

Maybe stupid question... Is it possible to copy, paste the wwroof from the 2.8.5 version where it was all corrected or was this fixed somehow inside the game engine?

Offline KARI-30

« Reply #73 on: Wednesday, January 09, 2013, 07:00:23 AM »
About the slots. In order to keep the previous weapon layout when the server is locked to 26 players just put the extra IFs in an extra squad all the way on the bottom. So it is not accessible. I recommend doing this also on pipe and urban.

Offline marten77

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: Wednesday, January 09, 2013, 08:47:16 AM »
About the slots. In order to keep the previous weapon layout when the server is locked to 26 players just put the extra IFs in an extra squad all the way on the bottom. So it is not accessible. I recommend doing this also on pipe and urban.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager