Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: [Aapg] game crashing at start up  (Read 19178 times)

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
Re: [Aapg] game crashing at start up
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, April 30, 2016, 07:15:34 AM »
Btw, a little sidenote: with the final release (and earlier on, with the opt in) the devs scrapped the old user interface and moved to a new custom one. That might also be affecting performance. Oh, and of course the server browser and game menus are now part of the game as a whole...hopefully these were not the features that rendered the launcher unstable back in the old beta, but they surely add in complexity to the game itself (which would have otherwise benefitted of leaving that kind of thing on the launcher).
« Last Edit: Saturday, April 30, 2016, 07:22:02 AM by Koden »

Offline Bart!

« Reply #16 on: Saturday, April 30, 2016, 08:48:52 AM »
Btw, a little sidenote: with the final release (and earlier on, with the opt in) the devs scrapped the old user interface and moved to a new custom one. That might also be affecting performance. Oh, and of course the server browser and game menus are now part of the game as a whole...hopefully these were not the features that rendered the launcher unstable back in the old beta, but they surely add in complexity to the game itself (which would have otherwise benefitted of leaving that kind of thing on the launcher).
The old interface actually made people with high-end pc's lag.
We had to turn health bar off and ammo count off in old beta to ensure we didn't lag.

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #17 on: Saturday, April 30, 2016, 09:03:08 AM »
there is an option if you would like to save the config datas to cloud. as i can see in the logfile, this part did fail (could not ..to cloud).

you can switch this of. try it please. and do the settings of the video to its minimum first to check if it runs smooth.

Offline Placid-

• View Profile
  • AA: empty
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, April 30, 2016, 12:35:12 PM »
I've lowered all settings, including resolution. Sometimes, when it doesnt crash immedaitely, i can play a round or two, but then it crashes.

@ merlin, i dont know what you mean with cloud files. Where can i switch this off ?

Its really odd, since i could play the beta version.

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, April 30, 2016, 12:46:05 PM »
I've lowered all settings, including resolution. Sometimes, when it doesnt crash immedaitely, i can play a round or two, but then it crashes.

@ merlin, i dont know what you mean with cloud files. Where can i switch this off ?

Its really odd, since i could play the beta version.
Its among the options in the game properties, on your steam client. This anyway isn't probably related to that. As a last measure you might try to literally delete your aapg folder on my games/aapg (the game would make a new one on the next start up), as it will clear out some cache data which sometimes does indeed get corrupted. But your main problem is the low amount of ram (3gb of ram aren't really enough). You can further free some system memory to get more usable one by closing background processes and apps you don't need.

P.s. just as a routine question, but...does any other game run flawlessly? And especially Unreal 3 engine based games, if you play any other than aapg?

Offline Placid-

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, April 30, 2016, 13:03:18 PM »
P.s. just as a routine question, but...does any other game run flawlessly? And especially Unreal 3 engine based games, if you play any other than aapg?

I only play AA2 and Warface. Not sure what kind of game Warface is, but it runs without any problems

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, April 30, 2016, 13:10:07 PM »
I only play AA2 and Warface. Not sure what kind of game Warface is, but it runs without any problems
Warfare runs on the CryEngine 3 but aside of the different engine (which still makes for great visual quality), it must be optimized for older systems because the requirements are truly low...

Offline Be Real

« Reply #22 on: Saturday, April 30, 2016, 14:14:51 PM »
Does anyone else also think that AAPG Hosp looks like some disney movie?

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday, April 30, 2016, 14:33:58 PM »
Does anyone else also think that AAPG Hosp looks like some disney movie?

Nope, love the layout, I like the graphics ,  though I dislike there guns

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #24 on: Saturday, April 30, 2016, 15:20:45 PM »
i like it

Offline Bart!

« Reply #25 on: Saturday, April 30, 2016, 16:36:26 PM »
i like it
Me 2, I like the way AAPG plays. It's not the same as AA2 though, but it's a good different thing.
Although I did like old beta more.

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, May 05, 2016, 15:33:50 PM »
Quote from: FunPolice
We think we may have found the cause of the recent memory issues. It will be going out in the next update tomorrow.
http://forum.americasarmy.com/discussion/comment/39627/#Comment_39627
The 2.4Gb Patch is out today, try again.
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline Placid-

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, May 05, 2016, 16:38:00 PM »
http://forum.americasarmy.com/discussion/comment/39627/#Comment_39627
The 2.4Gb Patch is out today, try again.

Downloading right now, will try it out.

// Thanks for the heads up. It works :) :style:
« Last Edit: Thursday, May 05, 2016, 17:07:02 PM by Placid- »

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, May 05, 2016, 17:38:42 PM »
Good to know, i havent played yet, just opened Overload map, ppl say this is the map that mostly give this error, no crash for me.
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline Placid-

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, May 05, 2016, 17:58:44 PM »
Can´t find a map called ´Overload´. Only map with an O is `Outerhospital´ or something like that, atleast not online. However, i can play the map overload offline (open FLO_overload_c4)
« Last Edit: Thursday, May 05, 2016, 18:02:12 PM by Placid- »

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager