Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Eat The Rich  (Read 2430 times)

Jared

Eat The Rich
« on: Sunday, January 24, 2010, 22:13:25 PM »
« Last Edit: Monday, January 25, 2010, 03:27:01 AM by Spanky »

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Re: Eat The Rich
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, January 24, 2010, 22:35:45 PM »
Interesting, simple and powerful.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Jared

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, January 24, 2010, 22:36:47 PM »
Interesting, simple and powerful.

thx, i did realize it was that big on the forums lol

Offline Dialects

« Reply #3 on: Monday, January 25, 2010, 00:05:19 AM »
Detail: Correct the hex code on the arrows so it actually makes the BG hex code.

Other than that, perty well done.
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - George S. Patton

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #4 on: Monday, January 25, 2010, 00:37:40 AM »
Dann, when did you become a perfectionist?

Offline Dialects

« Reply #5 on: Monday, January 25, 2010, 01:13:16 AM »
When didn't I ?
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - George S. Patton

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #6 on: Monday, January 25, 2010, 01:15:12 AM »
mAAp. I fixed/rejected several of your works because of that. Now you're spotting things I overlook. This is a good sign :)

Offline Dialects

« Reply #7 on: Monday, January 25, 2010, 03:13:24 AM »
Just for the cuddles, this is the critique I provided on Jared's work in Redg Forums.

At this point, I feel as if this piece is lacking of two substantial things: Texture and Text-Geometry

This piece reminds me of the old post-war work done on poster-illustration. These were usually rather grungy-like and contained several subliminal messages as well. In that sense, this piece matches equally. It does feel, however, as if this piece is roaming on two distinct directions. It's a fight between simple and complex, clean and messy, straightforward and subliminal, and so on. There is clearly a shock of interventions on this pieces; each generating a lot of confusion towards the full understanding of the piece. I have a WIP of a piece within the same style that had texture-work applied to it already. I'll post it just so you can understand more clearly what and how texture can re-enforce the sense of impact, revolt and fixness to your piece.

Like so. As you can see, I've never got myself to add actual war elements to the piece. Yet to do that. Bottom line is; texture work.

As per the text-geometry; I'd suggest you look more into typography. A good way to make it all seem fit in properly is to tweak around with the density of each words, and place it in a way that it will create invisible geometrical structures within. The first awkward thing I have noticed about the text (position/size-wise) was the The before "Rich" and after "Eat". It just, somehow, seems completely misplaced or unfit of its appearance. If I were you, I would have rather make it smaller or slimmer. As equally important, and still on the geometrical aspect of the piece ---Those two horizontal stripes getting off the piece would have actually --in my understanding and opinion-- worked better a tad up higher, as it would complement the sense of a square frame suggested by the allocation of the text.

There's a video that is just about right-on this kind geometrical asserting. Also happens to be an interesting music.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/vow7sD1LcbY" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/vow7sD1LcbY</a>

Keep it up.
Looking forward to see further work being done to this.
Klaasillu

« Last Edit: Monday, January 25, 2010, 03:15:15 AM by Dann »

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager