Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: District 9 and The Final Destination  (Read 1663 times)

cotton

District 9 and The Final Destination
« on: Sunday, January 24, 2010, 03:35:01 AM »
D9 sucked.  The previews made it look a lot better.  Very disappointed by it.

TFD was damn good.  If you get the DVD it has it in 3-D.  We watched it in 2-D..  But I can't wait.......   ;D

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Re: District 9 and The Final Destination
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, January 24, 2010, 03:52:28 AM »
You sucked. I watched District 9 in 1080p today for the second time and enjoyed every minute of it. It's not a typical "aliens are invading us, let's kill them" kind of thing. District 9 is very plausible, especially with all the background stuff going on and crooked government agencies. The CGI was fantastic as well, the human-CGI interaction was sooo seamless.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

cotton

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, January 24, 2010, 03:55:57 AM »
Hell yeah.  That WAS amazing.  I just didn't like the movie as much as I though it was..  Like the previews made it look much better.  So I was expecting a better movie.  And for it not being as good as I though it would be, it wasn't.
Like when you think someones hacking, you get that mind set that they are hacking.  Then you find out they aren't hacking, yet to keep thinking they are hacking because you thought they were.  Wasn't you set your mind towards something, it's hard to turn it away.

EDIT:

At least for a retard like me.. :-\

Jared

« Reply #3 on: Sunday, January 24, 2010, 11:49:42 AM »
FD was shitty IMO. It lacked everything, story and good cgi. It reminded me of a cheap syfy movie.

Crunk

« Reply #4 on: Monday, February 08, 2010, 00:46:36 AM »
District 9 was between good and great.  I imagine if I watched it in better quality (a DVD screener instead of a Telesync) then it mighta pushed it up just enough to cross the barrier.

The Final Destination, my god am I happy I didn't pay for that garbage.  The storyline?  The same as the other ones.  However, I've never seen the special effects in a movie actually get WORSE as time goes on.  Jared was right about it being cheap, the film coulda easily been sold as a student filmmaker's attempt to mock hollywood stereotypes.  The acting was terrible and so was the effects.  Couple those 2 with the same storyline as the other movies (which had better effects & acting) and you're left with a pile of shit that was meant to profit off of a film's previous releases.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #5 on: Monday, February 08, 2010, 00:49:43 AM »
District 9 was between good and great.  I imagine if I watched it in better quality (a DVD screener instead of a Telesync) then it mighta pushed it up just enough to cross the barrier.

1080p VERY NICE.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Crunk

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, March 03, 2010, 22:39:28 PM »

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager