Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: SF Hospital Search And Rescue  (Read 7389 times)

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
Re: SF Hospital Search And Rescue
« Reply #30 on: Thursday, May 17, 2012, 13:50:09 PM »
Excellent placement of random objects. That's always one of the hardest parts.

Offline Maxbulldog_53

« Reply #31 on: Thursday, May 17, 2012, 13:52:29 PM »
Excellent placement of random objects. That's always one of the hardest parts.

Thanks. Yeah I wanted to go for the most realistic disarray looking basement so i figured just throwin random crates and whatnot would look cool. turns out it does look pretty cool. 8)

*EDIT*

Also too I was thinking about mixing the spawn points between special forces and regular soldiers (guys with m16s) Do you guys think thats a good idea?
« Last Edit: Thursday, May 17, 2012, 14:10:10 PM by Maxbulldog_53 »
I need teepee for my bunghole!

Xfire----maxifymecaptain

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/1696/mouseyo.gif[/img]

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Thursday, May 17, 2012, 14:16:41 PM »
Thanks. Yeah I wanted to go for the most realistic disarray looking basement so i figured just throwin random crates and whatnot would look cool. turns out it does look pretty cool. 8)

*EDIT*

Also too I was thinking about mixing the spawn points between special forces and regular soldiers (guys with m16s) Do you guys think thats a good idea?

SF Hospital spawns are already made of mixed Indigen Forces and Special Forces units. The m16 hasn't a full burst option but other than no huge differences, except maybe that you'll have to withdrew frag grenades from the regular m16 equipped soldiers - This mission is placed in a hospital and that's why those weren't available in the classic version of the map (close quarter combat in a civilian populated area)
« Last Edit: Thursday, May 17, 2012, 14:18:54 PM by Koden »

Offline Maxbulldog_53

« Reply #33 on: Thursday, May 17, 2012, 14:36:12 PM »
SF Hospital spawns are already made of mixed Indigen Forces and Special Forces units. The m16 hasn't a full burst option but other than no huge differences, except maybe that you'll have to withdrew frag grenades from the regular m16 equipped soldiers - This mission is placed in a hospital and that's why those weren't available in the classic version of the map (close quarter combat in a civilian populated area)

Oh yeah I definitely didnt plan having any frag grenades at all. My lip quivers at the thought of flying grenades in hospital.

Xfire----maxifymecaptain

Offline soupcakes

• no soup for 4 U!
    • View Profile
  • AA: soul
« Reply #34 on: Thursday, May 17, 2012, 15:54:39 PM »
looks good, ill prolly wanna try your maap too on xfires or somethin.

i remeber when they had rpg on hosp... was pretty redic..

it is better without frags /rpgs...if only the noob cannons were gone
You gotta have a nuclear soul
To melt down all your sorrowful load
And you gotta have a mercury soul
To weigh down any glimmer of gold

Offline Maxbulldog_53

« Reply #35 on: Thursday, May 17, 2012, 16:26:26 PM »
yeah man just hit me up anytime 8)

Xfire----maxifymecaptain

Offline Calevey

• View Profile
    • SASF Clan
« Reply #36 on: Thursday, May 17, 2012, 16:50:15 PM »
Gotta say, the map looks really good and there are a lot more places to explore and VIP to hide. I don't know if it's beer that I have had or the map, but I got lost couple of times, heh. Clearly a map that you "can't" play with just couple of ppl online, but on the other hand makes it more fair for VIP in 1vs1 and 2vs2 kind of matches. I also like the darkness outside, which makes it more easy to sneak around. Now ppl can't camp for example inside the helipad building because it's like a light house in the middle of darkness. This is a good change, makes the overall gaming experience different. If you camp, you miss a lot of enemies sneaking around you.

If I want to say something negative at this point, the doors are out of the walls, which doesn't look that good, but that's a minor thing really. Can't wait to play this with some ppl online, which is the best test for the map. Difficult to say if there are too many rooms to hide or not. Keep up the good work.
- Getting old, cold and slow -

Offline Maxbulldog_53

« Reply #37 on: Thursday, May 17, 2012, 17:06:20 PM »
Gotta say, the map looks really good and there are a lot more places to explore and VIP to hide. I don't know if it's beer that I have had or the map, but I got lost couple of times, heh. Clearly a map that you "can't" play with just couple of ppl online, but on the other hand makes it more fair for VIP in 1vs1 and 2vs2 kind of matches. I also like the darkness outside, which makes it more easy to sneak around. Now ppl can't camp for example inside the helipad building because it's like a light house in the middle of darkness. This is a good change, makes the overall gaming experience different. If you camp, you miss a lot of enemies sneaking around you.

If I want to say something negative at this point, the doors are out of the walls, which doesn't look that good, but that's a minor thing really. Can't wait to play this with some ppl online, which is the best test for the map. Difficult to say if there are too many rooms to hide or not. Keep up the good work.

thanks man! glad to see you enjoy it. As for the doors coming out of the walls I plan on going back through and realigning all of that. Basically I just threw them in there so they were there. didnt really align anything yet.

Xfire----maxifymecaptain

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Thursday, May 17, 2012, 17:37:01 PM »
When you feel that you have finished the map. I challenge you to make your own map from scratch. When you finish, go back to this Hospital map and see if the knowledge you gained gives you any more ideas.

I'm trying to not spoon feed so you can learn all the tricks by yourself.

Offline Maxbulldog_53

« Reply #39 on: Thursday, May 17, 2012, 19:14:12 PM »
When you feel that you have finished the map. I challenge you to make your own map from scratch. When you finish, go back to this Hospital map and see if the knowledge you gained gives you any more ideas.

I'm trying to not spoon feed so you can learn all the tricks by yourself.

Yeah I understand that and appreciate it. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside when I figure something out on my own :D

For instance I've been toying around with doors and stuff and I got some pretty cool working doors now! Check it out!
Just some glass doors for the cafeteria:

Double doors:

Single door:

Xfire----maxifymecaptain

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Thursday, May 17, 2012, 19:25:36 PM »
Cool. Here's a real life tip. In large rooms that open into hallways, doors are required by law to open outwards. Why? Imagine you are in a club and there is a fire. Everyone rushes to the exit to leave, but if the doors open inwards everyone is fucked because dumb people.

But because this is a video game, it's usually more beneficial to have doors open outwards from whatever side you are on :) This means it needs to be a two way mover and you need an extra keyframe. bTwoWayMover.

Offline Maxbulldog_53

« Reply #41 on: Thursday, May 17, 2012, 20:05:33 PM »
Cool. Here's a real life tip. In large rooms that open into hallways, doors are required by law to open outwards. Why? Imagine you are in a club and there is a fire. Everyone rushes to the exit to leave, but if the doors open inwards everyone is fucked because dumb people.

But because this is a video game, it's usually more beneficial to have doors open outwards from whatever side you are on :) This means it needs to be a two way mover and you need an extra keyframe. bTwoWayMover.

hahah dumb people. And yeah its a double mover. Opens both ways :)

Xfire----maxifymecaptain

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Thursday, May 17, 2012, 20:30:25 PM »
Good work Urkel.

Offline Maxbulldog_53

« Reply #43 on: Saturday, May 19, 2012, 12:47:21 PM »
Just a few more screenies of some things i've added.

Some cool generator things in the electrical room:

Breachable door in the security room:

Inside the breachable room:

As you can see the breachable room is just a closet. My plan is to give only the VIP 1 breaching charge and put an ak with 1 mag and a smoke grenade in there.

Xfire----maxifymecaptain

Offline Archeh

• .[Ak4]. Member
  • Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
  • AA: Not Cwunk
« Reply #44 on: Saturday, May 19, 2012, 15:48:08 PM »
VIP spawning with a breacher seems illogical, maybe he can find one on a table near his spawn?
Hi I'm Archeh I like too have fun online playing shoot-'em-up video games

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager