Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Question  (Read 4377 times)

Offline SPC-D.Pelerine[3rdID]

Question
« on: Friday, October 05, 2012, 05:17:54 AM »
is it posable to get workinf humves in AA2.5 or was that a AA2.8.5 thing since some of the things i need are in AA2.5 but not all for me to have it in my map like i had if so can someone give me a code to add a humve into my map

Offline ^FanaT!c][+

Re: Question
« Reply #1 on: Friday, October 05, 2012, 09:39:34 AM »
I'm afraid it might not work just like coop maps... But I'm not sure

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #2 on: Friday, October 05, 2012, 10:08:15 AM »
They added it in 2.7 along with the coop play I believe, before that there weren't any driveable humvees.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday, October 05, 2012, 14:07:43 PM »
It would be possible to have vehicles you can drive. Maybe not an humvee. Oh, without any sound tho (no engine sound at all) and the driving feeling it's not really refined (no gear change, steering it's not terribly intuitive, kind of...inertial).

A coop mode is available too, but artificial intelligence is really raw and not really functional for most needs (it won't run around, it won't shoot in a "believable" way, honestly it's rather useless). It also makes for a lot of error reports due to uncompleted functions, which will fill your server log up for hundreds of megabytes really fast. Which is way it's not practical (your server wouldn't last up online for long before crashing).
« Last Edit: Friday, October 05, 2012, 14:16:05 PM by Koden »

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #4 on: Friday, October 05, 2012, 17:27:30 PM »

the 2.4.1 editor was where usable vehicles were first introduced into AA, as you can see by those 2 YouTube videos I linked. Making maps with usable tanks, Humvee and APC's is completely feasible, any of the current Assist developers can do it if granted, they are willing to put the time into doing so. However I will myself will not help you, for several reasons, obviously life's moved on since I put time into this project last, and other commitments have arisen. The main reason tho is simple, the current devs need to learn to explore the editor on there own, they have to lose their training wheels.

On a last note before I drift off into the shadows of rarely checking this site (pm's included btw) let me just point out, the infomation is out there on the internet, you just need to search it out.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

« Reply #5 on: Saturday, October 06, 2012, 01:21:52 AM »
can someone send me a pm with a code for eather a working usable tanks, Humvee and APC's so i can add to my map since every way i try to add one dose not work for me

« Reply #6 on: Monday, October 08, 2012, 15:50:13 PM »
can someone send me the copy of a working code to have drivable vehicles so i can add them into my mapjust post here or send me a pm with it

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, October 16, 2012, 14:24:57 PM »
can someone please help me with the code to have Drivable vehicles for my map

Offline zoxee

« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, October 16, 2012, 15:00:14 PM »
With all the time you invest in your map, i hope we can see it one day
First time hot knifing hash oil, sent me to the moon, zombified. Not a whole lot of fun.

« Reply #9 on: Saturday, October 20, 2012, 13:48:59 PM »
The Following is just some of the Screenshots i took well converting my map i had to take some things out since  can not add them but the following is the converted map i am working on that is for my AA unit i am with and that only my unit will play on since it is only a trainning map

Offline zoxee

« Reply #10 on: Saturday, October 20, 2012, 15:50:07 PM »
wtf... ARMA 4 ?  :D
First time hot knifing hash oil, sent me to the moon, zombified. Not a whole lot of fun.

« Reply #11 on: Saturday, October 20, 2012, 16:10:14 PM »
nope AA2.5

« Reply #12 on: Thursday, October 25, 2012, 13:30:58 PM »
well can someone help me to add drivable vicheals to my map i have ask many times and noone messaged me a code or a link to where there is a code that i can use

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, October 25, 2012, 14:01:58 PM »
well can someone help me to add drivable vicheals to my map i have ask many times and noone messaged me a code or a link to where there is a code that i can use
I don't know for 100%, but I'm pretty sure drivable vehicles came into the game later in 2.7 with the co-op play.

Again, not 100% sure, but that's what I think.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

« Reply #14 on: Thursday, October 25, 2012, 18:09:18 PM »
Spanky said they came into the game in the old 2.5 and are somewhere in the 2.5 editor but i can not find where they would be

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager