Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Promoting mAAp maps and some other official maps  (Read 3981 times)

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
Promoting mAAp maps and some other official maps
« on: Sunday, September 30, 2012, 16:48:40 PM »
It's pretty much obvious that at this time most of the mAAp maps and many of the official maps aren't played nearly anymore. While it doesn't take off the gameplay itself, it surely takes off of variety. And lack of variety is what ultimately drives to boredom. It's much healthier to have a certain amount of players that play different maps than a handful of those that will only jump on a single map which they're terribly fond of, because the former will most likely keep on playing even if their favorite map is not available (and in the end that is the key to have a good average amount of players during the day).

So, considering that there are some worthy maps (mAAp Pipeline, Breakout, Rummage, Sandstorm, JRTC Farm Raid, etc) that aren't played at all, i think there might be some things that could be done to improve the variety, by promoting those against the majority of the few that gets over-regularly played every single day.

Among the first things that might be effective, hitting hardcore as much as newer players, might be points assignment: we can decide the amount of points assigned for each map and especially for each objective, so we could easily increase the amount of points given once completing a round successfully (not just by standing idle) in those maps. Of course the difference shouldn't higher than about 30% to 40% in comparison to others maps, to give a premium but not to create a huge inequality.

Some other ideas might be assigning badges or achievements in a Steam way, which already was a feature of the former America's army profile when the website was still online (the Jacket).

Any other ideas you'd throw in?

Offline zoxee

Re: Promoting mAAp maps and some other official maps
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, September 30, 2012, 18:58:48 PM »
BTW Koden, as a newcomer you are doing an outstanding Job on the forums,
must be said. In a few months you'll get your own star  :D <3
First time hot knifing hash oil, sent me to the moon, zombified. Not a whole lot of fun.

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, September 30, 2012, 23:03:05 PM »
organizing a Mix like TNF or Chickens Farm Mix it's the best way IMO, ppl on AA dont care about such things( thats whats  I think) so we'd better schedule games on those unplayed maps :), TS3 or any other VOIP tool would NOT be a requirement to play in those games.

2nd: if server owners/admins enable map rotation players will ALWAYS face a new map, in 'every' server, but that's Hard lol, if pit could DENY most of the servers from the Auth :P
I've been playing COD (2, 4 and MW3) and on Cod only a few servers keep running the same Map, most of the servers use map rotation.
« Last Edit: Sunday, September 30, 2012, 23:08:28 PM by Possessed »
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline ^FanaT!c][+

« Reply #3 on: Monday, October 01, 2012, 00:26:45 AM »
Koden I think ur idea might really work but I would add a small idea to yours as well. How about reducing points given on servers with modded weapon?

Offline BiG_SerGiO

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • "I got soul but i'm not a soldier..."
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese Warriors
  • AA: [PTwars]b!6
« Reply #4 on: Monday, October 01, 2012, 07:10:31 AM »
organizing a Mix like TNF or Chickens Farm Mix it's the best way IMO

I got a new UK server and TS3 server with enough slots to do a ONC like there used to be. I was thinking something like every Monday or any other day make a competition for EU players with like 6 maps each week, and the winner on that week would be carrying a in game icon during the remain days till the next event. Of course i will need some help for this, a site would also be awesome, just like the old -> http://www.onenightcup.net/

You could play as a clan or a mix of friends or even those without team could join one on the selected day.
Any ideas?
"Three things can not hide for long: the Moon, the Sun and the Truth"?
Hmm?

https://vortexservers.com/clients/aff.php?aff=406

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday, October 01, 2012, 13:12:31 PM »
2nd: if server owners/admins enable map rotation players will ALWAYS face a new map, in 'every' server, but that's Hard lol, if pit could DENY most of the servers from the Auth :P
I've been playing COD (2, 4 and MW3) and on Cod only a few servers keep running the same Map, most of the servers use map rotation.

There's a reason for that, in this game most of the people prefer to play on the map they know the most to "win" and gather more kills easily, while Call of Duty can succeed on being a Free for all on really every single map. It makes it harder for lesser experienced players (which includes non-hardcore ones too). It surely doesn't make for more fun, at least 2 of every 3 servers should feature maps rotation.

Events are ok, my best hope would be for clans to host a few public servers on those lesser known maps, for training purposes before an event.

@ Fanatic, actually modded servers shouldn't be tracked, in the end they destroy both the mission objective and the weapon balance too. Just look at SF_Hospital, 5 m203s instead of 3 already make quite a difference.

Offline ^FanaT!c][+

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, October 02, 2012, 03:08:29 AM »
Koden I dont even want to mention Bridge and def with SF!  Is really unplayable.. But how about tryin chagnges about u said( I mean changing points). If we wanna change anything we have to do it as soon as possible or our loved game will be keep loosing players, the new ones as well as old school.

Offline k!cker

• View Profile
  • AA: k!cker
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, October 02, 2012, 21:15:23 PM »
You all should give up on Assist. The new AA is underway and from what I know it's going to be legit. I would say just ride it out till the new stuff comes out.

Offline BiG_SerGiO

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • "I got soul but i'm not a soldier..."
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese Warriors
  • AA: [PTwars]b!6
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, October 02, 2012, 21:36:53 PM »
You all should give up on Assist. The new AA is underway and from what I know it's going to be legit. I would say just ride it out till the new stuff comes out.

New AA will take more than 1 year to come out ;)
"Three things can not hide for long: the Moon, the Sun and the Truth"?
Hmm?

https://vortexservers.com/clients/aff.php?aff=406

Offline k!cker

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, October 03, 2012, 00:16:37 AM »
It's been in development longer than you think!

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, October 03, 2012, 00:52:38 AM »
in 'development' doesn't mean that it will be released tomorrow. look at assist...
4 July 2014, that's the day xD
« Last Edit: Wednesday, October 03, 2012, 00:54:39 AM by Possessed »
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Offline k!cker

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, October 03, 2012, 19:13:35 PM »
I didn't say it was going to be released tomorrow.

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, October 03, 2012, 21:42:29 PM »
I didn't say it was going to be released tomorrow.
you got the point.

Offline k!cker

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, October 03, 2012, 22:13:16 PM »

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, October 28, 2012, 14:30:09 PM »
Glad to see all these fantastic ideas took off.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager