Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: My first project!  (Read 2575 times)

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
Re: My first project!
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, May 09, 2012, 18:34:32 PM »
One more suggestion, I would spend a lot of time practicing vertex editing. It is super useful and MUCH easier than guess and check with the red brush for BSP. Even with the ruler it's difficult to get the exact measurement of things, and that's when vertex editing comes in handy. Sometimes it's easier to duplicate an existing BSP and vertex edit it to fit other things. I use it a lot for subtractions and zone portals.

Yep. Just make sure your doing all of this on the grid.

Offline Maxbulldog_53

« Reply #16 on: Thursday, May 10, 2012, 16:01:37 PM »
so i've run into quite the roadblock. It seems ive created a hole in the space time continuum. Here's some screenshots of whats happened:

I havent done any editing near this area and im not sure what caused it or how to fix it. can someone help me out here?
I need teepee for my bunghole!

Xfire----maxifymecaptain

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/1696/mouseyo.gif[/img]

Offline Alex

« Reply #17 on: Thursday, May 10, 2012, 16:06:08 PM »
Looks like a BSP tear. They happen when you misplace BSP and don't keep things on the grid. Look at the BSP in the area, is anything not lined up to the grid? Static meshes can also cause problems if they overlap with BSP, but that's a lot more rare.

Offline Maxbulldog_53

« Reply #18 on: Thursday, May 10, 2012, 16:28:10 PM »
Yeah as i went back through i i found a few things that werent snapped. snapped em in problem solved. Thanks man
I need teepee for my bunghole!

Xfire----maxifymecaptain

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/1696/mouseyo.gif[/img]

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager