Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: MP_BREAKOUT UPDATES  (Read 15727 times)

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Re: MP_BREAKOUT UPDATES
« Reply #45 on: Thursday, October 10, 2013, 21:47:34 PM »
Out of curiosity is English not your native language spanky? that would explain A LOT

No, I'm from Russia.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #46 on: Thursday, October 10, 2013, 22:51:57 PM »
in Soviet union, English course's You.
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #47 on: Friday, October 11, 2013, 14:56:21 PM »
Добрый день! Я тоже русский!
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #48 on: Friday, October 11, 2013, 15:48:24 PM »
Добрый день! Я тоже русский!

Sup with it homeboy?
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #49 on: Friday, October 11, 2013, 16:07:07 PM »
Just pointing it out (incorrectly, I might add) ;)
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Mixk

« Reply #50 on: Saturday, October 12, 2013, 04:51:24 AM »
Awesome attitude. Ignore suggestions and criticism.

And continue to take away valued maps from the community who keep this game active.
There was few to no one playing this map till Rapture decided to start promoting it and set his server to it. You act as if a majority of the AA 2.5 players were playing it and they weren't. Guaranteed a lot of them never even known the map existed.
I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

Offline Rapture

« Reply #51 on: Saturday, October 12, 2013, 17:34:36 PM »
worked on the map abit today. i have fixed the assault ladder glitches. they now work perfect. I custom made a cylinder csg_subtract to custom fit the manhole. manhole looks cleaner now.  tomorrow i will replace all doors. apparently taking a mover and resizing it screws up the properties of the doors. so i will be replacing all the doors.

Offline Rapture

« Reply #52 on: Monday, October 14, 2013, 20:01:48 PM »
Im stating that the map is obviously not a massive hit.

Looks like its doing good to me. Let me also add its been like this for 2 hours and counting :D

« Last Edit: Monday, October 14, 2013, 20:08:50 PM by Rapture »

Offline Ganja

« Reply #53 on: Tuesday, October 15, 2013, 04:47:46 AM »
Fake SS. Wolf doing 8-3 can't be true ...

Offline M_TopSecret

• Never fly the 'A' model of anything. — Ed Thompson
    • View Profile
    • |M|@fioso Clan
  • AA: |M|TopSecret
« Reply #54 on: Tuesday, October 15, 2013, 23:15:46 PM »
lol this is true Ganja..
Never fly the 'A' model of anything. — Ed Thompson

Offline world-

• View Profile
  • AA: world-
« Reply #55 on: Wednesday, October 16, 2013, 18:10:30 PM »
I hated that map before it was changed, now it's more playable. Their are two major choke points that I think should be addressed. The OBJ room should be changed to make the player less trapped. As soon as D hears the door breacher go off they come running and it can be very hard to get out of alive. The Glass room, well what can u say except for the fact that a D player can run in there after assault gets obj and be protected from gun fire. All he has to do is chuck nades or flashes at the assault player and not get shot because the glass is bullet proof. Silly if u ask me.

I thank you for all the time and effort that you have put into thou, it's more than I could ever do. I play it mostly because sometimes it's the only server with people, so it's either it or shut down AA. I am more of and outdoor map guy so there isn't many indoor maps I like. However I think changing those two things would really help.

Btw my favorite map never gets played...SF Recon :)

Offline Rapture

« Reply #56 on: Wednesday, October 16, 2013, 19:26:35 PM »
The Glass room, well what can u say except for the fact that a D player can run in there after assault gets obj and be protected from gun fire. All he has to do is chuck nades or flashes at the assault player and not get shot because the glass is bullet proof.

this can easily be defeated by going out of offices towards staircase and boom up to the 3rd floor u are without ever having to go into the conference room. also take notes in the available smoke nades u have. pop one of them bad boys off and thow it inside the conference room, wait a few secs and u are concealed.

i didnt add the quote about the obj choke point. Truth be told, i could make the room bigger with various objects inside the room. i honestly have no problems grabbing the obj and getting out. see i made this map in hopes to bring back teamwork. obviously like any other map, if ur the last on ur team its a slim chance you will win.  This is how me and wolf and several other players work as a team to win.

I make it into the ceo's office. i first check the vent in the office for enemies then immediately check the ceo's restroom  meanwhile wolf is in the secretary's office looking into the filing room and office room for e's, once he does that he then checks the secretary's vent for e's.

at this point, wolf hangs out around secretary's  desk (since it provides cover) while i place breacher on the door. during all this we keep our ears open for a enemy that may be coming up the vents thru the 1st floor..

so u see we watch each others back. Now as i stated before this map is trying to get people back onto teamwork. It seems alot of what destroyed this game is that people turned the game from one that uses teamwork and strategy into a run and gun. All people care about is Kills. This is (hopefully) forcing people to make a team effort to gain objective. Most people wont play as a team. I have had no problems at all with taking obj, covering whoever is taking obj and extraction of the obj. I guess its all about who is on your team and if they would rather go play rambo instead of working as a unit
« Last Edit: Wednesday, October 16, 2013, 19:28:09 PM by Rapture »

Offline world-

• View Profile
  • AA: world-
« Reply #57 on: Wednesday, October 16, 2013, 22:45:44 PM »
The army never made this game team oriented, they said they did as much but if you really look at the way commands are set up you would see why the failure. Trust me, I am very much a team player, or try to be. Usually it only happens for me when an player comes in the server that I have played TWL or cevo with back in the day and I know we have similar teamwork. Nowdays if I go follow a team mate it just gets me friendly flashed or naded..

Thanks for the reply

Offline Rapture

« Reply #58 on: Thursday, October 17, 2013, 01:13:34 AM »
im not the army :) not trying to be a butt or anything. but i do understand that you CANT force people to play as a team. But this map is in hopes that once people realize rambo wont work, then they change their strategy and maybe, just maybe come up with a game plan the team can work with. i have 0 problems getting to objective and extracting the objective. ofcourse if i have a bunch of noobs on my team it makes it harder. but this map has become more fun in my opinion as it is unlike any other map. yes in my attempts to make the map a more equal playing field, its now more of a def sided map, unless u know how to utilize the other paths i built and utilize smokes and flashes.

Offline Rapture

« Reply #59 on: Thursday, October 17, 2013, 01:18:20 AM »
i can make the obj room bigger and maybe add some cover inside so that if ur stuck in there when enemy shows up you have places to hide and ways to protect yourself from full flashes or full damage from nades. but it will take a few days for me to  get to it, then after i cannot give u a time frame for a push. So it may take some time

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager