Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: User name and honor name claim  (Read 2976 times)

Offline Alpha.it

User name and honor name claim
« on: Wednesday, October 30, 2013, 08:41:31 AM »
Hello everybody,

I am [CoM]Alpha.it
This is my battle tracker page: http://battletracker.com/playerstats/aao/263114/%5BCoM%5DAlpha.it/
I lost my pw and changed my mail.
I can prove this is my account because my mail was my name and surname. I can sent a pic of my ID card via mail to the admin.
I can also prove that I'm the founder of my clan because I can tell the admin the pw to join.
I would like to change the email on the battle tracker account and reset the password to get back my nick, my honor and my training.
May a admin contact me directly?
Thanks

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
Re: User name and honor name claim
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, October 30, 2013, 09:16:13 AM »
The admins here can't really change your information on Battletracker.com.
Provided the proof, they could reset your honor for the new account.

The admins on BattleTracker.com could, but I'm not sure if they will. I see you made the same topic there as well so all is good, but I'm not exactly sure how active the admin(s?) there are.
Homey's last post was at the end of August in there, but you could maybe try and PM or email him:
http://battletracker.com/forum/index.php?page=User&userID=1

I hope this helps.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Alpha.it

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, October 30, 2013, 09:21:56 AM »
Thanks i tried also pm him.
If no one answer me on btracker how can I prove to you I'm [CoM]Alpha.it?
I've not found any old screenshot on my pc...

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, October 30, 2013, 10:23:39 AM »
Well you don't need to prove it to me, you need to prove it to the admins here (which I am not).

As for how. A screenshot would usually suffice, but you said you don't have any so I can't think of many things. But the admins will probably have a better idea of what they would require as proof.

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Dialects

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, October 30, 2013, 11:11:42 AM »
Generally speaking, when Battletracker and SS fails, we tend to suggest you head over to DRAAT and search for your eventual status in there. Essentially, DRAAT was a 2.5-made tracker that would track players by name as opposed to by account-determination. Because of this, any and all name changes would create a new tracking profile.

I've took the liberty of searching your various usernames and came up with nothing for the following:
22.07.2006   [CoM]Alpha_leader
27.12.2004   [CoM]Alpha_leader2
26.12.2004   [CoM]Alpha_leader
26.11.2004   [EI]Marchesi

The BG check didn't return anything either. Not even through w/ IP search.

Was there any other account you owned that might have been tracked at some point?

/Dan
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - George S. Patton

Offline Alpha.it

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, October 30, 2013, 11:16:04 AM »
My only account was [CoM]Alpha.it that as you posted had those change. But my name can help:
is quite easy then using my identity:
I registered my first in game nick [EI]MARCHESI http://battletracker.com/index.php?page=AAOPlayernameHistory&pid=263114
Marchesi is my surname.
My tracker mail is [email protected] this is the one I don't have anymore
And my tracker login is [CoM]Alpha_leader.
My mail now is "dottor matteo marchesi @gmail. com"
I can send to an admin pic of my ID card with my name that's in every step above indicated.

« Last Edit: Wednesday, October 30, 2013, 11:27:36 AM by Alpha.it »

Offline Dialects

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, October 30, 2013, 11:42:22 AM »
I am not sure the ID Card will help proving your game identity --although it may contribute to a better understanding of account affiliation. I checked your IP and it returned being from Italy, which further proves the aforementioned.

I'm afraid I can't help you any further on this matter. Maybe either Spanky and/or ELiZ know a better way of handling this?
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - George S. Patton

Offline Alpha.it

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, October 30, 2013, 13:44:18 PM »
I understand an identity can't be proved, but I just joined my previous clan [CoM] with my new account Alpha.it
You see [CoM]alpha.it (my 93 honor account) was named MARCHESI, my surname is MARCHESI I rejoined my clan with my password, so I proved that was my account, don't you think?
see:
http://battletracker.com/playerstats/aao/840189/Alpha.it/

Offline Dialects

« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, October 30, 2013, 23:19:14 PM »
In theory, yes, such actions may be consider proof enough to claim your honour --however, this is a delicate situation. We may be opening up a precedent that may end up being exploited in some way. Be reminded that you do not need to know a password in order to join a clan. What I mean to say is that simply having a bud in the clan and having him provide you the password is a simple enough work-around to claiming an account that may not be yours to begin with.

I am not saying this is what you did. I am simply alerting to the fact that these is a possible scenario.

This matter has been brought to the Admin's attention and is currently being discussed.

/Dan

Offline Alpha.it

« Reply #9 on: Thursday, October 31, 2013, 02:32:07 AM »
I think this matter is as follow:

since my surname is in my first ingame nick, in my lost register mail to the tracker, in the mail now I use, on my ID card (that I can still provide to an admin)

and

since I can rejoin my clan (wich I founded and for wich I chose the pw)

then this should prove enough this is my account.

On the other hand I would be rather a crazy guy if I searched all the tracker to find such coincidences and I would have nothing to do all day long to put up all this  :fool:

To be sure this is not a precedent, here you have the important fact my nick is my surname. I can tell you that [EI] clan asked for that: to use your surname to play.

thanks

Offline Dialects

« Reply #10 on: Thursday, October 31, 2013, 12:02:04 PM »
However unlikely as it may sound to you, it is still a possible scenario. That's all I was saying.

Anyhow --in regards to your account: I'll need to have you send me a picture/scan of your ID Card. Once that's done, we'll raise your current account (the 10 honour one) to the honour registered in your old AA account (93) et voi lá : )

/Dan

Offline Alpha.it

« Reply #11 on: Thursday, October 31, 2013, 15:40:36 PM »
Cool, but I'd like to have my [CoM] tag, is it possible? It says the nick +tag is occupied by the account we r talking abt.
What is your private email?
« Last Edit: Thursday, October 31, 2013, 15:57:50 PM by Alpha.it »

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, October 31, 2013, 17:10:59 PM »
I'd guess you can PM him, if you're not comfortable with that have him PM his email.

As for the tag, of course you can use it as your in the clan apparently. But you can't use the EXACT same name. i.e if you want to be Alpha.it you need to change your name a bit, something like "[COM]Alpha.it.". An other way to make it look sort of like "[COM]Alpha.it" in the game is to name yourself "[COM]AIpha.it", with a capitol i instead of a small L. They look almost identical in the game (not in tracker though).

Offline Alpha.it

« Reply #13 on: Thursday, October 31, 2013, 18:23:17 PM »
That what I thought.

Offline Dialects

« Reply #14 on: Thursday, October 31, 2013, 23:47:32 PM »
We can't do anything in regards to your username.

That's on Battletracker's end, not ours.

I've replied back to your PM.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager