Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: X-fi settings help !  (Read 17609 times)

Offline Alex

Re: X-fi settings help !
« Reply #60 on: Friday, January 17, 2014, 22:52:28 PM »
Admins and forum moderators, apart from Bart couldn't tell an exploit, bug nor titanic from a fair player which uses everything default.
This is such bullshit. An exploit is anything that required a glitch to pull off. Stuff that is not meant to be in the game. That's all there is to it. Id on't see how a competitive player knows more about what is an exploit.
Quick swapping, prone shooting, running with gun. All are exploits that were not meant to be in the game and all were fixed later by the original devs.

Your superiority complex is so large it's almost pathetic.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #61 on: Saturday, January 18, 2014, 02:55:43 AM »
For your information, Killa, they never really managed to fix quickswap altogether. They just limited it to less ways of doing it.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline krIz+

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: Saturday, January 18, 2014, 04:50:01 AM »
quickswap is not an exploit, i never saw any team gets disqualified for such thing

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #63 on: Saturday, January 18, 2014, 05:10:59 AM »
It is a bug. It's something that you were not meant to do. Exploiting (to my knowledge) is using a bug in your advantage. Therefor, it's an exploit.

The fact that everybody uses it, doesn't make it not an exploit. The fact that you don't get banned for it doesn't make it not an exploit.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #64 on: Saturday, January 18, 2014, 05:12:25 AM »
quickswap is not an exploit, i never saw any team gets disqualified for such thing

Sure it is, this  game was never meant to behave in that way, that's why it's an exploit.

Offline Bart!

« Reply #65 on: Saturday, January 18, 2014, 06:35:09 AM »
It is an exploit, krIz and Ares, just so you know, officially seen, everything what was not meant to be in the game but is used because its better to do so is technically an exploit.

The thing you are mentioning is that it is tolerated by leagues to do so and thus not being a punishable exploit. But that's different from being an exploit technically seen.

Offline Ares

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: Saturday, January 18, 2014, 06:57:29 AM »
Im well aware that fastswap is an exploit, and I use it. And has always used it. They did remove it but it was possible to go around. I didn't, i really tried to stop using it and with that evolving my playingstyle. It worked alright, then the game died and we went back to assist. You're mentioning the blatant expoit such as running with gun, and nade. What about the not so blatant ones? You will never to be able to outrule all of them, this game will never be bug, exploit or anything else free.

Killaman you sound like you actually think im the biggest exploiter and user of all the bugs availible, which I'm not, I'm a fair player. I bitch a whole lot, i let my mouth run warm. But that's about it. Fastswap being the only thing i use, not to gain an advantage but because it's just a reflex. If you present me with a way of removing fastswap, without being able later on to bind one of the aliases in user ini to a button, which has a command on it that connects to crouch|onrelease|stand. I'm all for it. But it aint possible. My superiority complex is simply me knowing more about the subject than you, been around longer and  have weighed the pros and cons rediciously long.

So tecnically, If i change a value in my armyops.ini from true to false. Which gives me, say the lack of debree coming of the wall when i shoot at it. (which is a value i have changed in my ini) Just because I find the animation/effect silly and unrealisticly annoying. That is meant to be in the game, and meant to be removed if i choose, don't give me any advantage whatsoever, just lets my eyes rest better shooting straight into a wall. Is that an exploit?
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 18, 2014, 07:06:22 AM by Ares »

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #67 on: Saturday, January 18, 2014, 12:25:56 PM »
I love the excuse "everybody else does it so I do too". I hear a lot of people jump off bridges....
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Alex

« Reply #68 on: Saturday, January 18, 2014, 13:28:02 PM »
My superiority complex is simply me knowing more about the subject than you, been around longer and  have weighed the pros and cons rediciously long.
hahahahahaha. This is just too good. Keep it up man.
You have posted nothing to prove you're more knowledgeable, you just keep spewing this "holier than thou" bullshit.

So tecnically, If i change a value in my armyops.ini from true to false. Which gives me, say the lack of debree coming of the wall when i shoot at it. (which is a value i have changed in my ini) Just because I find the animation/effect silly and unrealisticly annoying. That is meant to be in the game, and meant to be removed if i choose, don't give me any advantage whatsoever, just lets my eyes rest better shooting straight into a wall. Is that an exploit?
Did you even read my post on what an exploit is? Or did you just jump on the "i'm better than you" speech without reading? What you described is an ini tweak. It seems like you're the one who doesn't understand this.
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 18, 2014, 13:33:27 PM by KiLLaMaN »

Offline Ares

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: Saturday, January 18, 2014, 18:00:12 PM »
hahahahahaha. This is just too good. Keep it up man.
You have posted nothing to prove you're more knowledgeable, you just keep spewing this "holier than thou" bullshit.
Did you even read my post on what an exploit is? Or did you just jump on the "i'm better than you" speech without reading? What you described is an ini tweak. It seems like you're the one who doesn't understand this.
If I come across as that, it's because it's my intention, don't pardon me. This is how I do it on forums. A dying breed it seems. My attitude here is a reflection of how people here ggo around in circles patting eachothers backs, if you really want to discuss something with me, hit me up on teamspeak, i'm on the official teamspeak alot.

So is changing cashsizemegs, soundchannels and any other computer tweak inside the .ini. The first ones are even in the official "how to improve your pc performance" posted by abraxas back in 04'
Who gets to decide whats a tweak which gives you an unfair advantage and what isn't. People on here? This forum is like the tactics forum on aaotracker and offtopic section put together, but worse. I love this place. "JOO THINK YOU ARE BETTER THAN EVERYONE ELSE, YOU GO, GO NOW" Kisses and hugs peepz
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 18, 2014, 18:03:52 PM by Ares »

Offline Ares

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: Saturday, January 18, 2014, 18:01:43 PM »
I love the excuse "everybody else does it so I do too". I hear a lot of people jump off bridges....
And I love your "I'm bored with how AA works" instead of the correct way "I'm unable to change my gameplay into something which challenges me and further gives me newfound joy"

If you feel jumping off is for you, go for it.

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

« Reply #71 on: Saturday, January 18, 2014, 19:14:01 PM »
Game was and still meant to be as realistic as possible. Can you use cheats, exploits, glitches, bugs in realism? My answer would be no. Everyone should be epual. I dont find how you are a competive player or anyone else using advantage. Competition means challanges. All you look is for easier kills, better frag, same gameplay. Can i ask? In realism (army) would you have headset, soundcard, tweaks? The game meant to be realistic, previous devs tried to fix, it didnt work, maybe it would be possible to fix all of this with some ideas in the nearier future. I understand as a normal advantage throug out the game, numbers of soldiers, lets even mention random spawns, different guns, epuipment etc. Only ppl who disagree, want to save tweaks for their own benefit for easier game play where from my vew of prospect a competitor player who is hardcore without any advantage.

Offline Ares

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: Saturday, January 18, 2014, 19:27:40 PM »
Game was and still meant to be as realistic as possible. Can you use cheats, exploits, glitches, bugs in realism? My answer would be no. Everyone should be epual. I dont find how you are a competive player or anyone else using advantage. Competition means challanges. All you look is for easier kills, better frag, same gameplay. Can i ask? In realism (army) would you have headset, soundcard, tweaks? The game meant to be realistic, previous devs tried to fix, it didnt work, maybe it would be possible to fix all of this with some ideas in the nearier future. I understand as a normal advantage throug out the game, numbers of soldiers, lets even mention random spawns, different guns, epuipment etc. Only ppl who disagree, want to save tweaks for their own benefit for easier game play where from my vew of prospect a competitor player who is hardcore without any advantage.
As a former cheater, who got caught, you'd know wouldnt you? What you can do, and always will in the real life army ( i can't fucking belive we're having this discussion) is to cheat, decieve and trying with your life on the line to gain every possible tactical and non tactical advantage over your enemy, which doesnt involving moaning that they have airsupport or helicopters and you don't. No raising the white flag because the war is unfair. Think before you post shit like this man. I've done my tours in the army, we had nightvision, they didn't. Best example to poke you on the nose with.
I told you this before, what we're looking for is the opposite of easy kills, we want the challenge, but on the same level as your fellow opponent, your notion of what competitive playeres are and what they do seems like its brought from a dark place inside you, it's like we're the ones picking on you in school when you were a kid. How can you have such harsh opinions based on people who cheat and glitch, hack and whatnot when the majority of the people getting caught, and have been caught in the past have been pubbers, not competitive players, pubbers. You try leveling the gameplay which sometimes means you have to fastswap, which is really the only tweak i can come up with to fit this discussion, bringing up anything else at this point would only heat up shit and you'd come with your silly "game is unfair" blabla.

I think you're seriously missed the whole what the previous devs tried fixing. Were you even around when the game was sanctioned by the army? They made it pretty clear that they wanted a merge between realism and steady gameplay, realizing that a full on realism FPS game was never possible. You'd know this if you were around and active. I just don't pull all this shit out of my ass, despite some obvious poostains on some of the theories and opinions. Some of the opinons and comments here are sometimes what the previous communities, not only competitive have been discussing, ruled and voted in for the past 10 fucking years, you guys come in going all "LET'S MEIK THIES GAME BETER K?" but fails on every doorstep to the process of it as it stands right now. My "im holier than thau" is simply put alot of me trying to put up a show, if you can't read between the lines and you take me only for the puns i put in, the fault is yours. There are some obviously good advice, suggestions and pointers in the stuff i write. Not in the posts where i point our everyone elses, in my opinion faulty opinions though, that's discussing, and yes I discuss in a manner which obviously don't fly here, which just makes it even more fun for me and the ones reading and agreeing with me. Invite me to a teamspeak chat, and we can do this in a better manner if you want some advice, which i know you don't. You admins got this, we set our best men on this.

OnT: I will post screenshots of my xfi settings, which are what i've been using for the past years. So that more people can use them and understand what a HUGE advantage it gives you. THE LAST PART IS IRONIC FROM MY PART OKEJ?
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 18, 2014, 19:46:51 PM by Ares »

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #73 on: Saturday, January 18, 2014, 20:16:56 PM »
Ares, even wars have rules.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geneva_Conventions

For this game the closest we got is the TOS, that you agreed to be able to play this game

For explots like quickswap and what not:
This ax extract of the TOS, check out xii

Code: [Select]
The Licensee is considered violating the Terms of Service if you, the Licensee:
(i) Harass, threaten, embarrass, or do anything else to another player that is unwanted, such as repeatedly
     sending unwanted messages or making personal attacks or statements about race, sexual orientation,
                     religion, heritage, etc.
(ii) Transmit or facilitate distribution of content that is harmful, abusive, racially or ethnically offensive,
                       vulgar, sexually explicit, defamatory, infringing, invasive of personal privacy or publicity rights, or in
                       a reasonable person's view, objectionable. Hate speech is not tolerated.
(iii) Disrupt the flow of chat in AA with vulgar language, abusiveness, use of excessive shouting [all caps] in
                       an attempt to disturb other users, "spamming" or flooding [posting repetitive text].
(iv) Impersonate another person (including celebrities); indicate falsely that you are a Dev, or attempt to
                       mislead users by indicating that you represent Assist or it's Devs.
(v) Attempt to get a password, account information, or other private information from anyone else on Assist
                      or AA.
(vi) Promote or encourage any illegal activity including hacking, cracking or distribution of counterfeit software.
(vii) Upload files that contain a virus or corrupted data.
(viii) Use or distribute "auto" software programs, "macro" software programs or other "cheat utility"
                        software program or applications.
(ix) Modify any part of the Assist service.
(x) Post and/or distribute any player's real-world personal information inside Assist or AA.
(xi) Attempt to interfere with, hack into or decipher any transmissions to or from the Assist or AA servers.
(xii) Use and/or distribute exploits to gain an unfair advantage in a game.
(xiii) Interfere with the ability of others to enjoy playing AA.

« Last Edit: Saturday, January 18, 2014, 23:05:17 PM by ELiZ »

Offline Alex

« Reply #74 on: Saturday, January 18, 2014, 22:32:53 PM »
If I come across as that, it's because it's my intention, don't pardon me. This is how I do it on forums. A dying breed it seems. My attitude here is a reflection of how people here ggo around in circles patting eachothers backs, if you really want to discuss something with me, hit me up on teamspeak, i'm on the official teamspeak alot.

So is changing cashsizemegs, soundchannels and any other computer tweak inside the .ini. The first ones are even in the official "how to improve your pc performance" posted by abraxas back in 04'
Who gets to decide whats a tweak which gives you an unfair advantage and what isn't. People on here? This forum is like the tactics forum on aaotracker and offtopic section put together, but worse. I love this place. "JOO THINK YOU ARE BETTER THAN EVERYONE ELSE, YOU GO, GO NOW" Kisses and hugs peepz
Isn't is obvious who gets to decide what is allowed? It's the people that pay and work to keep this game alive. If you don't like how the game is being handled, you're free to not play it. A lot of the admins, especially Eliz, have given so much time and effort into this project, and then we have people like you who contribute nothing but condescending bullshit.

Just an fyi, if you intend to look like an arrogant douche bag like you claim, nobody is going to take you seriously. And if nobody takes you seriously, I don't understand what you're trying to get out of posting here. That is unless you're just here to troll, which seems likely at this point.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager