Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: X-fi settings help !  (Read 17463 times)

Offline Ares

• View Profile
Re: X-fi settings help !
« Reply #30 on: Thursday, January 16, 2014, 14:42:39 PM »
Lol tweaking graphics settings doesnt make you see any farther? You obviously have never used them on a map like river basin, the difference is like night and day man.

I also like that you are saying struggling players should get a better soundcard, it is basically telling the "hey, waste money to hear unrealistically in this game".
River basin being my favourite map, yes I have played it. Alot. The rendering of the enemy is still the same, opfor pop up on the exact same distance no matter what g-card tweaks you've got. You see them more clearly with some settings and drivers, sure. But not further.
I feel I gotta say, i don't hear as good as i use to in windows xp, where we use to test diffrent soundsettings for each and every map and save them. I'm sure you still can hear that well with some silly tweaks, but I have a hard time seeing that you could disable the smoke sound like @ganja said, that sounds more like 3rd party to me; disabeling the code of smokesound, but I dunno.
And no, what I'm saying nick, is that up to everyone how they want to play the game, within the limits that have always been accepted, this is actually the first time iv'e been hearing that people think xfi soundcards and their tweaks are unfair. This community is really really narrowminded and lost at some points. This being one.

Offline Alex

« Reply #31 on: Thursday, January 16, 2014, 14:43:27 PM »
Calling fastswap a glitch, bug or whatever you choose calling it is like saying doubletap W = Run is bugising and unfair because you can actually doubletap w and press your designated run button at the same time to get the weapon animation to bug out and not drop down. Fastswap is there, for everyone to use it, it makes you swap things faster, yes. But nothing is stopping you from using it, adapt mate.
This is hilarious. You do realize that we don't allow the running with gun exploit, right? We have a hackhunter check for it, and if it was up to me, we'd have one for quick swap as well, if that is even possible. Quick swap is an exploit, there is no other way to look at it. It wasn't intended to be in the game.

Just because you CAN do it, doesn't mean you SHOULD. By your logic, POKES should be OK, since everyone could use them. That's ridiculous.

I get that the competitive players are used to exploiting the game and getting whatever advantage they can out of it,but I didn't think you would fight so hard to keep these ridiculous advantages in the game.

I'll ask you this, since competitive players are so much better than everyone else when it comes to AA, why the hell do you need all these exploits and tweaks? You should be able to kill all of us horrible pubstar peasants easily, right? Why fight to keep this garbage in the game?

« Last Edit: Thursday, January 16, 2014, 14:50:07 PM by KiLLaMaN »

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #32 on: Thursday, January 16, 2014, 15:08:28 PM »
River basin being my favourite map, yes I have played it. Alot. The rendering of the enemy is still the same, opfor pop up on the exact same distance no matter what g-card tweaks you've got. You see them more clearly with some settings and drivers, sure. But not further.
I feel I gotta say, i don't hear as good as i use to in windows xp, where we use to test diffrent soundsettings for each and every map and save them. I'm sure you still can hear that well with some silly tweaks, but I have a hard time seeing that you could disable the smoke sound like @ganja said, that sounds more like 3rd party to me; disabeling the code of smokesound, but I dunno.
And no, what I'm saying nick, is that up to everyone how they want to play the game, within the limits that have always been accepted, this is actually the first time iv'e been hearing that people think xfi soundcards and their tweaks are unfair. This community is really really narrowminded and lost at some points. This being one.
So you're saying it's totally normal for an enemy to appear in the middle of your screen?
I'll go on a limb here and say it's not.
If that's what's happening to you, you've done something for it to happen, because with regular settings this pretty much only happens when you're looking for someone with the corner of your screen.

And X-Fi gives you an advantage, that's a fact. Whether or not we should call it unfair is another question. Right now it's not considered unfair (or unfair enough), because you're able to play with your X-Fi card.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #33 on: Thursday, January 16, 2014, 15:16:22 PM »
Big respect to Teddy and Killaman for voicing my opinion precisely :)
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

« Reply #34 on: Thursday, January 16, 2014, 15:20:46 PM »
It is unfair advantage, I played with zibi and I know how hard it is against these kind of soundcards.

Its funny how you try to navigate this to a negative atmosphere on the forum. You're really like dav3 Ares, don't become a pain in the ass here.

Offline Ares

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Thursday, January 16, 2014, 15:36:35 PM »
So you're saying it's totally normal for an enemy to appear in the middle of your screen?
I'll go on a limb here and say it's not.
If that's what's happening to you, you've done something for it to happen, because with regular settings this pretty much only happens when you're looking for someone with the corner of your screen.

And X-Fi gives you an advantage, that's a fact. Whether or not we should call it unfair is another question. Right now it's not considered unfair (or unfair enough), because you're able to play with your X-Fi card.
Ofcourse it's in the corner of your screen, on river basin and any other longrange maps i thought that went without saying. But yes looking through the corner, which we can agree everyone does? No advantage is gained with colorcorrection. Same goes for looking normal, they appear on the same distance no matter what settings you got.

Offline Ares

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: Thursday, January 16, 2014, 15:38:16 PM »
It is unfair advantage, I played with zibi and I know how hard it is against these kind of soundcards.

Its funny how you try to navigate this to a negative atmosphere on the forum. You're really like dav3 Ares, don't become a pain in the ass here.
Yeah like if i would cheat, get caught and be welcomed back into the community. Change name into something which indicated big remorse and go pat everyone on the back. Don't throw them rocks when inside glasshouse.

I feel everyone with good internetconnection has a unfair advantage over those who don't, "you can't just tell them to invest in better internet to become good in a game!"
« Last Edit: Thursday, January 16, 2014, 15:42:47 PM by Ares »

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #37 on: Thursday, January 16, 2014, 15:42:45 PM »
Yeah like if i would cheat, get caught and be welcomed back into the community. Change name into something which indicated big remorse and go pat everyone on the back. Don't throw them rocks when inside glasshouse.

Hehehehehehehehehe
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Ares

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Thursday, January 16, 2014, 15:48:30 PM »
This is hilarious. You do realize that we don't allow the running with gun exploit, right? We have a hackhunter check for it, and if it was up to me, we'd have one for quick swap as well, if that is even possible. Quick swap is an exploit, there is no other way to look at it. It wasn't intended to be in the game.

Just because you CAN do it, doesn't mean you SHOULD. By your logic, POKES should be OK, since everyone could use them. That's ridiculous.

I get that the competitive players are used to exploiting the game and getting whatever advantage they can out of it,but I didn't think you would fight so hard to keep these ridiculous advantages in the game.

I'll ask you this, since competitive players are so much better than everyone else when it comes to AA, why the hell do you need all these exploits and tweaks? You should be able to kill all of us horrible pubstar peasants easily, right? Why fight to keep this garbage in the game?

We don't need them, for real. But in competitive whatever, you adapt and go with the changes if you want to win. I don't have tweaks, which are originally something you changed inside the .ini file or user.ini. Xfi settings, are not tweaks in the regard that they give you an advantage which is faulty and nasty. If you want good music sound, you fix your soundcard settings, swap to 5.1 speakers or whatever you choose doing, same goes for AA.

Offline Saltuarius

« Reply #39 on: Thursday, January 16, 2014, 16:56:31 PM »
in every game u have to "learn" an exploit to compete, there is something wrong. i already stated that in another thread, where i mentioned to believe the % of quickswap users are around 70-80%. i was interested, so i started a little statistic, randomized of course. i was astonished, that my first numbers were around 15%. quickreload was <5%.

in my opinion u have to sanction it, if u want a rising community.

i declare myself as a quickswap-user, so maybe im biased.

Offline Alex

« Reply #40 on: Thursday, January 16, 2014, 18:26:54 PM »
We don't need them, for real. But in competitive whatever, you adapt and go with the changes if you want to win. I don't have tweaks, which are originally something you changed inside the .ini file or user.ini. Xfi settings, are not tweaks in the regard that they give you an advantage which is faulty and nasty. If you want good music sound, you fix your soundcard settings, swap to 5.1 speakers or whatever you choose doing, same goes for AA.
None of my post was regarding sound tweaking and soundcards. We cannot control that so it is pointless to debate it. My post was mostly about exploits. You said that you have to adapt, which is true. But what if it didn't have to be that way? What if we got rid of the exploits we could get rid of? How would that lower the quality of the game? It would just increase it. It wouldn't hurt anyone, just increase fairness.

You talk about adapting, but I haven't really seen you say a definite answer to the question, so here it is flat out. Would you support the removal/penalization of exploits if it were possible? Simple question. To me, there is no logical reason to not support such a thing. Again, this isn't talking about sound, just exploits. The only reason I could think of is you want to keep your advantage over players who don't use them, which in my opinion, would just be pathetic.
« Last Edit: Thursday, January 16, 2014, 18:32:24 PM by KiLLaMaN »

Offline krIz+

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Friday, January 17, 2014, 09:20:58 AM »
ares is right, you dont see farther with colorcorrection, trust me i tweaked the hell out of this game :P

same goes to soundsettings, if you are lazy and cba to change channels and pump treble up and bass down, then its your fault, its not a secret to anyone, if you'r a bad player then yea you will always accuse someone in tweaking.

Offline [LoB].Legio.CPT

« Reply #42 on: Friday, January 17, 2014, 09:32:30 AM »
Since I started playing in 2009, I haven't tweaked much. Of course, you search for the settings that suit your computer best, but wtf is this crap about color correction on X-FI?

When it comes to exploits, it's clear and simple: I have never used any and in order to maintain a level playing field I would be wholly in favor of banning anybody that uses them. Yes, they are glitches in the original software, yes, anybody could use them, but let's be fair; we are playing a game here. Let's have a level playing field.

p.s.: if anybody is so hung up on honor points for them to resort to using all the glitches, exploits and what not, they need to get a mental check. It's  a game FFS. Or do these people play Monopoly with loads of cash from a second game up their sleeve so they can win? Get a life!

Cheers,

[LoB].Legio.CPT

Jared

« Reply #43 on: Friday, January 17, 2014, 10:07:56 AM »
This is the way i see it.

INI tweaks have been taken the wrong way because of user exploits, people have found the bad things you can do to them in order to get an advantage BUT INI settings to me are purely for the fact of getting the game to smooth and consistence for my machine. Everyone's machine is different and everyones internet connection is different, theres not a 1 size fits all solution.

About XFI - I think it lame to think it gives you an "unfair" advantage. Can you hear sounds better or more crisp yes, and you hear them further on XP for sure, but in the end sound will only take you so far you still have to be a good shot, know when to peak and when to prefire. I play on a macbook pro, and i'm still able to keep up with players i know have sounds cards and good headphones. It comes from time playing the game and knowing how players are going to move or what they are going to based on where you are on a map.

As per the video card settings, its a joke to say they make you see further lol your not changing the draw distance in the game by changing your GCB settings. It make this sharper or easier to see, but again it doesn't really give you an advantage because if the other player is better than you, you will still lose. Now there are some bad things that video cards can do like powerstrip, and the shadows, or the inverted CT settings :D but most people don't know how to do.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #44 on: Friday, January 17, 2014, 10:41:03 AM »
About XFI - I think it lame to think it gives you an "unfair" advantage. Can you hear sounds better or more crisp yes, and you hear them further on XP for sure, but in the end sound will only take you so far you still have to be a good shot, know when to peak and when to prefire. I play on a macbook pro, and i'm still able to keep up with players i know have sounds cards and good headphones. It comes from time playing the game and knowing how players are going to move or what they are going to based on where you are on a map.

Easier to be a good shot when you know where the enemy exactly isn't it

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager