Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Will these ever be added?  (Read 959 times)

Offline ESN98

• View Profile
  • AA: ESN98
Will these ever be added?
« on: Friday, April 04, 2014, 22:56:21 PM »
I'm talking about things from 2.8.5 that were there right before it was shut down like certain training missions like the Eagle tower obstacle course, vehicle training, AT4 and the bunker busting version of it, Javelin training, ES2 objects even though they have no purpose. Also certain missions like ES2 Border, and the one SF map including the use of Hummvees I can't recall the name though. Also is it possible to make the ingame server browser working again? I honestly would love to see this game grow back to that point it was when we were left oh so suddenly by the creators.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
Re: Will these ever be added?
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, April 05, 2014, 01:54:27 AM »
I don't think it's possible to bring back Javelin training or vehicle training to 2.5, just because there is no working vehicles or a Javelin in this version of the game.
Same goes for the maps you suggested, they're coop maps designed to kill the AI and the AI in this version is virtually nonexistent.

The server browser inside the game uses queries that have no response anymore. It might be possible to edit them so they'd work again, but I think it's highly unlikely. The devs here don't have the source code so most things are quite hard to change inside the game.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Alex

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, April 05, 2014, 03:11:53 AM »
I'm talking about things from 2.8.5 that were there right before it was shut down like certain training missions like the Eagle tower obstacle course, vehicle training, AT4 and the bunker busting version of it, Javelin training, ES2 objects even though they have no purpose. Also certain missions like ES2 Border, and the one SF map including the use of Hummvees I can't recall the name though. Also is it possible to make the ingame server browser working again? I honestly would love to see this game grow back to that point it was when we were left oh so suddenly by the creators.
The answer to pretty much everything is a no.

Co-op maps are not currently possible in AA 2.5 as it doesn't possess the same AI capabilities as 2.8.5.
Also, we cannot add new weapons as we do not have access to the source code. Anything that can be done has to be done through mods that run on top of the game.

I don't think it is possible to get the in-game server browser to work due to how the authorization is set-up. It has to be run through the Assist client. I could be wrong though. Wait for Eliz to comment on this one.
 Not sure why it's a big deal to have to close the game out to join a new server.

Other training maps could be possible (as long as they don't require weapons or vehicles which are not in 2.5) but not likely.

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #3 on: Saturday, April 05, 2014, 05:02:56 AM »
In game browser will be impossible due to how our auth works.

Offline ESN98

• View Profile
  • AA: ESN98
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, April 05, 2014, 22:03:33 PM »
Well you said more training missions are possible here is one that was in before. I wish I had more coding and modelling experience so I could actually help, but I only have some small model making experience on Oxygen 2 for ArmA 2.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager