Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: What happened to Johhny?  (Read 4421 times)

Offline blint63

What happened to Johhny?
« on: Wednesday, June 06, 2012, 17:14:53 PM »
What happened to Johhny?

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Re: What happened to Johhny?
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, June 06, 2012, 17:25:49 PM »
I hear he took all his profits from Assist and bought a house in the caribbean.

http://aao25.com/hackers/banned-for-weaponsmod-ini-help-needed/msg23653/#msg23653
http://aao25.com/2-5-assist/hand-over-of-command/

*EDIT*
Looking at the hand over command thread, he deleted his account?

*EDIT*
Deleted member "Jonnym"   June 02, 2012, 12:55:42 AM   Guest (Jonnym)   Guest   109.*.*.*
Anybody get a PM from him? I didn't.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, June 06, 2012, 17:28:31 PM by Spanky »
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, June 06, 2012, 18:01:06 PM »
I did not.

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, June 06, 2012, 18:37:29 PM »
This one is the most recent word of his mouth i was able to find around.

http://battletracker.com/forum/america-s-army-2-x-forums/america-s-army-discussions/202958-i-miss-aao/

I have to agree with flatlander. The childish nature and lack of professionalism is one of the major reasons i quit the project, the forums were becoming an embarrassment.
i dont know if anyone here remembers draat.net but thats what it has become.

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, June 06, 2012, 19:20:46 PM »
I posted there, user "vortex666"
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline Alex

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, June 06, 2012, 21:24:54 PM »
This one is the most recent word of his mouth i was able to find around.

http://battletracker.com/forum/america-s-army-2-x-forums/america-s-army-discussions/202958-i-miss-aao/

The thing is that AAO25 is nowhere near Draat. If Jonny thinks so, he obviously didn't go to Draat often. I was one of the biggest posters on Draat (Shamefully) and I, as well as all the other admins, will never let AAO25 get to the point Draat was at.

I honestly think Jonny expected too much out of the project.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, June 06, 2012, 21:30:20 PM by KiLLaMaN »

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, June 06, 2012, 21:34:59 PM »
I'm going to write a significant (hopefully others think so too) post that might clear some things up.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, June 06, 2012, 22:01:31 PM »
Just for reference, in case something happens to it, here's what I wrote on Battletracker:

I guess I'm a little late to the party but I would like to comment on a few things. If you hate me, you hate me, there's nothing I can do to change about that. First off, a lot of you don't know where AAO25 came from. I've been running a site called Headshot! for years now. When Assist (called Deploy way back then) first came out, Jonny wanted a forum so I gladly gave him a subforum where he had moderator and could manage forum posts under his own control. Assist didn't get used a lot then so my site was still my site. Headshot! was always a place for a bunch of us friends to hang out and bullshit outside of overbearing moderators on other forums. Then, when AA's authorization went down, Assist usage skyrocketed, people actually recognized that it had a purpose now. Because of this and the large amount of activity flooding to Headshot!, I purchased a new domain, got increased web hosting and totally reorganized the forum and hand-coded all the statistics on the site to suit Assist and AA related talk.

Now how am I the bad guy here? I've put in a fair bit of effort into AA, nothing near what Jonny has but I've still done a lot of stuff I didn't have to. Money out of my own pocket. Funny thing is, I don't even play the game anymore. Maybe some of you don't like the way I represent myself on my forums, you do have a valid point, things have been less than ideal with drama and bullshit. But, it's an open forum. Ronny is the only one that's currently banned there (for making multiple accounts and harassing). Some of the other admins moderate posts and clean things up but largely, it's a community where anyone is free to say anything.

Now, as for the whole Ronny thing, yea I banned him from AA and the forums. He's the kind of AA player that changes his name every other day and looks for any unfair advantage (exploit) that he can. Not to mention, he has hacking bans from 2.8 just before authorization went down. Now, the way I banned him could have gone better but I'll be honest and say that I tricked him. I told him to type an EditObj recoil modification in the console, Assist kicked him and I added the ban. Is this really abuse of power? He could have asked anyone (most of whom hate him) and gotten the same result. I would totally admit to guilt if he was a completely clean and respectful player but he's not. But, because I did trick him, I wanted to give him an opportunity to become unbanned by sharing the ini trick with us so we can make a PunkBuster CVAR for it and get those exploiters out of the game. He just started making threats and cussing so I banned him from the forum after a few days.

As for other bans and unbans, I've never been bribed to ban or unban somebody. I've always looked at the unban requests with an unbiased look. I've voted the way that I think is best, as have other admins. There's been a few occasions where my banning or unbanning actions have been corrected and I'm fine with that.

Just because I don't play the game doesn't mean that I treat it with malice. I have very little to do with the game anymore. Every so often I'll check the hacking alerts but most of the stuff is done by other people. BiG Sergio is so fast with banning hackers that his name is on most of them:
http://auth.aa25.org/PBLog/ALERT.txt
I don't do mAAp stuff anymore, I just help those that want to continue to edit/create maps with advice. All I do is talk on my forum. I don't think it's really fair to chastise 2.5 because of stuff I say on my forum.

For Brussels opinion, the whole thing was a breakdown in communications. I didn't understand what he was trying to do and he came to AAO25 out of nowhere with vague plans to do things but nothing ever went anywhere. For some reason, things took a nosedive when I setup a Facebook account for AAO25's news. I tried PMing him to get admin on his Facebook page so I could setup news there but didn't get a reply. Now he's saying that he doesn't trust me and hates anything to do with me.

To reply to a few things that were said...
Quote from: '=theFlatlander=',index.php?page=Thread&postID=2724291#post2724291
i was about to try 2.5. but after i see all that "dev" assholes loving themselfs because they can ban people now and all their fucked up behaviour i decided to spend 50 for bf3...

let the kids pretending they "own" a game now and  let them ban/unban maybe for money next time(if this isnt already happening). i just cant handle that douchebags ;)

read their forum,absolut disgusting...
Quote from: '=theFlatlander=',index.php?page=Thread&postID=2724331#post2724331
this ronny/spanky quoting is a perfect example for their bazar dealing mentality regarding bans.. gimme this,gimme that to get unbanned. never saw this in any anticheat community because with this style you disqualify yourself.
Ronny was a unique situation. As I said before, I have never been bribed to ban or unban people. It has always been just and fair. I'm not the only one with access to bans. There's at least 4 other people that I can think of off the top of my head. I think Ronny's evidence speaks for itself.

Quote from: '=theFlatlander=',index.php?page=Thread&postID=2724296#post2724296
I see people get unbanned for a "good story" even without any proof,lol whatever that means-maybe if 60% of the staff think its good you get unbanned. other people with a "bad story" get flamed to the bones from staff,randoms whoever wanna bash... without any control from so called mods.

the whole communication looks pretty agressive over there and the staff seems to like it and play it very well,too. just a hint,be more professional,be fair(ban is ban,no proof no play f.e.)
atm it looks for me loke a bunch of kids with too much control and no concept.

have to say its good to see people doing it for free keeping it "alive" but this spanky guy,as nice as it is that he do it all,is just a no go. his attitude and acting...bah.put the nose down and just be more professional ;)
Have a look at the current amount of people banned (if you can see this, I don't recall if it's public):
http://auth.aa25.org/PBLog/bans.txt
Now, I recall 2 or 3 users that were really controversial when they came and wanted to be unbanned. I can only recall 1 that remained unbanned and that was because of me. I remember there was a thread or poll about it and I said I would unban unless anyone had objection to it. Specifically, I was looking to see if Jonny objected to it because, well, it is HIS system. I waited a day or two, noticed that he had been on the forums but didn't reply to the thread. I figured he had no objections so I unbanned. A few days or a week later, he makes it clear that he objected but while he had access to the bans, he didn't unban.
So, when you say the majority of hackers get unbanned, take a long look at that list and then realize that it's a pretty good permanent banlist for a game with so few people playing.

Quote from: 'jonnym',index.php?page=Thread&postID=2724298#post2724298
I have to agree with flatlander. The childish nature and lack of professionalism is one of the major reasons i quit the project, the forums were becoming an embarrassment.
i dont know if anyone here remembers draat.net but thats what it has become.
I really do hate to be hard on you but I gotta say, I gave you admin on the forums, you had complete control yet you did very little. I did see in the logs that you deleted posts and you were free to do so and I back your decision on those. But, to say that the forums are an embarrassment while you had control of them, that's a little odd. AAO25 has forum trolls, every forum does. To say it's become DRAAT though, that's a bit of a stretch.

Quote from: 'RonnyLay',index.php?page=Thread&postID=2724300#post2724300
jonnym was the most fair guy in forums.
spanky fking everything now .. he just want ppl if he is not getting money.
Quote from: 'RonnyLay',index.php?page=Thread&postID=2724308#post2724308
And also Spanky is shit , doing this game die coz he is not getting enough money.
so AA is died.
You were the first and only person to ever give me money ($10) in the last 5 years I've been doing things for AA. Your argument that I'm only motivated by money is total bullshit. Like I said above, I don't really do anything for the game, positive or negative anymore. If I wanted to see the game die, you all would know what the real meaning of admin abuse. I could fuck over every server, ban all players and really turn the game into shit. But take a quick look at this cool code I made:
http://s.aao25.com/
See that? People playing! Not molested, not harassed, not banned, not in any way affected by me. Hell, most of them probably don't even know who I am or what AAO25 is!

In closing, I would just like to say that I'm sorry to Jonny that my attitude and actions have been a thorn in your side. I know I was a jerk from the beginning, you know, when you first included mAAp in Deploy. I hate to think that I'm the cause of you leaving AAO25 but it's kind of obvious now. I'm sorry. Thank you for all your efforts in AA and for making mAAp known. Without you, people still wouldn't know what mAAp is. I hope your life is less stressful and that you have more time for things that you enjoy now that you've left Assist and AAO25.

Offline Nip!

« Reply #8 on: Sunday, June 10, 2012, 07:13:23 AM »
Kindergarden Management spotted :ö

Offline Ganja

« Reply #9 on: Sunday, June 10, 2012, 07:34:07 AM »
Holy crap what a post Spanky  :o

Edit: Like Spanky said I guess I'm sorry too for being childish sometimes and spamming alot, but I still believe that's how forum works. If you have only serious people I think it might got little boring.
Anyway for the 10st time thanks Jonhym for what u've done here, great job.
Edit2: thanks Spanky also ofcourse and the others
« Last Edit: Sunday, June 10, 2012, 09:38:35 AM by Ganja »

Offline ^^UnDiSpUtEd^^

« Reply #10 on: Sunday, June 10, 2012, 08:21:25 AM »
Good job for all admins and for who helped the community of AA:)

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #11 on: Sunday, June 10, 2012, 09:31:49 AM »
hi Spanky !

thank you very much that you made this post about jonnyM and - of course - for the time you spent for that incredible game aa25. we love you all out there for that bro!!

but it is a pity that jonnyM left this forum and this project. i realy wish you can fix that in a way, would be again a great task of you - and a honor to jonny and the community too.

maybe lets make a recall to him, like this one or something bigger. i do remember the reborn of aa25assist at the very beginning - and the step down from a lot of us from 2.8.5 to this level after auth went down. and that was in front of CHRISTMAS !! - i realy remember that as it was yesterday. a whole big community was shocked.

to break without a friendly farewell is today almost usualness, but we can that do better - or we should do that better i guess - it is our community we all love. if so without jonnyM, then it has to be, but we should try to call him back.

go for it and we all love you that much - would be a kind of naughty  ;)

thanks again Spanky for all you did - and will be done in the future
cya
Merl.

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, June 10, 2012, 11:54:40 AM »
Assist is being run by the forum member here pit-23. Jonny wont come back. I dont really see what jonny can do that pit cant.

That's quite unfair. He created the Assist, without it, it would have probably taken a lot more to have another system for users tracking, at the very least.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, June 10, 2012, 15:24:55 PM »
Jonny knows Assist better than anybody. Granted, Pit has coding experience and did create a patch for Assist which was added in.

I have PM's from Jonny over the last 4 months that really explain his leaving in a practical sense. I don't think he's mad or has hatred for the community, he's just tired of the bullshit (bans, hacks, immaturity) and disappointed to see that AA isn't taken seriously and has a poor player base (quality, not quantity). I would post those PM's here but I don't want to violate that privacy.

I will say that I hope Pit steps up and does some work soon, he's 2.5's last hope. I know there's a lot of potential with Pit, I hope future releases reflect that.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, June 10, 2012, 15:53:00 PM »
Except he has full knowledge of the entire workings and setup of the current version of Assist.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager