Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Well this game is getting boring.  (Read 7196 times)

Offline Maxbulldog_53

Well this game is getting boring.
« on: Thursday, July 12, 2012, 23:03:39 PM »
Don't get me wrong I love America's Army as much as the next person but lately I've just been getting bored with the game. Not only that but the only way to stand a chance and get a few kills is if your ini is tweaked and you have a good headset and soundcard. I can't sit back and relax and play because of the amount of ridiculous shit that happens (everyone glitching and exploiting to get kills) and a lot of the people that play now (at least on the NA side of things) are just immature asshats. Kinda just venting here but you won't be seeing me playing much AA anymore sad to say.
I need teepee for my bunghole!

Xfire----maxifymecaptain

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/1696/mouseyo.gif[/img]

Offline eKC0mm

Re: Well this game is getting boring.
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, July 12, 2012, 23:12:55 PM »
If our admins and gmods could refrain from posting these stupid posts people might actually have confidence in this game.

Theres no confidence because our admins don't believe in this project. Its sad.
eKComm - Team Non-Sense

Offline Alex

« Reply #2 on: Thursday, July 12, 2012, 23:25:48 PM »
If our admins and gmods could refrain from posting these stupid posts people might actually have confidence in this game.

When have I said that? There is a difference between not having confidence and looking at things realistically. We're not going to get a huge player increase, it just won't happen., The game is too old and has very little going for it. That doesn't mean there is no hope for a good future. We should be happy that AA 2 still exists. Although the amount of hackers had shaken my confidence some, I still believe this project will survive.

Offline exception

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, July 12, 2012, 23:36:41 PM »
I have a pretty good headset but I'm on a laptop w/ on board sound and zero edits in any of my ini's, and i still do pretty well. I don't really know what glitches or exploits you're talking about. I do get annoyed of cocky asshole players as much as the next person. Seems like it's stemming from players who were only ever decent and now with the player base so low they're good comparatively and they're getting big egos, but don't let it get to you.

I was going to comment on the shakira/sergio thread before it got locked, but as a basketball player that played through high school and still plays regularly, I'd like to make a point on that comment. People who trash talk in sports are usually known for being trash talkers rather than for their skills and are rarely liked/respected. Do your talking with your skills and have some sportsmanship, everyone has more fun.

I agree that some people need to get some thicker skin here. This shit has been happening in AA for 10 years, but I also agree it's not fun for anyone to go into a server looking to relax and compete in such an unfriendly atmosphere.

Offline Maxbulldog_53

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, July 12, 2012, 23:41:55 PM »

I'm not saying I don't believe in the project. I love the fact that AA2 is still around and kicking. As killa said the player base isn't going to grow. The same thing that happened to aa happened to another game I used to play called Descent 3. Once it died out you had a core group of people that created a community and kept on playing. Eventually it dwindled down to about 15 people playing the game now.

All I'm saying is people need to quit being 10 year olds with their try hard panties all in a bunch and enjoy the game. I've observed it only getting worse since I have gotten back into AA.

Xfire----maxifymecaptain

Offline -NicK.!

« Reply #5 on: Friday, July 13, 2012, 00:44:29 AM »
Not only that but the only way to stand a chance and get a few kills is if your ini is tweaked and you have a good headset and soundcard.
This is 100% false. Most times when I am in a public server i dont even use sound. Sure you arent going to go 13-0, but you can still get a decent amount of kills.

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #6 on: Friday, July 13, 2012, 01:46:51 AM »
I know a guy who kills 2x more without sound lol, I haven't played much because of my ping, rarely ppl say something offensive to me and when that happens, I just ignore, theres alot of room to play on(~90 servers), the problem isn't the game, but the ppl behind the keyboard.
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline ZakuAce

• Needs moar ROE
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday, July 13, 2012, 01:53:49 AM »
2.5 has too many tryhards now, it's not fun like it was before.  People, this game is very old, playing super competitive on pubs is just silly.

Offline Maxbulldog_53

« Reply #8 on: Friday, July 13, 2012, 01:56:04 AM »
I know a guy who kills 2x more without sound lol, I haven't played much because of my ping, rarely ppl say something offensive to me and when that happens, I just ignore, theres alot of room to play on(~90 servers), the problem isn't the game, but the ppl behind the keyboard.

exactly. like i said. I love the game just as much as the next guy,

Xfire----maxifymecaptain

Offline Archeh

• .[Ak4]. Member
  • Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
  • AA: Not Cwunk
« Reply #9 on: Friday, July 13, 2012, 02:05:05 AM »
I was playing pretty well today without sound...

headphones come tomorrow  :cool:
Hi I'm Archeh I like too have fun online playing shoot-'em-up video games

Jared

« Reply #10 on: Friday, July 13, 2012, 02:07:29 AM »
lol. This is funny.

Join the 82 Server with pick your weapons if you want fun non comp playing.

If your getting into pugs/tnf - your going to get people trying hard. Its human nature to try and excel. Don't complain.

--

Good sounds doesn't make you good. It makes you hear well, I hear people all over and still get owned.

As per ini's -- its meh. Everyone seems to think that there is some _golden_ ini that just makes you better. It doesn't ,most so called tweaks arn't tweaks at all but more or less settings to get the game to run the best it can for your machine.  :duh:

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #11 on: Friday, July 13, 2012, 02:12:36 AM »
I have onboard sound on a laptop, so all I can hear is doors open next to me and people moving a few meters away. This doesn't mean I can't take advantage of what I do hear, but it doesn't mean I have to go to my ini's changing shit to hear better either.

As per ini's -- its meh. Everyone seems to think that there is some _golden_ ini that just makes you better. It doesn't ,most so called tweaks arn't tweaks at all but more or less settings to get the game to run the best it can for your machine.  :duh:

Its somewhat true, but I've heard of people who minimize they're recoil through their ini's (don't ask me how, I don't know nor do I care),

But of course the thing you said about sound is true. Even if you know where the enemy is pretty good through sound, if you can't shoot for shit you might not kill him.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline pit-23

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday, July 13, 2012, 02:23:41 AM »
I know a guy who kills 2x more without sound lol

I frequently play without sound, and I observed many times that I play better without it. I mostly rush hard, so sound is not that crucial. And when I don't have it, I seem to be more focused on the view, and have better reflex when spotting opfor. You know, it's just that my brain can now dedicate more cell-power for the sights :-D.

Offline Maxbulldog_53

« Reply #13 on: Friday, July 13, 2012, 02:51:11 AM »
lol. This is funny.

Join the 82 Server with pick your weapons if you want fun non comp playing.

If your getting into pugs/tnf - your going to get people trying hard. Its human nature to try and excel. Don't complain.

--

Good sounds doesn't make you good. It makes you hear well, I hear people all over and still get owned.

I have no problem with comp play at all. It's just not fun for me anymore. There's nothing you or anyone else can do to change that honestly. As for the ini its funny that all the people that argue that "it's all for performance" are the people that mess with them and guess what? Those people are lightyears better than your average player. Seems a bit fishy to me but it is what it is. Obviously there are things in there for performance but there are other things that give you unfair advantages if you know what youre doing. You can't deny that. You can push the whole performance thing all you want. I just dont buy it. :rtfm:

Xfire----maxifymecaptain

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #14 on: Friday, July 13, 2012, 02:52:04 AM »
you won't be seeing me playing much AA anymore sad to say.

You're a little late to abandon ship but you're still welcome to join us in the liferaft :)
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager