Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Website.  (Read 4015 times)

Offline Maxbulldog_53

Website.
« on: Friday, March 30, 2012, 00:38:08 AM »
Hey guys, I know I'm new here but I'm certainly not new to the AA community and I really love and appreciate what you guys are doing for AA 2.5. Just wanted to say that I have a background in website designing and I could maybe help out in that regard as far as making a more user friendly site? Just some food for thought and if you guys are interested just reply and let me know!
I need teepee for my bunghole!

Xfire----maxifymecaptain

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/1696/mouseyo.gif[/img]

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Re: Website.
« Reply #1 on: Friday, March 30, 2012, 01:06:38 AM »
I can't wait until Jared see's this :)
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Blur

« Reply #2 on: Friday, March 30, 2012, 11:04:08 AM »
He's right in the fact you do have to develop websites for computer illiterate people.

Think you guys have done an great job of that :P

The only thing i could suggest is possibly footer links and/or a download link in the menu list up the top to help with navigation and thats if your being picky...

Offline Maxbulldog_53

« Reply #3 on: Friday, March 30, 2012, 12:42:12 PM »
I'm not necessarily saying that this site isn't user friendly. My critiques of it I guess would be it looks a little bland, as well as the forum can be a little difficult to navigate. Again I'm not trying to bash anyone here just trying to help in anyway I can.

Xfire----maxifymecaptain

Offline Maxbulldog_53

« Reply #4 on: Friday, March 30, 2012, 12:49:06 PM »
Ok so here's what I'm doing. I am currently working on creating a battle league site where teams can setup matches against other teams. Ill keep everyone updated here in case anyone wants to join up.

Xfire----maxifymecaptain

Jared

« Reply #5 on: Friday, March 30, 2012, 14:00:54 PM »
Ok so here's what I'm doing. I am currently working on creating a battle league site where teams can setup matches against other teams. Ill keep everyone updated here in case anyone wants to join up.

http://league.aao25.com/

people baffle me.

Offline Saltuarius

« Reply #6 on: Friday, March 30, 2012, 17:11:15 PM »
hehe, probably a good point to rethink the concept of ur league/ladder. i ask myself consistently why ur league is not attracting more teams/players...because i think there are enough around. i dont have a solution, im just stating the obvious.

Jared

« Reply #7 on: Friday, March 30, 2012, 17:53:17 PM »
There's not many teams. We started this as a test, to see how many people would join it. There hasn't been enough activity to further development, plus i did this all in 1 weekend.  Also thats why there is only a ladder, and no league, because not enough teams/activity.
« Last Edit: Friday, March 30, 2012, 17:56:42 PM by Jared »

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #8 on: Friday, March 30, 2012, 18:36:28 PM »
http://league.aao25.com/

people baffle me.

Yea, it's even in the main nav bar... If you're going to critique the site, at least browse around first.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Saltuarius

« Reply #9 on: Saturday, March 31, 2012, 04:42:43 AM »
i think its the same as with the assist programm. u first have to implement something great, afterwards the ppl will come.
on the other way around. me as a leader of a clan, i have probs to motivate or get my guys together for league/ladder play, if the platform is that loveless.
i think there are a lot of ppl out there, who would just come back to play clanwars and also the game, because thats whats so great about this tactical game. its one big aspect to get more ppl back to the game.

Jared

« Reply #10 on: Saturday, March 31, 2012, 11:29:42 AM »
have you used the system? Its so easy. Easier than TWL, or any other ladder i have played in.

Please let me know whats not easy to use and i can look into it.
« Last Edit: Saturday, March 31, 2012, 11:42:14 AM by Jared »

Offline Saltuarius

« Reply #11 on: Sunday, April 01, 2012, 07:38:32 AM »
i dont think its a matter of the system or the easyness to use it. maybe the whole thing is just to easy, in sense of simple and hidden. for example, for me as an person outside i only see a page with rules and one with the ranking. what i dont see is who played against who, which maps have been played, what was the score, maybe some comments about the game, score for the ranking system... etc. etc.
to make it short, i think its a matter or lack of information, communication, emotion and advertising. maybe also the concept of the ladder with the traget group u'd like to attract.

just some ideas to think about...i dont have any solutions, nor can i help u...

Offline Maxbulldog_53

« Reply #12 on: Thursday, April 05, 2012, 05:37:40 AM »
see its funny because you say there isnt that many teams/players willing to do it but my clan has at least 2-4 scrims a day against other clans. so there ARE teams out there its just your "league" (which is really just a category in a forum) doesnt attract players because its again just a category in a forum...

Xfire----maxifymecaptain

Offline Alex

« Reply #13 on: Thursday, April 05, 2012, 08:09:02 AM »
see its funny because you say there isnt that many teams/players willing to do it but my clan has at least 2-4 scrims a day against other clans. so there ARE teams out there its just your "league" (which is really just a category in a forum) doesnt attract players because its again just a category in a forum...
Against who? GOW and headhunters? That's all I can think of. There aren't many U.S. clans on 2.5 anymore. And maybe teams don't want to join a ladder, ever think of that?

Jared

« Reply #14 on: Thursday, April 05, 2012, 09:56:50 AM »

LOL you do know im .[Ak4].roGie right? Even at that Ak4 isn't even signed up.

The forums are really just there for support everything is done through the website.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager