Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: [WARNING] Assist Spy on YOU [UPDATE v8.15]  (Read 13933 times)

Offline MrEpicGoat

• View Profile
  • AA: epic!
Re: WARNING Assist Spy on YOU
« Reply #45 on: Saturday, October 18, 2014, 20:25:25 PM »
Kinda agree with others, if I have assist running, I minimize screen by going to check my bank or paypal in web and screenshot is taken its a bs. That's to much going into privacy, maybe there is another way around with this anti cheat? Even games like COD or battlefield or other game doesn't have this.

Of course you are 100% right. And then you have issues like:
- "where are SS stored?"
- "for how long?"
- "who can access it?"
- "how it is protected?"
etc.

Offline Alex

« Reply #46 on: Saturday, October 18, 2014, 20:25:43 PM »
Kinda agree with others, if I have assist running, I minimize screen by going to check my bank or paypal in web and screenshot is taken its a bs. That's to much going into privacy, maybe there is another way around with this anti cheat? Even games like COD or battlefield or other game doesn't have this.
That's actually a very good point. I'm not exactly defending this, just stating that the ToU clearly states that this occurs.
Of course you are 100% right. And then you have issues like:
- "where are SS stored?"
- "for how long?"
- "who can access it?"
- "how it is protected?"
etc.

I can't answer this as I don't deal with any of that stuff.

Offline Endy

« Reply #47 on: Saturday, October 18, 2014, 20:27:05 PM »

Same here, if they see how many figures you have on your bank account they know who to target easily.
It's really an issue and we can not wave our hand over it like it's nothing.

Offline MrEpicGoat

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Saturday, October 18, 2014, 20:29:27 PM »
That's actually a very good point. I'm not exactly defending this, just stating that the ToU clearly states that this occurs.

Again, good to see you are smart and reasonable Killa. Bad to see you are still try to cover it with TOS (repeat: TOS is not above law).

I can't answer this as I don't deal with any of that stuff.

And this is worrying by itself. Admin admitting he doesn't know what happens with such sensitive data? So who does? Probably single person: Eliz.

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

« Reply #49 on: Saturday, October 18, 2014, 20:31:20 PM »
Most of users here still raging after 203 has been disabled and this must be their hate and some kind of revenge. But in overall the anti cheat you are using is too much for this old damn game. I appreciate the work you are doing but it's too much, if now 50% of players finds out about it they will leave.

Offline MrEpicGoat

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Saturday, October 18, 2014, 20:32:35 PM »
if now 50% of players finds out about it they will leave.

All we need is to spread the word out to the community.

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #51 on: Saturday, October 18, 2014, 20:34:10 PM »
@Merlin

H?, let this be clear: i appreciate the work they do to keep AA alive.
I do not appreciate to be spied on and i believe they do not need to spy on us.

yes, but you did say ok to the TOS. like I did. so what is your problem?
play or stay out, so easy it is.
here you have the choice, at NSA you don't have. and btw we have also a "NSA". so be careful, big brother is watching you :D

and btw: this all is real cold coffee. welcome and good morning. lol

Offline MrEpicGoat

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Saturday, October 18, 2014, 20:36:26 PM »
yes, but you did say ok to the TOS. like I did. so what is your problem?
play or stay out, so easy it is.
here you have the choice, at NSA you don't have. and btw we have also a "NSA". so be careful, big brother is watching you :D

and btw: this all is real cold coffee. welcome and good morning. lol

I barely can understand your post, but i will try.

How can you compare administration of some old game to NSA? It is an obvious fact that governments spy on people. But it doesn't mean you can also do it.

Offline Endy

« Reply #53 on: Saturday, October 18, 2014, 20:37:10 PM »
Most of users here still raging after 203 has been disabled and this must be their hate and some kind of revenge. But in overall the anti cheat you are using is too much for this old damn game. I appreciate the work you are doing but it's too much, if now 50% of players finds out about it they will leave.

It's the same what happened when johnny the one that started Assist was in charge, he was spying on people their desktops, he backed of when people were taking steps to take him to court.

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

« Reply #54 on: Saturday, October 18, 2014, 20:38:21 PM »
Merlin if you have some issue with banking or other issue what are you going to say? You will say yeh I agreed with their rules and nothing will be done about the issue. No money back, nothing at all you be able to do and do you really trust internet users?

Offline Alex

« Reply #55 on: Saturday, October 18, 2014, 20:40:49 PM »
It's the same what happened when johnny the one that started Assist was in charge, he was spying on people their desktops, he backed of when people were taking steps to take him to court.
That was very different because people didn't know it was happening. Hell, I didn't even know it was happening. I didn't blame people for their concern then and I don't blame people for their concern now. However, it's clearly stated that this happens in our ToU now.

Offline KARI-30

« Reply #56 on: Saturday, October 18, 2014, 20:40:57 PM »
Trojan affair.

Offline MrEpicGoat

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Saturday, October 18, 2014, 20:41:11 PM »
Merlin if you have some issue with banking or other issue what are you going to say? You will say yeh I agreed with their rules and nothing will be done about the issue. No money back, nothing at all you be able to do and do you really trust internet users?

True.

Most players are following assist administration like sheep, not foreseeing the consequences that might be in future.

Offline MrEpicGoat

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Saturday, October 18, 2014, 20:42:42 PM »
However, it's clearly stated that this happens in our ToU now.

Killa, how many times do I have to explain simple fact? TOS is not above law. You can't ask people to agree on something that is not legal. And spying is not legal.

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

« Reply #59 on: Saturday, October 18, 2014, 20:43:54 PM »
Just a question, is this time when community will take down assist and their anti cheat? I don't want to threat anyone but it is more than a tos, tos is nothing compared to spying on others, there are people here that really could be punished but hopefully everything can come to peace.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager