ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Poll

What to do with this guy

Keep permanent ban
1626 (83.3%)
Unban, put on watch list
326 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Author Topic: Unban Request  (Read 18738 times)

Offline Alex

Re: Unban Request
« Reply #120 on: Monday, March 19, 2012, 18:10:55 PM »
I want it to go on record that I wholeheartedly disagree with the decision to unban this player, But the people have spoke in a free and fair Democratic election so my hands are tied.
Fair as far as we know. There's no way to actually tell who voted and for what. From the comments in the thread it seemed overwhelmingly opposed to the unban.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #121 on: Monday, March 19, 2012, 18:21:48 PM »
I want it to go on record that I wholeheartedly disagree with the decision to unban this player, But the people have spoke in a free and fair Democratic election so my hands are tied.

Truth be told, that's why I made the post:
http://aao25.com/general-chat/unban-request/msg17639/#msg17639
You didn't reply to the thread so I figured you were fine with it. It's your decision really. It's not a majority unban vote, it's mostly tied 50/50.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: Monday, March 19, 2012, 18:32:00 PM »
Fair as far as we know. There's no way to actually tell who voted and for what. From the comments in the thread it seemed overwhelmingly opposed to the unban.

Yes, because only a few of the ones who voted for the unban have also posted about. Sometimes it's hard to get  lazy people to use democratic ways to explain their point of view, they prefer to whine under a dictatorship.

Offline Archeh

• .[Ak4]. Member
  • Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
  • AA: Not Cwunk
« Reply #123 on: Monday, March 19, 2012, 19:57:29 PM »
I dunno anything about forums but on Ak4ums it takes about 4 seconds to check who voted in a poll
Hi I'm Archeh I like too have fun online playing shoot-'em-up video games

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #124 on: Monday, March 19, 2012, 20:33:54 PM »
AK4 uses old ass PHPBB though.

Offline Archeh

• .[Ak4]. Member
  • Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
  • AA: Not Cwunk
« Reply #125 on: Monday, March 19, 2012, 20:35:56 PM »
I know, it's old as fuck! I wanna update it buuuut I like the way they look a lot.

And I'd definitely fuck them up by trying to adjust ANYTHING.
Hi I'm Archeh I like too have fun online playing shoot-'em-up video games

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: Monday, March 19, 2012, 20:37:50 PM »
"debug gpf" in the console.

Offline soupcakes

• no soup for 4 U!
    • View Profile
  • AA: soul
« Reply #127 on: Tuesday, March 20, 2012, 05:00:41 AM »
How is admitting to using them "a joke" of a story?  I'd love to know.
well the main joke is admitting using a hack and expecting to get unbanned
This guy straight up lied to us and got unbanned. It's bullshit. This system obviously doesn't work. Maybe if he gave even a half plausible story you could give him the benefit of the doubt, but his story is one of the worst ones I have ever heard.
I cant PROVE that he didnt download a hacked aao...i'll admit it sounds sketchy, but if i was that guy that downloaded aao with a hack already in it, and got perma banned, well that would suck... the thing is, you cant prove his story is bullshit, only assume.

Not sure why I even bother checking the Hacking Alerts if they can just come here, deny it by saying their AA download came with hacks, and get unbanned. Seems like we'd save a lot of time by simply not banning people.
thats the spirit ::)

and also i want to add how your about UNBANNING 3 ppl that admitted to using cheats, over 1 guy that upheld his story of not using them and downloading a hacked version of aao.... apparently somethings changed since ya wrote this ;)

I don't support unbanning anyone caught with hacks.
You gotta have a nuclear soul
To melt down all your sorrowful load
And you gotta have a mercury soul
To weigh down any glimmer of gold

Offline Alex

« Reply #128 on: Tuesday, March 20, 2012, 08:07:33 AM »
well the main joke is admitting using a hack and expecting to get unbannedI cant PROVE that he didnt download a hacked aao...i'll admit it sounds sketchy, but if i was that guy that downloaded aao with a hack already in it, and got perma banned, well that would suck... the thing is, you cant prove his story is bullshit, only assume.
thats the spirit ::)

and also i want to add how your about UNBANNING 3 ppl that admitted to using cheats, over 1 guy that upheld his story of not using them and downloading a hacked version of aao.... apparently somethings changed since ya wrote this ;)

Yeah, he upheld his BS story. "I downloaded AA 2.,5 with hacks already in it and it magically disappeared when I was asked to find the torrent" At least the others were sincere about it. This guy just lied his way out of a ban.

Offline Gekkou

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: Tuesday, March 20, 2012, 09:12:24 AM »
Facts:

1) ToMb SeNTiNeL downloaded cheats and placed them in AA folder which were detected by Assist.
2) We can't know wether he actually used the cheats ingame or not. He might just have placed them in the folder but never ran them.
3) Upon now we've had a zero tolerance policy with the other members that were caught cheating.

He never admited point to 1). On the contrary, he made up a poor excuse! Said he downloaded a faulty Assist installation? OK. Where is the link then? Disappeared? How convenient.
On the other hand, following 2), we can't really tell he cheated or not, and I'm not certain but I believe "we" don't ban for just downloading hacks or do we?
If you ask me, taking in consideration both 2) and 3), I believe that'd be enough reason for at least an year ban.
I'm not sure what decision was reached but if you unbanned him be conscious that you excused someone who most likely just blatantly lied to all of us.

PS: By the way, I haven't voted and can't vote now.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, March 20, 2012, 09:19:16 AM by Gekkou »

Offline Alex

« Reply #130 on: Tuesday, March 20, 2012, 10:38:35 AM »
We can't know wether he actually used the cheats ingame or not. He might just have placed them in the folder but never
The problem is that it kicks you for just having the cheats in your folder. You won't even get a chance to use them even if you wanted to.

Offline Choogelaar

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: Wednesday, March 21, 2012, 09:25:03 AM »
im still smashed that this guy is unbanned .............and  put on a watchlist ?........  he did not provide  any proof of the file that he says he downloaded ?? see how he wrote the things  first he says it was coming from here .... then suddenly the file is not there anymore ?? hmm   ..... i understand the fact that cheaters from back in the day get a 2nd change  to start over clean in 2.5   but what i dont understand is WHY UNBAN someone that is CAUGHT in the new version ...??     and like the other 3 that admitted to placed the file  they are atleast honest about the situation  and know that they fucked it up thereselfs   

Offline Gekkou

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: Wednesday, March 21, 2012, 09:58:43 AM »
Well, did he play any session prior to the ban? If he did, then it proves the file was placed after the installation, meaning he lied, can anyone confirm this for me?

Offline Ganja

« Reply #133 on: Wednesday, March 21, 2012, 11:05:24 AM »
I think it was said earlyer that it aws his first gameplay since few months or years or whatever

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #134 on: Wednesday, March 21, 2012, 13:52:34 PM »
Well, did he play any session prior to the ban? If he did, then it proves the file was placed after the installation, meaning he lied, can anyone confirm this for me?

No, he didn't have any sessions prior to the ban which holds his story.

To whoever locked this thread, keep threads open, this isn't ACI. It's a free and open forum where people can discuss what they want.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager