Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Total Let Down  (Read 5963 times)

Offline Mozam

• View Profile
  • AA: Mozam
Total Let Down
« on: Saturday, December 29, 2012, 23:10:59 PM »
So I first started playing in '03, stopped in '06, just came back today and wow I was so excited, until I started playing.  Might as well be call of duty or something.  All the servers are using the modded weapons and wild rules, the skill is gone.
Why are there no more Mountain Pass, Bridge, Pipeline with the ol' fashioned ironsights/203's/SAWs.  I did like the SE versions of these too but today I only found one classic server.  are you still forced to suffer through the training these days where you had to go min. 36/40 on the range with a basic m16 to prove your worth???

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Re: Total Let Down
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, December 29, 2012, 23:27:54 PM »
Training is gone, that might be why there's more people that like modded servers. I think the classic days are gone. Look back at different times of the day, there are some good people that play still. If nothing else, start a server and play how you want, others will join.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Mozam

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, December 29, 2012, 23:35:29 PM »
Not sure my connection is stable enough for that, but I'll give it a shot tonight/tomorrow.  Typically my internet takes a brief 1 min pause every 2 hours which would get annoying for the players I'm sure.  But I sure do miss rushing center peak on mountain pass after dodging 203/saw spam.  call me crazy!

Offline @xe

« Reply #3 on: Sunday, December 30, 2012, 00:14:54 AM »
Do like most others do, use a game server provider there are a few that support this game.

Offline Mozam

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, December 30, 2012, 00:53:27 AM »
I see one I like, I'll sit in there a while see if anyone joins me in bringing back the good ol' days. It's [SWISS]PowerServer5 - (normal, open slots, honor, tracked)    mountain pass, time limit is a little too short, but its best available...let's play

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, December 30, 2012, 01:09:07 AM »
I see one I like, I'll sit in there a while see if anyone joins me in bringing back the good ol' days. It's [SWISS]PowerServer5 - (normal, open slots, honor, tracked)    mountain pass, time limit is a little too short, but its best available...let's play

That's the right attitude :)
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, December 30, 2012, 02:44:27 AM »
I know at least 1 guy who would love to play MP with you ([SWISS]Merlin, hence the [SWISS] server on MP, too :) ), but I'm afraid he's from Switzerland and therefore your playing times will not match too often (plus the server is Swiss as well so your ping will be... not as good as his).
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline B@lestra^

« Reply #7 on: Sunday, December 30, 2012, 04:46:44 AM »
I totally agree with you, Mozam. See this thread on that topic as well: http://aao25.com/ban-appeals/ban-for-servermod-using/msg38110/?topicseen#new
But please don't leave the game so fast again.Give it a chance. It oftentimes depend on the day or the amount of players online which servers are crowded an which are not.

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, December 30, 2012, 04:52:14 AM »
So I first started playing in '03, stopped in '06, just came back today and wow I was so excited, until I started playing.  Might as well be call of duty or something.  All the servers are using the modded weapons and wild rules, the skill is gone.
Why are there no more Mountain Pass, Bridge, Pipeline with the ol' fashioned ironsights/203's/SAWs.  I did like the SE versions of these too but today I only found one classic server.  are you still forced to suffer through the training these days where you had to go min. 36/40 on the range with a basic m16 to prove your worth???

Almost ten years has passed since you started mate :) . Wouldn't even be fair for it to be the same, but i get what you mean, it's harder to find classic missions. Trainings aren't needed anymore but I think they were useful to some point though (i'd rather see new players starting with them before anything else).

Offline [-PB-]Punisher

« Reply #9 on: Sunday, December 30, 2012, 05:58:38 AM »
M8, game got almost killed and now old players are one at a time findin their way back to this one, just be patient ;)
Banned? Your brother, friend, dog using your account excuse won't work!![/color]

http://www.game42.com/images/game42_sigu.jpg[/img][/url]

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #10 on: Sunday, December 30, 2012, 08:01:47 AM »

you can have almost everything - first, welcome back to the game!
time set fo 6 minutes now :)
enjoy, maybe i will watch out for you and join mountain pass - over 1000 hrs of playtime there. i love that one too ;D

Offline Mozam

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, December 30, 2012, 10:15:12 AM »
Fantastic.  I was in there for a bit this morning but the servers keep going down.  Once it comes back online let's all play some mountain pass!!!!

Offline Nitroxscf

« Reply #12 on: Sunday, December 30, 2012, 11:04:00 AM »
If theres enough interest in an classic server I would like to switch my server back to normal, but for now theres to many players who like shotgun only..

Offline noobslayer

« Reply #13 on: Sunday, December 30, 2012, 11:07:42 AM »
If theres enough interest in an classic server I would like to switch my server back to normal, but for now theres to many players who like shotgun only..

I honestly never see any people in shotgun only servers, also who likes shotguns? cmon thats the shittiest weapon of this game.. Most of us prefer normal weapons

Everybody, one day will die, and be forgetten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun, fuck a mundane predictable life working monday to friday with something you derive no pleasure from; just living life out till you grow old and wither away. Find a passion, form relationships, dont be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks, trust me its alot more fun that way.

Dont ever pay people out or put people down. Instead just put yourself up and let the haters do their thing. Id rather be a person thats hated on, than a person that does the hating. A wise man one said...

Offline Ganja

« Reply #14 on: Sunday, December 30, 2012, 11:09:28 AM »
I honestly never see any people in shotgun only servers, also who likes shotguns? cmon thats the shittiest weapon of this game.. Most of us prefer normal weapons

It's with shotgun that I had the most epic nights on AA .... With shotgun all the competition goes away and you just play for fun. People that join shotgun servers aren't the same as oldscoolers on the normal servers, who have their ini tweaked to the max

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager