Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Things to be included in update  (Read 8129 times)

Offline Alex

Re: Things to be included in update
« Reply #30 on: Saturday, November 03, 2012, 21:42:27 PM »
isn't Max banned from the forums? in case we gonna use his map
It's already set to go in the maap dropbox. I think the only thing that needs doing is the admin panel images for his map as well as for city block and rooftop.

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #31 on: Saturday, November 03, 2012, 21:52:44 PM »
I'm not good at making server mods lol, but, I can get Open Weapon Slots to work, any interest?
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline Bart!

« Reply #32 on: Sunday, November 04, 2012, 05:25:28 AM »

Offline Alex

« Reply #33 on: Sunday, November 04, 2012, 12:55:22 PM »
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/62876385/ConvertedMaps/fy_pool_day_5v5.aao <- for ontopic purposes
wow that's a small map. Anyways, do we even have permission to use it? I don't like using people's stuff without permission.

Offline MothaGoosE

« Reply #34 on: Sunday, November 04, 2012, 13:07:06 PM »
Realistically, how much time before you start this? Because Contingency isn't quite finished, but it's almost there. Also, I don't have access to the dropbox anymore, since I thought this was never going to happen, so I'll just leave a link to my map when it's ready for you guys. Spanky, are you or Killa going to stick around on the forums for a while? I may have a couple of questions about the last couple of things I've gotta do.

Offline Alex

« Reply #35 on: Sunday, November 04, 2012, 13:12:14 PM »
Realistically, how much time before you start this? Because Contingency isn't quite finished, but it's almost there. Also, I don't have access to the dropbox anymore, since I thought this was never going to happen, so I'll just leave a link to my map when it's ready for you guys. Spanky, are you or Killa going to stick around on the forums for a while? I may have a couple of questions about the last couple of things I've gotta do.
I'll be here. You could also just ask spanky to add you to the drop box again. You have to do briefings for your map too. We also need level shots for all the new maps but I don't really know how to do that. I'll see if I can bug spanky and have him show me how to do it.

Offline BiG_SerGiO

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • "I got soul but i'm not a soldier..."
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese Warriors
  • AA: [PTwars]b!6
« Reply #36 on: Sunday, November 04, 2012, 13:28:00 PM »
If isn't ready in time, then gets on the next update, honestly i rather have a quick update than having to wait more because of one map, not saying it isn't worth, just saying there is time on another update, so take your time ;)
"Three things can not hide for long: the Moon, the Sun and the Truth"?
Hmm?

https://vortexservers.com/clients/aff.php?aff=406

Offline Alex

« Reply #37 on: Sunday, November 04, 2012, 13:29:46 PM »
If isn't ready in time, then gets on the next update, honestly i rather have a quick update than having to wait more because of one map, not saying it isn't worth, just saying there is time on another update, so take your time ;)
I might be able to finish petrol as well though, depending on when he wants to push out this update.

Offline Bart!

« Reply #38 on: Sunday, November 04, 2012, 13:30:37 PM »
wow that's a small map. Anyways, do we even have permission to use it? I don't like using people's stuff without permission.
yes, ELiZ posted it in the other topic.

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #39 on: Sunday, November 04, 2012, 13:36:24 PM »
yes, ELiZ posted it in the other topic.
fy_poolday is a CS 1.6 map, as maapers have did de_aztec, I dont see much prob. using it, even if the port was made by someone else  :D
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #40 on: Sunday, November 04, 2012, 14:06:42 PM »
I'll be here. You could also just ask spanky to add you to the drop box again. You have to do briefings for your map too. We also need level shots for all the new maps but I don't really know how to do that. I'll see if I can bug spanky and have him show me how to do it.

I'll hang around to help get this update get published. Me, Killa, Koden, Blue and probably a couple of others have a fair bit of time invested in the critical updates that were done months ago.

I'm not on the Dropbox group anymore. I do have all the files but I left the group.

Doing levelshots properly is somewhat tedious:
Set all your ingame settings to high
Force Anti-Aliasing in your graphics card drivers
Go into your AA system folder and rename the "pb" folder to something else (temporarily)
Load up your map
Bind "shot" to a key (for high quality uncompressed BMP images)
"setres 1280x720" in the console
Take a few screenshots using the "shot" function
Pick a screenshot and pop it into Photoshop or some other image editing tool
Squish the image (not crop, uncheck "constrain proportions" in PS) to 1024x1024
Export the image as TGA with 24 bits/pixel
Bring up UnrealEd, load whatever texture package holds the levelshots (I honestly don't remember if it's mAAp or T-Maps or...)
Import the image with the same naming style as the others.
Edit the tours.ini to point to that image.

Skrewy reminded me that I forgot to mention why you squish the 1280x720 image to 1024x1024. There's a few reasons. One, the images on the media page of this site are all 720p. Two, I've found that the majority of people will have a widescreen resolution so when you put a square image in the GUI that's stretched to a widescreen image, that square image then gets stretched too. So, you're taking a widescreen image, squishing it square (which is also the only format UnrealEd imports) and then when it's loaded, it gets stretched back out to a widescreen image. You do lose some quality but I've done quite a bit of menu work and this is the best method I've come up with.
« Last Edit: Sunday, November 04, 2012, 18:58:02 PM by Spanky »
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager