Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Terms of service...questions and a few things that are worrysom.  (Read 14276 times)

Offline Dav3

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
  • AA: Dav3
Terms of service...questions and a few things that are worrysom.
« on: Thursday, October 10, 2013, 17:42:19 PM »
   (iv) takes "screenshots" of the Licensee's computer screen at any given time while Assist is running
                       without notice to the Licensee.

Ever have assist running while not having AA open? or minimize? stay in server?

Its "randomly" taking SS of my pc while im out of game? thats bs. you have no right to be looking at anything on my screen other than strictly game involved.

Then there is all this :

The Licensee is considered violating the Terms of Service if you, the Licensee:
   (i) Harass, threaten, embarrass, or do anything else to another player that is unwanted, such as repeatedly
        sending unwanted messages or making personal attacks or statements about race, sexual orientation,
                     religion, heritage, etc.
   (ii) Transmit or facilitate distribution of content that is harmful, abusive, racially or ethnically offensive,
                       vulgar, sexually explicit, defamatory, infringing, invasive of personal privacy or publicity rights, or in
                       a reasonable person's view, objectionable. Hate speech is not tolerated.
   (iii) Disrupt the flow of chat in AA with vulgar language, abusiveness, use of excessive shouting [all caps] in
                       an attempt to disturb other users, "spamming" or flooding [posting repetitive text].
   (iv) Impersonate another person (including celebrities); indicate falsely that you are a Dev, or attempt to
                       mislead users by indicating that you represent Assist or it's Devs.
   (v) Attempt to get a password, account information, or other private information from anyone else on Assist
                      or AA.
   (vi) Promote or encourage any illegal activity including hacking, cracking or distribution of counterfeit software.
   (vii) Upload files that contain a virus or corrupted data.
   (viii) Use or distribute "auto" software programs, "macro" software programs or other "cheat utility"
                        software program or applications.
   (ix) Modify any part of the Assist service.
   (x) Post and/or distribute any player's real-world personal information inside Assist or AA.
   (xi) Attempt to interfere with, hack into or decipher any transmissions to or from the Assist or AA servers.
   (xii) Use and/or distribute exploits to gain an unfair advantage in a game.
   (xiii) Interfere with the ability of others to enjoy playing AA.

ALL of that should be per server administration really. Someone "embarrass" someone and u have the "right" to ban?

Seems you guys are still crossing some lines and leaving loops so you can essentially ban anyone for any reason you want.

Since people generally dont get banned for no reason that isnt my main concern as the 1st one I mentioned of the SS being taken of peoples comps. Only condition needed is assist running / open.

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Terms of service...questions and a few things that are worrysom.
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, October 10, 2013, 18:02:05 PM »
Lets make this plain and simple if you don't have shit on you're computer then no player shouldn't care how there catching these noobs

I don't totally agree what it has become of, but if its a way to catch these kiddie noobs, I'm. All for it 10000000%
word of advice no one forced you to accept the terms, don't agree uninstall and have a nice day,

What have you done other then complain about there hard work keeping this game alive
seems like you always have something to complain about, get a grip dude go get laid or something

Until you help out here stop all you're whining and complaining it's getting old and tiring

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, October 10, 2013, 18:09:47 PM »
Don't like it? Feel free to uninstall. I made the TOS after that whole shitstorm to tell people what we do and what isn't allowed. I think it's pretty fair.

If you don't want Assist taking screenshots of your desktop, close it. You're not stupid enough to leave notepad open with credit card numbers and such are you? I've never come across anyone that even keeps that information saved on their computer, let alone visible on the desktop. Even if you did, we're not going to do anything with it. As said in the TOS, none of the information is shared outside us, none of it is made public. If we wanted to steal your information/identity, harvest e-mail addresses and passwords for malicious uses, we would have done it years ago.

We should also be able to ban those that abuse the system. Simple.

Until you help out here stop all you're whining and complaining it's getting old and tiring
Quoted for truth.
« Last Edit: Thursday, October 10, 2013, 18:13:15 PM by Spanky »
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline DwightSchrute

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, October 10, 2013, 18:45:36 PM »
   (iv) takes "screenshots" of the Licensee's computer screen at any given time while Assist is running
                       without notice to the Licensee.

Ever have assist running while not having AA open? or minimize? stay in server?

Its "randomly" taking SS of my pc while im out of game? thats bs. you have no right to be looking at anything on my screen other than strictly game involved.

Then there is all this :

The Licensee is considered violating the Terms of Service if you, the Licensee:
   (i) Harass, threaten, embarrass, or do anything else to another player that is unwanted, such as repeatedly
        sending unwanted messages or making personal attacks or statements about race, sexual orientation,
                     religion, heritage, etc.
   (ii) Transmit or facilitate distribution of content that is harmful, abusive, racially or ethnically offensive,
                       vulgar, sexually explicit, defamatory, infringing, invasive of personal privacy or publicity rights, or in
                       a reasonable person's view, objectionable. Hate speech is not tolerated.
   (iii) Disrupt the flow of chat in AA with vulgar language, abusiveness, use of excessive shouting [all caps] in
                       an attempt to disturb other users, "spamming" or flooding [posting repetitive text].
   (iv) Impersonate another person (including celebrities); indicate falsely that you are a Dev, or attempt to
                       mislead users by indicating that you represent Assist or it's Devs.
   (v) Attempt to get a password, account information, or other private information from anyone else on Assist
                      or AA.
   (vi) Promote or encourage any illegal activity including hacking, cracking or distribution of counterfeit software.
   (vii) Upload files that contain a virus or corrupted data.
   (viii) Use or distribute "auto" software programs, "macro" software programs or other "cheat utility"
                        software program or applications.
   (ix) Modify any part of the Assist service.
   (x) Post and/or distribute any player's real-world personal information inside Assist or AA.
   (xi) Attempt to interfere with, hack into or decipher any transmissions to or from the Assist or AA servers.
   (xii) Use and/or distribute exploits to gain an unfair advantage in a game.
   (xiii) Interfere with the ability of others to enjoy playing AA.

ALL of that should be per server administration really. Someone "embarrass" someone and u have the "right" to ban?

Seems you guys are still crossing some lines and leaving loops so you can essentially ban anyone for any reason you want.

Since people generally dont get banned for no reason that isnt my main concern as the 1st one I mentioned of the SS being taken of peoples comps. Only condition needed is assist running / open.

Your opinion is unwanted, which can warrant you a ban. See you bruv. :arab:

>> sum clevr sig 2meak mi look liek a maste pro 420 bLaZE 1T f4g0T duud iBenCHh 200lbs np d1d u 3vN chEk mY aBs??! alpHA 4s fvcKKk!

Offline Dav3

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, October 10, 2013, 19:00:40 PM »
Typical valueless fanboy replies b1tching about people pointing out flaws and bringing up concerns. Yall need to get a grip. Your completely missing the point of my post and replying with nothing but condescending bullsh1t as per the norm.

My point is - SS should be taken of INGAME. Not all the time of all the pc because Assist it open.

Does PB do this? Does ANY OTHER game take ss of your computer and NOT the game? I highly doubt it.

My point is - SS should be taken of INGAME. Not all the time of all the pc because Assist it open.
« Last Edit: Thursday, October 10, 2013, 19:03:06 PM by Dav3 »

Offline Ganja

« Reply #5 on: Thursday, October 10, 2013, 19:14:10 PM »

That would be no improvement. They try to catch hackers by watching programs running, desktops maybe, other shit that you won't see ingame

Offline Dav3

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, October 10, 2013, 19:15:12 PM »
That would be no improvement. They try to catch hackers by watching programs running, desktops maybe, other shit that you won't see ingame

Slow in the head?

Why should SS be taken of my comp if amyops.exe isnt running?

It should be a simple fix to define when SS are taken.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #7 on: Thursday, October 10, 2013, 19:16:56 PM »
Why should SS be taken of my comp if amyops.exe isnt running?.

Slow in your head? army ops is running when you play. When you don't play, close assist or log out. What's the problem?

Offline bollie

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, October 10, 2013, 19:24:19 PM »
So spanky what do you thing about my desktop pic? Thats a amazing trick huh :-D
« Last Edit: Thursday, October 10, 2013, 19:26:50 PM by bollie »

Offline Dav3

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, October 10, 2013, 19:25:45 PM »
Slow in your head? army ops is running when you play. When you don't play, close assist or log out. What's the problem?

Did you read ANYTHING? Trolling? Or really have some sort of serious cognitive disability

ARMYOPS aka the fking GAME DOES NOT need to be open. Only assist.

My guess is a lot of ppl including me had the habbit of leaving assist open, just by habbit. If you take a break, leave the server, any reason. Any time ASSIST and assist alone is open it takes ss, the game does not need to be running, let alone on top.

Offline bollie

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, October 10, 2013, 19:27:53 PM »
Did you read ANYTHING? Trolling? Or really have some sort of serious cognitive disability

My guess is a lot of ppl including me had the habbit of leaving assist open, just by habbit. If you take a break, leave the server, any reason. Any time ASSIST and assist alone is open it takes ss, the game does not need to be running, let alone on top.

So close assist. Problem solved?

Offline Dav3

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, October 10, 2013, 19:32:57 PM »
So close assist. Problem solved?

No sh1t genius. Why you mindless trolls even reply blows my mind.

My point stands in how it functions as is. Not to mention most people dont read the TOS, and had I not I wouldnt even know SS are being taken of my comp when im not even playing. - and willing to bet the majority of people wouldnt like this.

Offline Dav3

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, October 10, 2013, 19:38:39 PM »
AND it not only leaves the possibility of internally getting information that is personal or unneeded....BUT

WHERE are these SS being saved? what if it gets compromised / hacked. And so on and so fourth. You should not be collecting data you dont need, you should even look at it as a liability for the assist team once again.

Imagine this - ss taken of someones something, banking info, ANY personal info, personal images, HECK anything the possibilities are endless.

They get hacked. Enjoy.

Assist should only take SS while game is open and MAXIMIZED ideally. But at least limit it to when the game is running, or have assist automatically shut down once the game is closed.

Offline DwightSchrute

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, October 10, 2013, 19:41:50 PM »

No sh1t genius. Why you mindless trolls even reply blows my mind.

My point stands in how it functions as is. Not to mention most people dont read the TOS, and had I not I wouldnt even know SS are being taken of my comp when im not even playing. - and willing to bet the majority of people wouldnt like this.

Arguing with retards is like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good you are at chess the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious.

>> sum clevr sig 2meak mi look liek a maste pro 420 bLaZE 1T f4g0T duud iBenCHh 200lbs np d1d u 3vN chEk mY aBs??! alpHA 4s fvcKKk!

Offline Ganja

« Reply #14 on: Thursday, October 10, 2013, 19:43:59 PM »

You're funny man. Clearly you're the one not understanding this ...
What's wrong with my statement? Maybe you need a scheme or something.

Assist open:

1) You play
2) You don't play

If 1 ==> No problem
If 2 ==>  Close assist or log out if you don't want pictures taken

I'd be willing to bet you have more than one disability.

Tell me when you understand this

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager