Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Terms of service...questions and a few things that are worrysom.  (Read 14210 times)

Offline Dav3

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
  • AA: Dav3
Re: Terms of service...questions and a few things that are worrysom.
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, October 10, 2013, 19:49:33 PM »
Arguing with retards is like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good you are at chess the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious.

Well said.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, October 10, 2013, 19:50:58 PM »
WHERE are these SS being saved? what if it gets compromised / hacked. And so on and so fourth. You should not be collecting data you dont need, you should even look at it as a liability for the assist team once again.
They aren't stored anywhere. If Auth gets hacked, the hackers will have huge logs, that's about it.

Imagine this - ss taken of someones something, banking info, ANY personal info, personal images, HECK anything the possibilities are endless.

They get hacked. Enjoy.
Most important details are not shown to users, even if you own that information. What I mean is, if I give you my online banking details, what can you do? Transfer money from checking to savings? Ohhh, scary. I can't imagine anyone having a text document open with their usernames & passwords. Aside from that, how could we use any info that's on your screen?

Assist should only take SS while game is open and MAXIMIZED ideally. But at least limit it to when the game is running, or have assist automatically shut down once the game is closed.
Let me show you where this ideal world falls apart:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/464376/aac_maap/blackwolf.jpg

That's an Assist-taken screenshot of the now banned user =IGC=B!@c[k]-Wolf^. Any questions?
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Dav3

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, October 10, 2013, 19:51:01 PM »
You're funny man. Clearly you're the one not understanding this ...
What's wrong with my statement? Maybe you need a scheme or something.

Assist open:

1) You play
2) You don't play

If 1 ==> No problem
If 2 ==>  Close assist or log out if you don't want pictures taken

I'd be willing to bet you have more than one disability.

Tell me when you understand this

I give up, you clearly have some sort of serious lack of comprehension ability or skill.

Offline bollie

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, October 10, 2013, 19:52:50 PM »

No sh1t genius. Why you mindless trolls even reply blows my mind.

My point stands in how it functions as is. Not to mention most people dont read the TOS, and had I not I wouldnt even know SS are being taken of my comp when im not even playing. - and willing to bet the majority of people wouldnt like this.

You really need to take a chillpill, and lower ur blood pressure. 
Im again laughing about you bitching and moaning.... carry on moaner!

If you dont like it: uninstall.
Bye byeeeee

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, October 10, 2013, 19:53:09 PM »
dav it's simple if you don't like it uninstall, no more needs to be said about this, u read the terms when u agreed to it when installing so just drop it

if your that paranoid about ss close the dam game completly, promblem solved

it's not going to change cause you want it too, i'm sure alot of players even myself are not happy the way this has become,  but fuck if this helps them in anyway i'm all for it, what's the big deal

spanky made good points in his post

Offline Dav3

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, October 10, 2013, 19:57:23 PM »
They aren't stored anywhere. If Auth gets hacked, the hackers will have huge logs, that's about it.
Most important details are not shown to users, even if you own that information. What I mean is, if I give you my online banking details, what can you do? Transfer money from checking to savings? Ohhh, scary. I can't imagine anyone having a text document open with their usernames & passwords. Aside from that, how could we use any info that's on your screen?

That's an Assist-taken screenshot of the now banned user =IGC=B!@c[k]-Wolf^. Any questions?

Are you for real dude. Yes please, do give me ur banking or CC info. I sure will move from savings to checking. NOT.

Email money transfer. All major banking institutions have it. - would take minutes to transfer funds from an account to my own or any other.
You can also use e-interact.
Or just CC in general to make purchases.

Not to mention all the other possibilities aside from financial.

Please tell me you are kidding? That SS you posted is a perfect example why this is wrong.

Sure your example is good in how it caught a hacker but that is likely slim.

My bet is there are thousands of screen caps of people on facebook, personal pics, personal info and so on.

AND what do u mean they are not stored ANYWHERE? Why are they even taken then, how did u get that one? That doesnt make sense in the slightest.

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, October 10, 2013, 19:57:48 PM »

yes i do, i;m sure he wasn't just ban on this only right??
cause i'm sure alot of people view cheat sites everyday to see whats going on out there, i know i do, but i wouldn't be so stuipid to buy a kiddie cheat specially from a noob name lowhertz lol

Offline Dav3

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, October 10, 2013, 19:58:49 PM »
Wick and bollie your both on the same brain power as that ganja kid.

COMPLETELY MISSING THE POINT AND ISSUE AT HAND

Offline bollie

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, October 10, 2013, 20:01:57 PM »
cause i'm sure alot of people view cheat sites everyday to see whats going on out there, i know i do, but i wouldn't be so stuipid to buy a kiddie cheat specially from a noob name lowhertz lol

Than haha J its time for ur ban ;-)

Offline DwightSchrute

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, October 10, 2013, 20:03:05 PM »

>> sum clevr sig 2meak mi look liek a maste pro 420 bLaZE 1T f4g0T duud iBenCHh 200lbs np d1d u 3vN chEk mY aBs??! alpHA 4s fvcKKk!

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, October 10, 2013, 20:04:59 PM »
Are you for real dude. Yes please, do give me ur banking or CC info.
Banking login info does nothing like I said. They don't display full account numbers nor do they allow you to transfer money outside of your bank. My point is, who is stupid enough to have a text document with their credit card info in it, let alone to have it OPEN.

That SS you posted is a perfect example why this is wrong.

Sure your example is good in how it caught a hacker but that is likely slim. My bet is there are thousands of screen caps of people on facebook, personal pics, personal info and so on.
Yea, I've seen screen caps of Facebook. So what? If you don't want a certain picture public, don't upload it to Facebook. Assist would be the least of your issues at that point. The screenshot I posted is an example of why this works and why it's a good thing. I have never seen a screenshot with true personal info on it, Facebook pictures don't count.

AND what do u mean they are not stored ANYWHERE? Why are they even taken then, how did u get that one? That doesnt make sense in the slightest.
They aren't stored anywhere permanently. We have a handfull on Dropbox that show a record of proof for bans, that's about it.

This was one of a few screenshots. See the little uB down at the bottom? That's the UnrealBot. Picture shows him running the UnrealBot and viewing a page on how to use it. That's proof enough for me.
« Last Edit: Thursday, October 10, 2013, 20:06:36 PM by Spanky »
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline zoxee

« Reply #26 on: Thursday, October 10, 2013, 20:05:39 PM »
damn, i'm running out of Popcorn..
First time hot knifing hash oil, sent me to the moon, zombified. Not a whole lot of fun.

Offline Dav3

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, October 10, 2013, 20:10:07 PM »

Banking login info does nothing like I said. They don't display full account numbers nor do they allow you to transfer money outside of your bank. My point is, who is stupid enough to have a text document with their credit card info in it, let alone to have it OPEN.
My bet is there are thousands of screen caps of people on facebook, personal pics, personal info and so on.
Yea, I've seen screen caps of Facebook. So what? If you don't want a certain picture public, don't upload it to Facebook. Assist would be the least of your issues at that point. The screenshot I posted is an example of why this works and why it's a good thing.
They aren't stored anywhere permanently. We have a handfull on Dropbox that show a record of proof for bans, that's about it.

This was one of a few screenshots. See the little uB down at the bottom? That's the UnrealBot. Picture shows him running the UnrealBot and viewing a page on how to use it. That's proof enough for me.

You seriously lack logic or just trying to minimize a major issue.

Do I save that type of stuff in note pad, no, and that is completely irrelevant.

SOMEONE might.

Here is an example since you simple minded trolls cant seem to think of a single one out of endless possibilities.

12 year old playing aa.

Closes game, leaves assist open.

O wait, its not his comp. his mom has her banking info on a note pad.

Done and done. Their are literally endless other possibilities that could leave things open.

Conversions on face book, again so on and so forth.

Once again, absolutely blown away I have to spell this out for you people. Feels like im walking a toddler through calculus

And spanky, YOU guys are the admins and these didnt even cross your minds? Scary.
« Last Edit: Thursday, October 10, 2013, 20:16:58 PM by Dav3 »

Offline bollie

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, October 10, 2013, 20:15:35 PM »
Haha dave ur paranoid  :D

And zoxee I made a fresh batch of popcorn! Im having fun in here  :cool:

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #29 on: Thursday, October 10, 2013, 20:16:49 PM »
Typical valueless fanboy replies b1tching about people pointing out flaws and bringing up concerns. Yall need to get a grip. Your completely missing the point of my post and replying with nothing but condescending bullsh1t as per the norm.

My point is - SS should be taken of INGAME. Not all the time of all the pc because Assist it open.

Does PB do this? Does ANY OTHER game take ss of your computer and NOT the game? I highly doubt it.

My point is - SS should be taken of INGAME. Not all the time of all the pc because Assist it open.

If you have looked at as many PB SS that I've have, you'll known that it was quite common that Images was also taken outside of the game, showing off the desktop or whatever they were looking at..

So in that regard the PB version of SS is not different than ours,

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager