Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Suggestions for a better and wider partecipation of the players base  (Read 4537 times)

Offline Saltuarius

Suggestions for a better and wider partecipation of the players base
« on: Sunday, October 27, 2013, 14:19:52 PM »

appart from dave's attitude, i can clearly understand and support his points.

personally i dont like the way decisions are made.
as u can look up in the stats, there 1000 ppl a day who are using assist. decisions are base on polls of 20ppl over the timeframe of maybe a week. thats so poor.
to get the needed information for ur decision, u have to read a long thread with plenty of flame and bs in it.

suggestion:
- implement a voting system into assist, give the relevant information there
- invite them to discuss it here in the forum. so maybe more ppl visit the page and join the community
- install some forum-moderators and change the spirit of this forum

Offline noobslayer

Re: Suggestions for a better and wider partecipation of the players base
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, October 27, 2013, 14:22:10 PM »
I agree with him aswell

Everybody, one day will die, and be forgetten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun, fuck a mundane predictable life working monday to friday with something you derive no pleasure from; just living life out till you grow old and wither away. Find a passion, form relationships, dont be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks, trust me its alot more fun that way.

Dont ever pay people out or put people down. Instead just put yourself up and let the haters do their thing. Id rather be a person thats hated on, than a person that does the hating. A wise man one said...

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, October 27, 2013, 14:49:00 PM »

I actually agree with this. Koden usually does a pretty good job but he's only 1 guy.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline CheeseyTron

« Reply #3 on: Sunday, October 27, 2013, 17:45:45 PM »
I actually agree with this. Koden usually does a pretty good job but he's only 1 guy.

Ya,you agree with this,but will it happen? NOT!!! There are plenty of good people with level heads that could moderate the forums without all the sarcasm....Right Spanky???

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, October 27, 2013, 17:47:34 PM »
As usual Cheesey, you take my serious posts and think they're riddled with sarcasm. If anyone is interested in moderating this forum, send me a PM. There's a few members I have in mind but you should have a desire to moderate, not be asked to.

Offline CheeseyTron

« Reply #5 on: Sunday, October 27, 2013, 17:55:31 PM »
Your serious posts are few and far between Spank....it's time to give up the bs and let some kind natured people deal with the public users...maybe stick with your map editing and leave the game questions to those that can handle it...and believe me when I say I'm not the only one who finds your comments,shall we say "dry humour"

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, October 27, 2013, 18:07:27 PM »
appart from dave's attitude, i can clearly understand and support his points.

personally i dont like the way decisions are made.
as u can look up in the stats, there 1000 ppl a day who are using assist. decisions are base on polls of 20ppl over the timeframe of maybe a week. thats so poor.
to get the needed information for ur decision, u have to read a long thread with plenty of flame and bs in it.

suggestion:
- implement a voting system into assist, give the relevant information there
- invite them to discuss it here in the forum. so maybe more ppl visit the page and join the community

I splitted the topic including your post from the news thread, cause you actually wrote a couple interesting things that are worthy to discuss.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, October 27, 2013, 18:08:04 PM »
You're getting to be off-topic but I'll join in;
I don't often post with the intention of being funny or likable. I post in 2 ways: the first is usually flaming and I probably do it a bit much but there's certain people on here that annoy the hell out of me and deserve to be cursed at. The other way I post is serious, such as my previous posts in this thread or when I help a newbie out with an issue (as long as it hasn't been gone over 50 times previously).

I'll admit that I'm not the most level-headed, strict and rule-abiding admin/moderator that walked the face of the earth.

Offline CheeseyTron

« Reply #8 on: Sunday, October 27, 2013, 18:19:45 PM »
You're getting to be off-topic but I'll join in;
I don't often post with the intention of being funny or likable. I post in 2 ways: the first is usually flaming and I probably do it a bit much but there's certain people on here that annoy the hell out of me and deserve to be cursed at. The other way I post is serious, such as my previous posts in this thread or when I help a newbie out with an issue (as long as it hasn't been gone over 50 times previously).

I'll admit that I'm not the most level-headed, strict and rule-abiding admin/moderator that walked the face of the earth.

Likable?..not in the least....level-headed? again,at times I'll say yes,but again,few and far between...being a small community that we are,being level headed and mature is what admins in your position should be at ALL times Spank.
I know what being an admin is all about...I've been running CYBA for over 12 years now and I've seen my share also on the forums....maybe take a lesson from Rapture or Koden,on being more respectable and I'm sure you'll do just fine in the future.

Offline CheeseyTron

« Reply #9 on: Sunday, October 27, 2013, 18:27:19 PM »
I splitted the topic including your post from the news thread, cause you actually wrote a couple interesting things that are worthy to discuss.

Thanks Koden....Dave does have some valuable input and should be respected....Right Spank?  :up:

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, October 27, 2013, 18:34:58 PM »
Thanks Koden....Dave does have some valuable input and should be respected....Right Spank?  :up:

I splitted the thread from Saltuarius's post, he summed things up.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, October 27, 2013, 18:40:02 PM »
Nope. He's had his chance and I've put up with enough of his shit. He has no real ideas/methods to solve issues, he just complains about things as-is. I don't mind criticism, especially if it comes with an idea to solve an issue.

I can see from your point of view that you can easily dislike me and while I've changed over the years, I'm still a pretty nice guy until you cross me. I've said before, I'm not a great community leader, I just happened to be here. I do like to help but there comes a point where people can no longer be helped or they are just helpless.

Offline Mixk

« Reply #12 on: Sunday, October 27, 2013, 19:36:58 PM »
More player involvement in votes would be great but personally I believe that those who give a damn about assist and it's happenings are those of  who actually visit the forums here. If they would visit just once every three or so days they would be up on things and see a vote going on. It isn't like they need to spend hours here nor visit 10 times a day like some do, just a few minutes while they wait inbetween rounds in game or while viewing other things on web. No one who has time enough to play aa doesn't have 5 minutes to visit the place making it possible for them to play the game. Maybe someone could think up a way to entice them to visit and maybe there would be a trickle down effect that other people would get interested and want to play the game to. Just the ramblings of an old fool.  :oops:
I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, October 27, 2013, 19:38:20 PM »
More player involvement in votes would be great but personally I believe that those who give a damn about assist and it's happenings are those of  who actually visit the forums here. If they would visit just once every three or so days they would be up on things and see a vote going on. It isn't like they need to spend hours here nor visit 10 times a day like some do, just a few minutes while they wait inbetween rounds in game or while viewing other things on web. No one who has time enough to play aa doesn't have 5 minutes to visit the place making it possible for them to play the game. Maybe someone could think up a way to entice them to visit and maybe there would be a trickle down effect that other people would get interested and want to play the game to. Just the ramblings of an old fool.  :oops:

Best post this year. 100% agree.

Offline CheeseyTron

« Reply #14 on: Sunday, October 27, 2013, 19:59:57 PM »
Nope. He's had his chance and I've put up with enough of his shit.

There's the problem right there Spank...It's always "I"VE" as in YOU that can't deal with it...There's more than YOU who are admins around here....Quit making decisions for the majority Spank!

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager