Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Should SF forceclass/mod be tracked? - The Thread  (Read 16927 times)

Offline Alex

Re: Should SF forceclass/mod be tracked? - The Thread
« Reply #90 on: Tuesday, February 17, 2015, 15:06:35 PM »
In real life when leaning around a corner to shoot people you also
see a bit more than your little head (maybe the arms with the gun in
your hand would be a good feature lol) - this is really so unrealistic.
Just noticed that last night again on WC

Lord-of-War  :style:
That's because of how viewpoints are handled in AA. You look from the top of your character's head. That's why people can shoot at you when all you see is the top of their head.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #91 on: Tuesday, February 17, 2015, 15:10:56 PM »
In real life when leaning around a corner to shoot people you also
see a bit more than your little head (maybe the arms with the gun in
your hand would be a good feature lol) - this is really so unrealistic.
Just noticed that last night again on WC

There's a lot in this game that isn't realistic.
Just look at someone crouch and zoom and move at the same time. Their legs will move at a different speed compared to the ground.
Now look at someone crawling and zooming. See how the gun warps left and right visibly. If it did that for the crawler he wouldn't understand what he's looking at.

And leaning is kind of wrong in this game anyway. If you moved like you do in this game, you would fall over. Your center of gravity is shifted too much. Even if you managed to stay upright, you'd be at an unstable position and would probably be unable to hold your recoil.
All in all, for leaning you'd need to move your foot as well, even if just a little bit.

But I don't think there's anything that can really be done about it.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline -Vegeta-

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
  • AA: Vegeta
« Reply #92 on: Tuesday, February 17, 2015, 15:17:03 PM »
Yes there are parts of the "game"  that are unrealistic. We cant do nothing about that. But we dont need to add to that with spam.
Words are great possed but the tune is crap. A condeming fear strikes down
Things they cannot understand. An excuse to cover up weaknesses that lie within Lies
Laying your guilt and pain. On people that had no part in the molding of a life
That creates its destruction. Lies. Right before your very eyes
A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny. Your part in the demise of a life
Lack of comprehension. Thriving on your cliche. Compelled by self-resentment
Reaching into the minds of those that created. The depression in which they
In which they drowned their flesh and blood. Lies. So easy to blame the
Everlasting fear on a pathetic attempt. To justify the ending of life. Lies
Right before your very eyes. A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny
Your part in the demise of a life

Offline Lord-of-War

• Loyal Member
  • La vida no vale nada
    • View Profile
  • AA: Lord-of-War
« Reply #93 on: Tuesday, February 17, 2015, 15:18:31 PM »
lol yeah - the leaners just have an unfair advantage.
I have to aim at a tiny head whilst they can see my
whole body, if I am standing in an open area.
The moderator can remove my "comment" if he likes.

« Last Edit: Tuesday, February 17, 2015, 19:43:42 PM by Lord-of-War »
"the world is basically a forced labor camp from which the workers - all innocents - are led forth by lottery, a few each day, to be executed," Cormac McCarthy

Offline Lord-of-War

• Loyal Member
  • La vida no vale nada
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: Tuesday, February 17, 2015, 19:02:19 PM »
well I tell you what I think playing SF on bridge is like:
First everybody shoots a couple of 203 at spawn and the usual spots,
a couple of smart guys on defense run to the middle cause they are there faster
than assault as everybody knows, kill a few guys with their scopes while assault try to position themselves and the rest of the game defense waits with scope campers in fixed positions for some ass guy to appear and take him out or blast the bridge with 203's.
What a fun it is - hahaha
Bridge Crossing wasn't designed to be played with SF and any serious bridge player knows that.I think people will get bored of it very quickly but let's wait and see.
And now you guys even discuss the amounts of nades, flashes and smokes - come on

« Last Edit: Tuesday, February 17, 2015, 19:35:54 PM by Lord-of-War »
"the world is basically a forced labor camp from which the workers - all innocents - are led forth by lottery, a few each day, to be executed," Cormac McCarthy

Offline mamerize

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: Tuesday, February 17, 2015, 20:03:54 PM »
All maps have advantages for assault or defense. Whats new?. Anyone who play def on pipeline know they can get to main door faster than assault. Sf hosp assault player know how to reach vip fast. When u know so well about some maps, its will be a great advantages. Nothing new here..

My choice.
1 - 203 ( if 13 player on each side, they can count it if they want). It's will be cool if admin can enable/disable 203. I know it's a bit much. Just suggestions which u can ignored it.
2 - nades
2 smokes (assault)
1 smoke (def)
2 flash
1 Incendery
« Last Edit: Tuesday, February 17, 2015, 20:21:57 PM by mamerize »

Offline Lord-of-War

• Loyal Member
  • La vida no vale nada
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: Tuesday, February 17, 2015, 20:12:30 PM »
the difference is that you have 13 guys with 203's and scopes on
defense - that is what's new here and the map is no good for SF

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

« Reply #97 on: Tuesday, February 17, 2015, 20:13:27 PM »
than assault as everybody knows, kill a few guys with their scopes while assault try to position themselves and the rest of the game defense waits with scope campers in fixed positions for some ass guy to appear and take him out or blast the bridge with 203's.
Bridge Crossing wasn't designed to be played with SF and any serious bridge player knows that.I think people will get bored of it very quickly but let's wait and see.
And now you guys even discuss the amounts of nades, flashes and smokes - come on

What's wrong discussing the amounts of nades it to be? It comes with SF, and people have right to choose the best selection.

My selection would be:

4 nades
4 smoke
2 flash
2 fire

To use fire is quite a good thing, to stop enemies from going and to make distraction, actually it can be useful when throwing over the top on the opposite team catwalk to avoid them climbing ladder and to kill them.

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

« Reply #98 on: Tuesday, February 17, 2015, 20:16:54 PM »
the difference is that you have 13 guys with 203 and scopes on defense
that is what's new here and the map is no good for SF

Lord, I guess you showed up quite late when assist has removed most of tracking from mods. There was lots of servers, like ''Do not and friends'' server that used to run SF mod, yet it was the most playable server and the map was bridge. It never got bored because it was fun, always having normal guns isn't fun. Basically people voted and decided to bring back sf mod to tracking, you will have a choice, you are not forced to join bridge with sf mod and I know it will be easier to kill you when you camp most of the times.

Offline Lord-of-War

• Loyal Member
  • La vida no vale nada
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: Tuesday, February 17, 2015, 20:18:10 PM »
whatever - do what you want - redesign the whole of Americas Army.
Who gives a damn anyway

« Last Edit: Tuesday, February 17, 2015, 20:41:30 PM by Lord-of-War »

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

« Reply #100 on: Tuesday, February 17, 2015, 20:23:02 PM »
whatever - do what you want
redesign the whole of Americas Army - who gives a damn anyway

SF mod tracking isn't even a big deal. It doesn't redesign assist in any way. SF mod used to be before with full tracking, like the rest of the mods that used to be made by crusade. I remember bridge server that had massive score for every kill on the bridge, before johhny and eliz came, but there is not more of this crap, I can talk all day long how we used rpg's and stuff but if even sf mod you don't like it's not worth talking about the rest.

Offline mamerize

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: Tuesday, February 17, 2015, 20:35:19 PM »
I think the topic was about sf mods. The soldier inventory's are included, i think.

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: Wednesday, February 18, 2015, 01:14:02 AM »

1 - 203 ( if 13 player on each side, they can count it if they want). It's will be cool if admin can enable/disable 203.
That is alrady pretty much possible. Server admins can configure the 203 spam protection for a very long time, effectively getting rid of 203s.

It doesn't redesign assist in any way.
Funny how you quote him saying something about redesigning AA and you start talking about Assist.

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline -Vegeta-

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
  • AA: Vegeta
« Reply #103 on: Wednesday, February 18, 2015, 04:16:46 AM »

Have you ever played SF on bridge. I played it my whole AA life. I had my own server. It never left sf bridge.
To say evey body firs 203 at the start is wrong. I hate spam. But I never saw every one fire all 203s at the start. You actully contradicted your self in your statement.. If every one fires 2 nades at the start. How can def rush? For someone who doesnt care why are you still trying to change everyones mind and a foregone conclusion?
If there is going to be some sort of vote for how it should be run. Then the vote shoud only be for those who voted for it.
when sf is on bridge you said def rushes and gets  a couple becuse of scope. What you never seen normal weapons do that. Really thats nonsense aswell.

I am what I would call a semi serious bridge player. (No were near the hrs Ganja has) Who cares what it was disigned for. I am here for what I like. You are here for what you like. No one is trying to take anything away from your game? Why are you trying to take away from  our game?

Words are great possed but the tune is crap. A condeming fear strikes down
Things they cannot understand. An excuse to cover up weaknesses that lie within Lies
Laying your guilt and pain. On people that had no part in the molding of a life
That creates its destruction. Lies. Right before your very eyes
A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny. Your part in the demise of a life
Reaching into the minds of those that created. The depression in which they
In which they drowned their flesh and blood. Lies. So easy to blame the
Everlasting fear on a pathetic attempt. To justify the ending of life. Lies
Right before your very eyes. A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny
Your part in the demise of a life

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: Wednesday, February 18, 2015, 09:00:02 AM »
If there is going to be some sort of vote for how it should be run. Then the vote shoud only be for those who voted for it.
That makes no sense at all. If a vote was done and change is made, the next change, whatever it may be, will be just as important to everyone.

I am what I would call a semi serious bridge player. (No were near the hrs Ganja has)
Well, at least according to tracker, Ganja only has around 500 hours on tracker (for his 2 main accounts), while you have 1200.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager