Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Should SF forceclass/mod be tracked? - The Thread  (Read 16906 times)

Offline Yahoo

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
Re: Should SF forceclass/mod be tracked? - The Thread
« Reply #30 on: Saturday, February 14, 2015, 22:42:15 PM »
 Assist had sf modded servers a while ago why do not mod servers with m16/saw?

Oh nevermind, ironsights are much harder to handle...

Offline -Vegeta-

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
  • AA: Vegeta
« Reply #31 on: Sunday, February 15, 2015, 04:36:28 AM »
We never said nobody wanted it. We only explained why it wasn't done. That's it.

No one mentioned YOU or any other admin. What are you talking about?
Words are great possed but the tune is crap. A condeming fear strikes down
Things they cannot understand. An excuse to cover up weaknesses that lie within Lies
Laying your guilt and pain. On people that had no part in the molding of a life
That creates its destruction. Lies. Right before your very eyes
A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny. Your part in the demise of a life
Lack of comprehension. Thriving on your cliche. Compelled by self-resentment
Reaching into the minds of those that created. The depression in which they
In which they drowned their flesh and blood. Lies. So easy to blame the
Everlasting fear on a pathetic attempt. To justify the ending of life. Lies
Right before your very eyes. A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny
Your part in the demise of a life

Offline Bart!

« Reply #32 on: Sunday, February 15, 2015, 05:28:32 AM »
Assist had sf modded servers a while ago why do not mod servers with m16/saw?

Oh nevermind, ironsights are much harder to handle...
That's the thing what still bothers me when this would happen, never have I ever seen people forceclassing sf servers to m16, the only thing I sometimes saw was pistol rounds.

I still think many of the people prefer sf because it is the easier gun. I do not understand why otherwise people like sf more on a map like bridge.

For me personally, it totally changes gameplay to a point that it is not enjoyable. I love playing bridge on assault on normal servers as that's a challenge. But as soon as there is sf mods, random 203s from all possible sides (normally you just know there can be one at a certain place) can totally ruin the fun, or you have to camp hard until all 203s are thrown out, because if you are yellow against green people with sf at def, it's almost impossible to do anything anymore.

As for insurgent camp. Normally you just know there is 1 203 at a certain area, and you can move in the other trying to shoot somebody. With SF mod, I see big scopes at the windows, and 203s from every place being possible. You have to camp a lot more in order not to be killed in a cheap way.

With sf mod, it becomes easier to get a higher fragrate on the easier side, it will change balance, and in that way it will alternate stats.

I am ok with tracking sf mods seperately, as it is a different thing compared to normal weapons. But tracking them in 1 bunch, together with normal mapstats, is just destroying the integrity of the tracker system.

Sadly enough, we do not have any control over BT, so I do not even see, if others would agree, how we would be able to do something like that.

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
« Reply #33 on: Sunday, February 15, 2015, 05:55:57 AM »
That's the thing what still bothers me when this would happen, never have I ever seen people forceclassing sf servers to m16, the only thing I sometimes saw was pistol rounds.

I still think many of the people prefer sf because it is the easier gun. I do not understand why otherwise people like sf more on a map like bridge.

For me personally, it totally changes gameplay to a point that it is not enjoyable. I love playing bridge on assault on normal servers as that's a challenge. But as soon as there is sf mods, random 203s from all possible sides (normally you just know there can be one at a certain place) can totally ruin the fun, or you have to camp hard until all 203s are thrown out, because if you are yellow against green people with sf at def, it's almost impossible to do anything anymore.

As for insurgent camp. Normally you just know there is 1 203 at a certain area, and you can move in the other trying to shoot somebody. With SF mod, I see big scopes at the windows, and 203s from every place being possible. You have to camp a lot more in order not to be killed in a cheap way.

With sf mod, it becomes easier to get a higher fragrate on the easier side, it will change balance, and in that way it will alternate stats.

I am ok with tracking sf mods seperately, as it is a different thing compared to normal weapons. But tracking them in 1 bunch, together with normal mapstats, is just destroying the integrity of the tracker system.

Sadly enough, we do not have any control over BT, so I do not even see, if others would agree, how we would be able to do something like that.
You talk about totaly ruin the fun in bridge .
If thats the case you are, i think not alone and other player will say the same
so on that point becose sf 203 will be unpopulair on bridge and the real bridge  classic lovers wil play bridge classic like Always. so nothing will change.   
I do understand that sf  ( 203) is on muliple maps a nice wapon for gaming and for sum maps its not good.
But people can choose now and thats the point.
Admins can choose for good gaming setting.
Players will choose to go to ther game fun.
I think ther will be not must change in assist whit this tracking for sf
Fun is more inportant than points !

Offline Bart!

« Reply #34 on: Sunday, February 15, 2015, 06:05:04 AM »
That's a good point Vanoke, I do agree with that.

The main issue I only see then is on maps where both ways could go, I foresee there sf taking it over because many players are too used to sf weapons/ do not want to change it.

The main question I actually have:
- Why is there no m16 mod on sf servers? What exactly is the reason people do not want m16? What is so bad about it?

Furthermore, now you mention it that way, I do not know how much effort it is for mAAppers of us, however, could it be a better idea, not to allow mods, but actually make an SF version of some maps, like we have pipeline sf already?
This will make sure people can see which server they join, slots can be made like on dockside, 3x C 1x Z, etc.

Or would this cost too much disk space/download time when somebody installs this game?
Just brainstorming of course.

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Sunday, February 15, 2015, 06:50:52 AM »
you can also ask your self that alot maps will be great to play whit only m9  2 smoke  1 flash , i am talking now over maps were the buildings are close to each other.  I also do not understand what fire granades are dowing in this game  ( yhea Burning the dead one) ( ore nice effect in yeti lair) !!
I think assist can gif advice about best setting for all maps.
Classic is not Always the nicest gameplay.

Offline Lord-of-War

• Loyal Member
  • La vida no vale nada
    • View Profile
  • AA: Lord-of-War
« Reply #36 on: Sunday, February 15, 2015, 06:53:51 AM »
Quoting Bart:

I agree 100 % and if people are just playing this for fun , why not leave the system as it is.If you only want to have your so called fun. then you shouldn't be concerned about the tracking issue - so don't touch it
And yes the classic way is how this game is meant to be played - anything else is just childish and destroying the game

Lord-of-War  :style:

« Last Edit: Sunday, February 15, 2015, 06:57:09 AM by Lord-of-War »
"the world is basically a forced labor camp from which the workers - all innocents - are led forth by lottery, a few each day, to be executed," Cormac McCarthy

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Sunday, February 15, 2015, 07:36:10 AM »
Quoting Bart:

I agree 100 % and if people are just playing this for fun , why not leave the system as it is.If you only want to have your so called fun. then you shouldn't be concerned about the tracking issue - so don't touch it
And yes the classic way is how this game is meant to be played - anything else is just childish and destroying the game

Its to get on the same level Sf is to a gameplay and alot like it, it would be unfar if you led them play and on the other hand you get a diffrent treadment. I will also atrackt players that don t like classic. its A way to led this game grow.  What i do think is that the new idear from merlin 2&2  ore meaby 3&3  tournament will be in classic form just like Big Clan Day.

Offline Lord-of-War

• Loyal Member
  • La vida no vale nada
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Sunday, February 15, 2015, 07:49:52 AM »
It will not let the game grow ! In the long term it will make it die off !

And another funny thing I just have to mention:
The 2 people that seem to be the most enthusiastic advocates or shall I say
staunch defenders of Forceclass are a known cheater and a notorious teamkiller lol.

Say no more

"the world is basically a forced labor camp from which the workers - all innocents - are led forth by lottery, a few each day, to be executed," Cormac McCarthy

Offline Ganja

« Reply #39 on: Sunday, February 15, 2015, 08:03:57 AM »
What I am afraid of is that Assist is going to attract a new category of players i.e. not the kind of players that loved the oldschool Americas Army with M16 and Sniper etc etc, but people who like big guns with big boom boom and fast action (CoD style)

But I guess we will all just see how it's gonna be.
« Last Edit: Sunday, February 15, 2015, 08:12:28 AM by Ganja »

Offline Lord-of-War

• Loyal Member
  • La vida no vale nada
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Sunday, February 15, 2015, 08:10:12 AM »
exactly - I like the old School Americas Army and
that is the only reason why I am still playing it

« Last Edit: Sunday, February 15, 2015, 08:13:12 AM by Lord-of-War »

Offline -Vegeta-

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Sunday, February 15, 2015, 08:57:37 AM »
SO ganje and LOW want it there own way and dont care what anyone else wants. And that is exacytly who to two played the game for the majoity of the like in AA. They played on def for the same selfish reason. Ok Ganja now found that assault is actully more fun now . We know that. Every person has an agenda here. and the majority is for selfish porposes. That human nature self presevasion. It goes through there head so they type it with out thought processing. lord cant you see how selfish you sound? ts not all about you. lol, I have seen three balanced people in here Vanoke,spanky and Merlin. We can all learn from these three guys. You got two ears and only one tounge theres a reason for that. Shhhhhh.
Things they cannot understand. An excuse to cover up weaknesses that lie within Lies
A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny. Your part in the demise of a life
Right before your very eyes. A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny

Offline Ganja

« Reply #42 on: Sunday, February 15, 2015, 09:10:22 AM »
SO ganje and LOW want it there own way and dont care what anyone else wants. And that is exacytly who to two played the game for the majoity of the like in AA. They played on def for the same selfish reason. Ok Ganja now found that assault is actully more fun now . We know that. Every person has an agenda here. and the majority is for selfish porposes. That human nature self presevasion. It goes through there head so they type it with out thought processing. lord cant you see how selfish you sound? ts not all about you. lol, I have seen three balanced people in here Vanoke,spanky and Merlin. We can all learn from these three guys. You got two ears and only one tounge theres a reason for that. Shhhhhh.

I don't want it my way. I accept that a majority might be in favor of tracking mods, I was just explaining my fears. You have 2 eyes too read also

Offline -Vegeta-

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Sunday, February 15, 2015, 09:13:12 AM »
Your fears reveal what you are afraid off. And there for  expose what you dont want. So I was correct. You are still gibbering about what you dont want. Now you read and think before you post.

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

« Reply #44 on: Sunday, February 15, 2015, 09:14:26 AM »
The 2 people that seem to be the most enthusiastic advocates or shall I say
staunch defenders of Forceclass are a known cheater and a notorious teamkiller lol.

I have to stop you right here.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager