Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: server setup question  (Read 4470 times)

Offline war2k

server setup question
« on: Friday, May 11, 2012, 02:47:53 AM »
Hi there i help maintain the OAS][MoDs Server we're looking to see if it's possible to setup up a mutate script that switches weapons every round or just picks random one and to also see if there was a mutate script that allows us to to mix weapons like say have pistol that fires rockets or a vss that fires gp's.  and also be able to change weapons with mutate in the same round and not have to wait for the round to be over to change weapons.

i saw a few people asking about ultimate mod but no one really answered the question
« Last Edit: Friday, May 11, 2012, 02:50:30 AM by war2k »

Offline GoD-ICA-

Re: server setup question
« Reply #1 on: Friday, May 11, 2012, 02:52:54 AM »
We were looking into to running a few mods, but didn't want it to interfere with HackHunter..

http://www.aamods.com/ to be more specific...
<< lol @ Spell Check Button

Offline GoD-ICA-

« Reply #2 on: Friday, May 11, 2012, 03:17:08 AM »
well thanks for all the fish

Enjoy, it's fresh..

Offline Alex

« Reply #3 on: Friday, May 11, 2012, 03:18:20 AM »
We were looking into to running a few mods, but didn't want it to interfere with HackHunter..

http://www.aamods.com/ to be more specific...
Assist doesn't officially support any mods that are not built into it. Hackhunter will interfere with some of the mods, but you can easily disable hackhunter. Yes, that disables honor, but that's not all that important.

Offline GoD-ICA-

« Reply #4 on: Friday, May 11, 2012, 03:20:37 AM »
Assist doesn't officially support any mods that are not built into it. Hackhunter will interfere with some of the mods, but you can easily disable hackhunter. Yes, that disables honor, but that's not all that important.

Thank you, our main concern was with running mods with hackhunter, and in someway getting our server banned.. is this possible?

Offline Alex

« Reply #5 on: Friday, May 11, 2012, 03:21:52 AM »
Thank you, our main concern was with running mods with hackhunter, and in someway getting our server banned.. is this possible?
Na, we don't ban servers here. But you will need to turn hackhunter off for some mods so your don't get kicked from the server.

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #6 on: Friday, May 11, 2012, 09:15:01 AM »
I have ultimate mod source, i can remove stuff that hackhunter doesnt like :D + weird functions.
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday, May 11, 2012, 14:15:49 PM »
Possessed has gotten ultimate mod working fairly well so he can help you out. Although it's still recommended to turn off hackhunter.

Jonnym

« Reply #8 on: Friday, May 11, 2012, 14:57:50 PM »
Also, in the next update any servers running mods will not be tracked.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #9 on: Friday, May 11, 2012, 15:14:01 PM »
Also, in the next update any servers running mods will not be tracked.

Woot!
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline GoD-ICA-

« Reply #10 on: Friday, May 11, 2012, 15:19:24 PM »
Woot!

If this is being done, how bout an Update to the mod you guys have made as well.. ? The ONLY one we can get honor / tracked with..

Mutating to Normal, and you can't mutate back to random guns, how about the chance to give our players Reloads on G/GP without having to use Mods.. Also mutate grenades is just SHOT! Everyone gets kicked by hackhunter, and that's a Mod that you guys did!

Not only to mention, hackhunter has to be one of the most sensitive, false reporting, anti cheat I've ever seen.. A player I've know for 4 years, who's absolutely 120% NOT a cheater, get warnings all night, just from pressing keyboard buttons a little to fast.. Perhaps an update for that too?
« Last Edit: Friday, May 11, 2012, 15:21:58 PM by GoD-ICA- »

Offline Alex

« Reply #11 on: Friday, May 11, 2012, 15:22:10 PM »
If this is being done, how bout an Update to the mod you guys have made as well.. ? The ONLY one we can get honor / tracked with..

Mutating to Normal, and you can't mutate back to random guns, how about the chance to give our players Reloads on G/GP without having to use Mods.. Also mutate grenades is just SHOT! Everyone gets kicked by hackhunter, and that's a Mod that you guys did!

We didn't make any of the mods, Jonny just included them into Assist. If you want to use mods, turn off hackhunter. It's that simple.

Offline GoD-ICA-

« Reply #12 on: Friday, May 11, 2012, 15:24:17 PM »
We didn't make any of the mods, Jonny just included them into Assist. If you want to use mods, turn off hackhunter. It's that simple.

Of course, but still no-one wants to even attempt to fix the bugs that are there?

or even try to make it better?

All I was trying to say is the Assist mods could use an update!

Offline Alex

« Reply #13 on: Friday, May 11, 2012, 15:26:02 PM »
Of course, but still no-one wants to even attempt to fix the bugs that are there?

or even try to make it better?

All I was trying to say is the Assist mods could use an update!
What bugs? There are no bugs that I know of. The mods work perfectly fine with hackhunter off. Getting kicked for ammo exploit is not a bug, it's hackhunter working the way it should.
« Last Edit: Friday, May 11, 2012, 15:29:01 PM by KiLLaMaN »

Offline GoD-ICA-

« Reply #14 on: Friday, May 11, 2012, 15:31:25 PM »
What bugs? There are no bugs that I know of. The mods work perfectly fine with hackhunter off.

No no no no..

The Mutate command's shot,

If I type mutate normal to have a normal bridge round, I cannot, no matter how many times I type it, get the server to come out of Normal mode (mutate SF(or another weapon) forcing us to restart the server.. Please if you know the way of doing so tell me..

Another one is, if we want to have a G/GP only round on the bridge, we can't do so without running mods that remove our honor / tracking.. As there is no forceclassing or mutating while the round is already started.. You must do so before the round starts.. and sure there's forceclassing, but I don't want to go and forceclass everyone 1 by 1..

Last but not least, sure we can remove hackhunter to have grenade rounds, but can't you guys lower the amount of grenades a bit so we don't have to loose honor / tracking.. ? and still have a nade round :D

mutate grenades
« Last Edit: Friday, May 11, 2012, 15:33:32 PM by GoD-ICA- »

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager