Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Segmentation Fault on Fedora 18  (Read 1723 times)

Offline colonelflounders

• View Profile
Segmentation Fault on Fedora 18
« on: Sunday, January 27, 2013, 00:13:14 AM »
I am running the 64 bit version so that may be the cause of my woes, but when I go to launch 25Assist it segfaults after trying to connect with the server. I installed AA independently of the program and was wondering if I can manually point it to the auth server.

Online teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
Re: Segmentation Fault on Fedora 18
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, January 27, 2013, 05:44:28 AM »
If I understand you correctly, you installed AA independently of 25Assist.

In that case Assist probably wont recognize your version of AA as the right one and you wouldn't be able to play until you let Assist install AA for itself.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline colonelflounders

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, January 27, 2013, 13:29:35 PM »
Before I installed AA independently it would still seg fault immediately after launch not letting me do anything. Can I just tweak a config file to use the new auth server?

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #3 on: Sunday, January 27, 2013, 13:31:20 PM »
Before I installed AA independently it would still seg fault immediately after launch not letting me do anything. Can I just tweak a config file to use the new auth server?

No, you have to run though Assist.

Offline colonelflounders

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, January 27, 2013, 15:49:36 PM »
Any ideas on how to fix this seg fault then?

Offline 82nd_DXO_COL=Shad

« Reply #5 on: Sunday, February 03, 2013, 02:58:38 AM »
Make sure you have 32bit compatibility libraries installed.You should have both a /lib and a /lib64 folder in root.  Assist is 32 bit, as well as AA.  If you don't have 32bit libs, you might have to install them.  I'm not familiar with fedora 18, but it'll be something like "yum install glibc.i686".  Google it.   You might also have to install libstdc++ separately.  Use ldd on the AA executable to figure out what you need.  If ldd output shows something not linked to a memory address or file (or symlink) it could explain a lot.  Sometimes, after installing a 32bit library compatibility package, it may not have created all the necessary symbolic links to the library file needed by AA and you'll have to create them.
I have never run the linux client before, so the only other thing I can think of is maybe research graphics compatibility, maybe the linux AA client needs opengl compatibility?    ia32-libs-gtk might be needed as well.
Check the log files for clues also.
« Last Edit: Sunday, February 03, 2013, 03:01:44 AM by 82nd_DXO_COL=Shad »

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager