Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Reporting repeatedly bad behavior  (Read 5859 times)

Offline [Majestic]tidididi

Re: Reporting repeatedly bad behavior
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, August 09, 2012, 17:00:25 PM »
I want to report player with nickname- bing.u

Reason- he accoused me of throw smoke at North Side Entrance on Pipeline, then he tked me.

Offline Yahoo

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, August 09, 2012, 17:09:31 PM »
 :banned:

Offline alechko1

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, August 09, 2012, 17:10:00 PM »
I actually was with the back to u and i didnt know that u were there. On next round it was the opposite way around, I was in west entrance going to throu flash outside and u threw frag from inside and killed me because u didnt know im there.

Anyway, i know why u act like that, its because u think im a nub. But i was playing AA since 2006 and i had over 2 frag rate back then in pipe. Now days u wont believe what lag i have while playing assist (i know u probably wont believe) and i pmed Spanky already regarding that issue. im still not sure what causing this, but for sure it makes my gameplay to look like im a nub. Im truly sorry if it effects ither players too but not other hand i make a pretty easy kill so it evens somewhere.

Anyway i really love AA so i keep playing and trying to find a solution, so i hope u will understand me in future

Offline wickid

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, August 09, 2012, 17:11:34 PM »
I want to report player with nickname- bing.u

Reason- he accoused me of throw smoke at North Side Entrance on Pipeline, then he tked me.

lol so tk his ass k and be done with it lol

Offline niquedegraaff

« Reply #19 on: Thursday, August 09, 2012, 17:26:10 PM »
Quill, as you know, in the world there are thousands of idiots and retards. Just don't care and go forward :)
I know, but the problem is: i got kicked .. so i couldn't just play :)

Banned for ban circumventing, it's the same player as:
http://battletracker.com/playerstats/aao/752308/
http://battletracker.com/playerstats/aao/807735/
Also known as:
http://battletracker.com/playerstats/aao/817171/

Geez how many accounts does this dude have?
« Last Edit: Thursday, August 09, 2012, 17:28:39 PM by niquedegraaff »

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #20 on: Friday, August 10, 2012, 00:32:37 AM »
I personally don't see how anyone could care so much about some accusations and intentional TKs that they'd come to complain about it on these forums. And I'm pretty sure nobody will get banned from the game for just being an ass.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Ganja

« Reply #21 on: Friday, August 10, 2012, 05:00:22 AM »
And I'm pretty sure nobody will get banned from the game for just being an ass.

+1

Although if someone keeps tk'ing you and prevents you from playing it must suck  :down:

Offline niquedegraaff

« Reply #22 on: Friday, August 10, 2012, 10:28:17 AM »
I personally don't see how anyone could care so much about some accusations and intentional TKs that they'd come to complain about it on these forums. And I'm pretty sure nobody will get banned from the game for just being an ass.

What if this person create accounts to join on every server you play and then pb_kick you day after day so you can not play? I know, its sad, but it happens. So you can laugh or 'don't care that much about accusations etc', but this is the reason i complain.

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday, August 10, 2012, 11:40:41 AM »
What if this person create accounts to join on every server you play and then pb_kick you day after day so you can not play? I know, its sad, but it happens. So you can laugh or 'don't care that much about accusations etc', but this is the reason i complain.

Just use a different account. It's hard to complain in a game where the average player maturity is rather poor. It should actually be a server admins job to keep their servers tidy under control.
« Last Edit: Friday, August 10, 2012, 11:45:35 AM by Koden »

Offline [Majestic]tidididi

« Reply #24 on: Friday, August 10, 2012, 11:46:56 AM »

Offline niquedegraaff

« Reply #25 on: Friday, August 10, 2012, 12:22:19 PM »
Just use a different account. It's hard to complain in a game where the average player maturity is rather poor. It should actually be a server admins job to keep their servers tidy under control.

So in your world you basically say: shut up, ignore, work harder or run away (new account)... I think it is good people express their problems so there could be done something about it. If we share these things, also server admins can 'keep their servers tidy and clean' because they now know the 'well known' persons who ruin the game.

This behavior should be punished. Either by server admins as by the game authors (or authorization service). If we never complain, how would the world know about the problem?

In any way, i am lucky this time this guy was already banned on other linked accounts so he is banned again.

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Friday, August 10, 2012, 13:02:57 PM »
I'm not saying complaining about people who behave badly is necessarily a bad think or that it shouldn't be done, I'm saying that people won't get banned just for being an ass. With that said, raising the awareness of the community of such asses could prove useful, as this way server admins can know who has been repeatedly behaving bad and who's just having a bad day and ban accordingly.

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Ganja

« Reply #27 on: Friday, August 10, 2012, 13:42:09 PM »
So in your world you basically say: shut up, ignore, work harder or run away (new account)... I think it is good people express their problems so there could be done something about it. If we share these things, also server admins can 'keep their servers tidy and clean' because they now know the 'well known' persons who ruin the game.

This behavior should be punished. Either by server admins as by the game authors (or authorization service). If we never complain, how would the world know about the problem?

In any way, i am lucky this time this guy was already banned on other linked accounts so he is banned again.

Anyway it's to late to be a fraghoe, game nearly daed, so it's not such a problem to play with another account IMO

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Friday, August 10, 2012, 14:43:22 PM »

I didn't meant to say you have to avoid reporting a player for such reasons, you got a valid point and honestly if server admins are as lazy or unwilling to act as they mostly actually are, well it's just up to Pit or others that can ban this player. I believe there should be a consistent policy to treat cases like these and similar ones aswell, but it hasn't been said anything about yet (unless there's a public or private discussion which i'm unaware of). Anyway ROE as some other matters can be measured and as such maybe there could be an automated method to (at least) temporary ban a player if he abuses others. Just imho.

Anyway i don't want to throw in another lenghty post to say once again the same things over and over, but if this game has gone to the actual state is partly due to the community, which is widely made by people who doesn't care about anything else but playing the same map over the same server over and over 24 seven 365 days a year. What caraterize em: lack of interest for anything even slightly different/new, zero feedback, and an overall poor attitude by average (and i mean by average because you can just still find some decent People).

/end of rant.

P.s. 2 i'm tired of reading how hackers are killing the game! They're not kiilling the game as much as the player base's immobility and lack of interest does! Also I play America's Army almost daily, and i can still have fun (yes i am still able to get "kills" and i even get called "hacker" sometimes).
« Last Edit: Friday, August 10, 2012, 14:58:41 PM by Koden »

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday, August 10, 2012, 15:12:37 PM »
I believe there should be a consistent policy to treat cases like these and similar ones aswell, but it hasn't been said anything about yet (unless there's a public or private discussion which i'm unaware of).
I guess you hacen't read the card system idea that Quill posted a while back...

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager