Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Suggestion: dedicated beginner servers  (Read 5837 times)

Offline 1m50ry

• View Profile
Suggestion: dedicated beginner servers
« on: Sunday, August 26, 2012, 07:00:54 AM »
The game itself doesnt need updates, just update anticheat if its possible and .. thats it
the game is pretty clean since obviouse hackers can be banned easily

i just asked about the update since i read about it somewhere

new players will not stay long beacause there are no servers for noobs.....like that honor limited servers years ago.....
if u want game grow post more information for beginers start servers for noobs where they can enjoy the game......if u play 2 hours with score 0-50 u ll move to some respawn cod fps soon
« Last Edit: Tuesday, August 28, 2012, 12:46:33 PM by Koden »

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
Re: Re: when is coming that update?
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, August 26, 2012, 07:20:11 AM »
the game is pretty clean since obviouse hackers can be banned easily

i just asked about the update since i read about it somewhere

new players will not stay long beacause there are no servers for noobs.....like that honor limited servers years ago.....
if u want game grow post more information for beginers start servers for noobs where they can enjoy the game......if u play 2 hours with score 0-50 u ll move to some respawn cod fps soon

There used to be 2 or 3 official AAO25 servers (held by Jonny) might be a good idea if there's the budget to buy one, or if a few are willing to set their servers as such. However you can register a new account at any time, so...
« Last Edit: Sunday, August 26, 2012, 07:24:14 AM by Koden »

Offline tacstealth

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, August 28, 2012, 09:56:17 AM »
I like your idea koden.

I can Host 2 official server for the beginner if you want .
------------------------------------------
-=T@cT!CalSte@lth=-

http://www.Freeserver.ca

Offline Ganja

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, August 28, 2012, 09:56:46 AM »
However you can register a new account at any time, so...

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, August 28, 2012, 12:43:38 PM »
I like your idea koden.

I can Host 2 official server for the beginner if you want .

As i said, everyone that already have an account can make further accounts, this would easily lead to using fresh new accounts being used to splatter new players on a "beginners" server. That said, if you have enough people to keep an eye for clean and respectful behavior and administrate that server accordingly, you can still try that. Considering how players peaks works today, you'd have a decent timespan which could be covered decently by 2 or 3 people.

Offline Ganja

Re: Suggestion: dedicated beginner servers
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, August 28, 2012, 12:48:43 PM »
I could be an admin on such server but what, I can't play on it? :D

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, August 28, 2012, 12:52:23 PM »
I could be an admin on such server but what, I can't play on it? :D

The point is letting beginners to have a better chance to have fun. Sadly, you're no more a beginner since...ages i would bet :P :D

Offline Ganja

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, August 28, 2012, 12:58:06 PM »
Lol I mean such servers need admins, but it had to be a noob admin too? Noob admin will kick everybody who kills him (just had it happening on HH server) so who's gonna administrate it

Offline k!cker

• View Profile
  • AA: k!cker
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, August 28, 2012, 13:07:40 PM »
Why would you need to admin such servers? The old ones never had that. Pointless if you ask me.

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, August 28, 2012, 13:17:15 PM »
Lol I mean such servers need admins, but it had to be a noob admin too? Noob admin will kick everybody who kills him (just had it happening on HH server) so who's gonna administrate it

I've heard several awful things about HT players lately, but honestly, taking care of your clan's players attitude and behavior is a part of what distinguish a clan from a random group of players (at least imho). Anyway that is just a lack of experience in both administrating and playing, as you can't just kick a player because you can't accept he's better than you, i would accept a rebalancing if teams aren't well sorted.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, August 28, 2012, 13:47:57 PM »
Why would you need to admin such servers? The old ones never had that. Pointless if you ask me.
have enough people to keep an eye for clean and respectful behavior and administrate that server accordingly

People will make new accounts and abuse the system. Welcome in a new generation, the kiddo generation aka, the fraghoe generation

Offline Yahoo

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, August 28, 2012, 13:53:48 PM »

It's not pointless, official servers should have admins, as they did back then, if something come up, the thing is to find the right ones, nowadays all we have is immature admins whining and complaining about stupid shit, most of them forget that admins rights should be for the comfort of the players, not for their own anger...

"With great power comes great responsibility"

But i couldn't care less, since i got kick today for kill 6 guys in less than a minute... Pit should shutdown the entire system so people could value what they have!!

Offline Pegesus

« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, August 28, 2012, 15:47:30 PM »
i will set a server up for new players no problem.

i think if "old skool" players are goin to fraghoe then they will do it on there main account.
CPU: Intel i7 o/c to 4.40ghz
RAM: 32GB Patriot Red
GFX: MSI GTX650Ti Boost
Sound: Creative X-Fi
Headset: Steelseries 4H
Mouse: Steelseries Kinzu v2
Keys: Cyborg v5

Offline k!cker

• View Profile
  • AA: k!cker
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, August 28, 2012, 16:14:51 PM »
If you put a honor restriction like the old ones had (0-15) then you're not going to have people trying to get their frag rate up. You can get from 10 to 15 in an hour maybe less. I don't ever remember Official Army Servers having admins on them. The only thing I see that is a waste of time is to admin such servers. Secondly I don't think new players will get attracted to such servers but you all can try. Plus is there enough new players to fill such servers?

Offline Ganja

« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, August 28, 2012, 16:30:18 PM »
keep yr pessimism for yr self

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager