Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Randomly game freeze  (Read 10376 times)

Offline aerox

• View Profile
Randomly game freeze
« on: Wednesday, February 08, 2012, 18:20:28 PM »
I am playing AA2.5 back from the assist as beamer asked me to , and from the moment i installed it , it has been a huge problem its either the program or something thats causing this i dont know .. not blaming the program just to make sure...
The pb problem was easy to fix with the help within the assist but now the biggest problem and a great concern for me is
The random freezes i get while i am playing the game i cant play 2 rounds on the game without it to freez and just not getting out of it? my pc specs  are :
Intel 3.2GHZ dual core
4GB ram
ATI Hd 4600 3D card 1GB
Gigabyte motherboard
w7 ultimate 64bit

Ill post the logs and see if anyone can figure something out but i am getting desperate tbh I reinstalled windows etc etc and it still crashing .. wich bugs me a lot as i dont get it with other games that i run on my pc ( wow , lol , Saints row , cod4 etc..)

Log

02/09/12 00:00:44 Log: Log file open, 02/09/12 00:00:44
02/09/12 00:00:44 Init: Name subsystem initialized
02/09/12 00:00:44 Init: Detected: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1 (Build: 7601)
02/09/12 00:00:44 Init: Unreal Version: 3339
02/09/12 00:00:44 Init: AGP Version: 3339.2.5.0
02/09/12 00:00:44 Init: Character set: Unicode
02/09/12 00:00:44 Init: Base directory: C:\Users\ivo\AppData\Roaming\25Assist\armyops\System\
02/09/12 00:00:44 Init: Ini:ArmyOps.ini   UserIni:User.ini
02/09/12 00:00:44 Init: Build label:  Build Ame

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Re: Randomly game freeze
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, February 08, 2012, 18:28:42 PM »
Read through this:
http://aao25.com/2-5-assist/game-crashes-in-win7/

I think your problem is hardware.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline aerox

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, February 08, 2012, 18:59:59 PM »
Read through this:
http://aao25.com/2-5-assist/game-crashes-in-win7/

I think your problem is hardware.
thanks for the fast reply but its defo no hardware related! as other games run smoothly without any troubles ! Its AA itself causing the problem!

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, February 08, 2012, 19:14:30 PM »
Well, it doesn't look like an AA problem to me as the log is interrupted. The game isn't aware of a problem/crash, otherwise it would show up in the log. Are you able to alt+tab out of the frozen game? Just because other games play fine, doesn't mean it's not a hardware issue still.

Offline aerox

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, February 08, 2012, 19:24:21 PM »
i just played AAo in window mode and it seems like thats doing the trick for 3-4 rounds and then it crashes again i have also installed speedfan to check the temps of my cpu and stuff , they all stay the same 28 and 29 are the numbers showing up ... tbh i really dont think its a hardare related issue ... the thing is that the game freezes randomly i cant play longer then like 5-10 mins and then its kaboem frees and i cant do anything the only think i can do is check if my vid card isn't the problem ..

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, February 08, 2012, 19:38:26 PM »
Can you Alt+Tab out of the game and use another program? Like, is it JUST AA that freezes or is it your whole computer? Grab GPU-Z and check your temps in-game (be sure to check "update GPU-Z in background" or whatever the option is).

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, February 08, 2012, 21:06:44 PM »
Not yet.

Offline aerox

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, February 09, 2012, 06:03:29 AM »
Can you Alt+Tab out of the game and use another program? Like, is it JUST AA that freezes or is it your whole computer? Grab GPU-Z and check your temps in-game (be sure to check "update GPU-Z in background" or whatever the option is).
Okay  , i have been checking my GPU's behavior for 3 hours now and changed game settings the (not window mode) I comes to my attention that the GPU is not the problem either is my CPU as the core isn't going above the 33 C. What i am thinking right now is my sound card (realtek onboard 7.1 ) causing the problem .. cause if the game crashes i hear my game sound re-loop..  might be driver problem or either way a file on AAO gamesounds causing it not sure about it i'm going to check that during the rest of the day focusing on one part a day to see if it is the problem.
GPU - logs :

GPU tem 1 : 38.5       
GPU temp 2 :  42.5
GPU load : 18
GPU temp:  42.0

Did a stress test and no problems occured with that , did memtest nothing wrong those are the things i have been doing for the past days now.
The reason i think its my Soundcard is of the fact my sound re-loops and i noticed it happening just 5 mins ago by playing normal music not causing a crash looping for 1 sec and moving on. I will post more once i got more information and if the crashes are sound card related.

2012-02-09 00:10:43 | 178.196.24.42:2717 | W94JHOQnz3wMNqhn2CPFva8T6C/c | VIOLATION (IGNORING QUERIES) #9013: z!Aerox+! (slot #1) Ignoring MD5Tool Queries [?(-) 213.119.84.34:59836]
2012-02-09 00:36:58 | 178.196.24.42:1717 | W94JHOQnz3wMNqhn2CPFva8T6C/c | VIOLATION (IGNORING QUERIES) #9013: z!Aerox+! (slot #2) Ignoring MD5Tool Queries [?(-) 213.119.84.34:60628]

could you explain this to me? this is what i found on last nights crashes?
« Last Edit: Thursday, February 09, 2012, 11:11:05 AM by aerox »

Jonnym

« Reply #8 on: Thursday, February 09, 2012, 12:17:34 PM »
It means you've been removed from the server because you are not responding to requests from the server. Nothing at all to worry about.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, February 09, 2012, 13:38:52 PM »
Sound looping in a crash is pretty normal, I think it's your whole system freezing and nothing new is sent to the sound buffer and it just keeps playing what it last had in the buffer because no new instructions were sent. It's happened to me many times.

What I would do if I were you; Update drivers, mainly GPU and sound (probably won't do anything but Realtek releases drivers once a month or so). I can help you find your GPU driver if you tell me what GPU you have. As for sound, here you go:
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

You still haven't said if it's just AA that crashes or your whole computer.

Offline aerox

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, February 09, 2012, 16:07:11 PM »
Sound looping in a crash is pretty normal, I think it's your whole system freezing and nothing new is sent to the sound buffer and it just keeps playing what it last had in the buffer because no new instructions were sent. It's happened to me many times.

What I would do if I were you; Update drivers, mainly GPU and sound (probably won't do anything but Realtek releases drivers once a month or so). I can help you find your GPU driver if you tell me what GPU you have. As for sound, here you go:
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

You still haven't said if it's just AA that crashes or your whole computer.
the only thing i can find for my GPU is Rv730  the vid card = ATi HD 4670

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, February 09, 2012, 16:10:29 PM »

Offline aerox

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, February 09, 2012, 17:28:50 PM »
Install these:
http://www2.ati.com/drivers/12-1_vista_win7_64_dd_ccc.exe
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=35

Restart then report back if it helped or not.
hello , i have done the things you said i just crashed again but i did play for a longer periode of time! and i can't alt tab out of the game! also with this crash i noticed that my sound was gone instantly , coudln't alt tab or anything

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, February 09, 2012, 17:39:48 PM »
hello , i have done the things you said i just crashed again but i did play for a longer periode of time! and i can't alt tab out of the game! also with this crash i noticed that my sound was gone instantly , coudln't alt tab or anything

I play windowed to avoid alt-tabbing, lots of games don't behave properly that way, instead if you play AA windowed it just gets and releases application focus (of course attention at round start).

Offline aerox

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, February 09, 2012, 17:44:58 PM »
so you had to restart the computer?
yes i had , and i tried to run it on single core and not use both of my core's and i crashed again ... never had this before with the game and now.... my system is stable otherwise i would notice problems with other games as well wich isn't the case  its only AAO .. that is doing my system harm atm.. with the crashes

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager