Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Random Spawn Points?  (Read 13248 times)

Offline Mike Mentzer

• don't change old maps!! Give noobs not a chance!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Random Spawn Points?
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, January 04, 2014, 05:18:47 AM »
There is a poll up asking whether people want randoms pawns or not. Surprisingly, most people seem to want them. The TC wants to know how it would be possible for competitive play.

I don't like the poll, especially since most maps are simply too small or the layout is too difficult to add in random spawns without effecting the balance of the map.

:up:
please dont touch any of the original maps this will kill the game 100%
Nice some Ass licking around   ((_) :censored: D :P (_o_) :P

Offline HellFire

« Reply #16 on: Saturday, January 04, 2014, 05:44:55 AM »
You should expand your thinking Killa. Bridge could be good, spawn teams closer to a tower or further away, spawn a few at mid...

I kinda agree with you on this one, even if they spawned randomly anywhere behind the towers could be a good thing because it would reduce the amount of spam, I kinda feel like bridge is becoming too much of a spam contest.
It gets annoying on assault having to wait for the guy on defence stairs or the ar on the hills to finish spamming before you can even get to the assault tower, and vise versa, it will reduce 203 spam on defence if G is plonked somewhere random each round.

Offline [HT]-d0n-@-KeIIo-

• News Authors
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, January 04, 2014, 06:12:22 AM »
pls dont fix random spawns on old maps..
maybe hospi with not vip is ok, like esl dusk.

Offline Bart!

« Reply #18 on: Saturday, January 04, 2014, 06:58:30 AM »
I think in some way you should always make it possible to use normal spawns, for example as a setting. Otherwise you should not touch the old maps as they are, because that is where people come back in the game for.

If they didn't they would've been playing a lot of different maps all day instead of always the same map.

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

« Reply #19 on: Saturday, January 04, 2014, 11:17:48 AM »
Like I said to spanky, we can release one map just for testing with random spawns. If people like it, we can do it with further maps.

Also like spanky said, everything is possible, you just need to be creative as you do it not to make map unbalanced nor advantaged to one team or another.

Offline BiG_SerGiO

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • "I got soul but i'm not a soldier..."
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese Warriors
  • AA: [PTwars]b!6
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, January 04, 2014, 11:48:45 AM »
What? Spanky will convert Downtown from AA4 to AA2 and with random spawns? Nice :P
"Three things can not hide for long: the Moon, the Sun and the Truth"?
Hmm?

https://vortexservers.com/clients/aff.php?aff=406

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, January 04, 2014, 11:51:06 AM »
What? Spanky will convert Downtown from AA4 to AA2 and with random spawns? Nice :P

You're joking but in reality, it probably isn't too far in the future...
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Ares

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, January 05, 2014, 15:30:05 PM »
1. Weapon's Cache
Putting defense anywhere other than on 3rd floor would make it possible to totally lock everything down, hence make assaulting totally impossible. Give me 4 players to demonstrate if conviction is needed.   

2. Bridge Crossing
Do whatever the fuck you want with this one, there's 1 way to go, this is the only map it would work on and won't make a diffrence at all. Spams would need to be timed diffrent but since spams on this map is random it would still be spam and kills.

3. Mout Mckenna
Don't see how you could, change spawns without inbalancing the whole map since there are obtainable objectives that are takable from both sides. Sure you can move both spawns on other side of main road, without doing any "mixing up" at all. Spams will be easier, and again. The team who takes one building first, will hold it.

4. Insurgent Camp
Nothing you can do here, you can put assault in south corner sure, and defense top floor, although this already accours in big enough servers. Give me a suggestion on this one and if it's good enough, which isn't possible unless you just want to change things for the hell of it without thought on how it will effect gameplay and "KNOWING WHERE ENEMY COMES FROM". Okay you could have assault spawn on the back of building, and get campfest.
5. SF CSAR
There is nothing you can do here either,like with ALL other maps they are designed to be played with static spawns, if they would have been designed in a diffrent way, we wouldn't have the same point of origin in this disussion. There's a narrow corridor on the majority of the maps which on some point you have to get through, no matter where you spawn this can never change unless you change the mapdesign. Although you could move up spawn for assault to junction building, but it would still be stop in defense junction building and firehole (whatever its called) North would still be covered with a RPG and make it impossible to break through.

6. Pipeline
No matter where assault spawns here, they wouldn't have any other advantages of breaching the obj's.

7. Collapsed Tunnel
A map where timeing and flashing is everything. If you put attacking spawn closer to the door, they would be able to own the whole map without even flashing T crossing. No spam, flash or superbreach on defense's part would make any diffrence. Moving forward spawn on defense would make no diffrence, the only thing attacking would have to change is to delay their flashes a couple of seconds to make their way, the exact same way to extraction.

Urban Assault
What random spawns would be good for, is to mix up gameplay. Make things possible that weren't before. On urban, mout and sandstorm, where objectives are takable from both sides. I see no reason why you would want to double the confusion and spawnposition, unless, like I said, would want to change things just for the sake of change.

Swamp raid
Assault COULD spawn around the map, this is something I would like, although it would make assault easier than defense, havint to push in on that small camp from diffrent directions would be too much to handle for defense. Unless you make defense spawn out in the swamp aswell, and remove the objective, put a yeti in each tower and add snow, Although this could work with random spawns. This and bridge are the ones, so far.

SF Hospital
VIP random spawn inside the hospital, although it wouldn't change since one side always gets inside hospital, and are able to take over it no matter where vip spawns. Only thing a random VIP spawn would do is to put the VIP at more harms way, further away from his teammates, which he depends on.

SF Sandstorm
Random spawns would not change a thing on the positive side, it would only make it closer to 1 objective, AND further away from the other 2. Sandstorm is a tough map to play, if you loose 1 objective which you are supposed to have (depending on what side you start) You are fucked and you loose. So if you randomize spawns here, the skill level is taken out and chance is the biggest factor on what rounds you win.

With this being said, I am, and will always be a competitive players. Together with a few others I have endured the rollercoaster which we all learned to like. (or got tired of)
Fact is, randomzing spawnpoints will totally kill the competitive side of AA, you might not care. But sit back and think about that for a second, without competitive players, HT server will be gone, HT is one of the most active competitive teams (i just addded this having seen it's the most popular server) If they continue paying for the server although competitive playing will die, i don't know, just a theory. All the players that like competitive playing, say it's 1/3 of todays active players. That loss in players WILL be the death of this game, a total of what, 200 players on a good night? You will not change one thing, nor give less skilled players a better chance, Or as some of you like to put it "tweaking, hacking, ghosting, soundhacking mofos" Will still be able to outaim, prefire, listen, think, and people will ALWAYS look for a static playingstyle, find their corner, set up their tent and sit there the whole round.

We had a talk about this in the chat tonight, I know I come out as a cocky, disturbed idiot who don't want change. I'm ALL for change, if it's for the better, which THIS WILL NOT BE. This will, because of how the maps are created and designed be, the death of AA. If you disagree with me, so be it. Denial isn't just a river in India. No matter where you spawn, it would take me, and any other decent player 1-5 seconds to figure out where you spawned, and adapt thereafter. Things wouldn't change gameplay vice one bit no matter how much you want to belive it spanky. It would change the angle of approach to the other team, that's it.

Edit: there are ofcourse more maps, which like these wouldn't benifit from random spawn points, will add comments on those too if needed. And also, how long will the poll be open so i know how long i have on me to get every player on my buddylist on tracker to login to assist and vote it down.

To all you haters of competitive gaming and these opinions of mine, I will back this up. Give me 3 players to prove my points to you and your disbelivers and we will prove you wrong. Things will not change with random spawnpoints.
« Last Edit: Sunday, January 05, 2014, 16:02:56 PM by Ares »

Offline testerKB

• Bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, January 05, 2014, 16:03:13 PM »
Fact is, randomzing spawnpoints will totally kill the competitive side of AA, you might not care.

Who cares about "competetive" players? As Spanky said, what counts is the MAJORITY of players. And majority of players just want to have fun in AA. Not being killed by tweaks and ghosting of "competetive" players like you and your friends.

MAJORITY of community must rule. Thats what Democracy is all about.

P.S. My real name in game is KapitanBomba. But forum rejected my registration with error "keyword pit not allowed" or something like this. WTF is that?? What keyword? My name is not offensive at all, its just CaptainBomb in english.
« Last Edit: Sunday, January 05, 2014, 16:05:15 PM by testerKB »

Offline Ganja

« Reply #24 on: Sunday, January 05, 2014, 16:11:12 PM »

What about make everybody happy? Make randompawnmaps if you want but keep the original maps. Period.
If you feel like creating more fun with random spawns, go for it, but don't remove the normal maps.

Offline testerKB

• Bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday, January 05, 2014, 16:17:12 PM »
What about make everybody happy? Make randompawnmaps if you want but keep the original maps. Period.
If you feel like creating more fun with random spawns, go for it, but don't remove the normal maps.

You cant always make 2 versions of everything. Thats how you bloat the assist package.

You got to make choices. Bravely. Just like with AA3 maps. First everyone complained we dont need any new maps. Now many people play it. Spanky was right again.

Offline Ares

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sunday, January 05, 2014, 16:19:30 PM »
Who cares about "competetive" players? As Spanky said, what counts is the MAJORITY of players. And majority of players just want to have fun in AA. Not being killed by tweaks and ghosting of "competetive" players like you and your friends.

P.S. My real name in game is KapitanBomba. But forum rejected my registration with error "keyword pit not allowed" or something like this. WTF is that?? What keyword? My name is not offensive at all, its just CaptainBomb in english.
Yeah, but seriously dude, Are you slow for real? If the competitive players would leave, it would have a huge effect on the number or players (you know removing 10 apples will make you have less apples to eat) And the game would not have as many people playing it, sure you would have like minded players (without what you call tweaking, which today is all but dead i might inform you ignorant person) There isn't a single tweak, that I don't know about, that can be used to gain an advantage in todays AA ini file. Before there was, but it's gone. We're all in this with the same settings. You are just worse than me at this particular game, im so sorry dude but you really ask for it typing shit like that out. It might sound really good in your head, but just looks like a joke to me. What you think about competitive players was right 5 years ago, when AA was at it's peak, now we're just a couple of guys which all know eachother more or less trying to make the best out of a shitty situation, especially when we're faced with these kinds of polls from someone who is "just tired of the game and how it plays out" instead of changing his own way of playing, yes spanky. You.
« Last Edit: Sunday, January 05, 2014, 16:24:34 PM by Ares »

Offline Ganja

« Reply #27 on: Sunday, January 05, 2014, 16:23:02 PM »
You cant always make 2 versions of everything. Thats how you bloat the assist package.

You got to make choices. Bravely. Just like with AA3 maps. First everyone complained we dont need any new maps. Now many people play it. Spanky was right again.

Adding AA3 maps isn't a choice. It's always good, if you dont like them dont play them. Same with random spawns, there should be possibility to not play them

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

« Reply #28 on: Sunday, January 05, 2014, 16:24:00 PM »
Being creative everything is possible.

Offline testerKB

• Bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday, January 05, 2014, 16:26:13 PM »
Yeah, but seriously dude, Are you slow for real? If the competitive players would leave, it would have a huge effect on the number or players (you know removing 10 apples will make you have less apples to eat) And the game would not have as many people playing it, sure you would have like minded players (without what you call tweaking, which today is all but dead i might inform you ignorant person) There isn't a single tweak, that I don't know about, that can be used to gain an advantage in todays AA ini file. Before there was, but it's gone. We're all in this with the same settings. You are just worse than me at this particular game, im so sorry dude but you really ask for it typing shit like that out. It might sound really good in your head, but just looks like a joke to me. What you think about competitive players was right 5 years ago, when AA was at it's peak, now we're just a couple of guys which all know eachother more or less trying to make the best out of a shitty situation, especially when we're faced with these kinds of polls from someone who is "just tired of the game and how it plays out" instead of changing his own way of playing, yes spanky. You.

As I already mentioned - with typing insults like this, you only proved to be one of those players, devs shall not really care about. Change the game for better and forget about those who abuse it and constrain.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager