Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Question for Eliz  (Read 970 times)

Offline ^^UnDiSpUtEd^^

Question for Eliz
« on: Saturday, December 22, 2012, 12:00:18 PM »
Any way to make server on a Mac os x in the future?

Offline ELiZ

Re: Question for Eliz
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, December 22, 2012, 12:20:31 PM »
There are people that can answer that question much better than me.
Sure, I've taken over the coding for the Assist client, and I have acted like a project manager in pushing the last update and the next one.

But I have no clue how Macs work.
Does the desktop Server(Assist Client) work on running Server on MAC?
Is the ting you asking for the dedicated server on MAC?

From what I can see there is a server-bin, so I assume that Vanilla AA Mac 2.5.0 can start the server.
Problem is that I don’t own a Mac, and have no plans on getting one :)

One option is to run it on VMware and do the testing there. What OS version should I try(remember that it has to be able emulate PowerPC, but run on Intel(VMware)

Offline ^^UnDiSpUtEd^^

Re: Question for Eliz
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, December 22, 2012, 13:00:44 PM »
I have assist client but it doesn't make the server because I think it's a pb fault overall, or ports/router fault as everytime i want to start my server with ports open it says i need to disable external IP to run server in LAN mode. You can have time to look through teamviewer one day so you would be able to check through it. I've got MAC OS X intel version 10.5.8 and AA runs not bad at all. I keep my tv open,you can connect if you have time. I send you id and pass to pm.
« Last Edit: Saturday, December 22, 2012, 13:12:44 PM by ^^UnDiSpUtEd^^ »

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager