Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: only 1 account for aa25assist - same rights for all !  (Read 6486 times)

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
Re: only 1 account for aa25assist - same rights for all !
« Reply #30 on: Sunday, April 13, 2014, 14:01:17 PM »
We're not going to ban any 2nd accounts, just because there are so many and it would be too much work.

The rule is, and to my knowledge has been that way since it was introduced, that you're not allowed to create a new account if you already have one.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Alex

« Reply #31 on: Sunday, April 13, 2014, 14:08:18 PM »
If one of cheats, yes ofc. We don't even share accounts tho, we play on eachothers computer from time to time, with our own accounts. I thought he meant they'll start banning every 2nd account that is linked to another one. Which is what he pretty much wrote.
It all depends on how often. Normally we can tell who actually owns what account and who is just playing on their friend's/sibling's PC. However, if you do it often enough it gets more difficult to tell and a blanket ban might occur. We haven't really had such a situation though.

Offline BiG_SerGiO

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • "I got soul but i'm not a soldier..."
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese Warriors
  • AA: [PTwars]b!6
« Reply #32 on: Sunday, April 13, 2014, 14:42:45 PM »
I haven't played for quite a few months but i do have a lot of accounts.
The rule was imposed in a period with a few cheaters that created accounts every minute. We have created that rule, forced as requirements to complete trainings and that's good in a way, but bad in others. Nowadays we don't have all those issues and even if i like trainings i do think they make us loose more players because not everyone that starts playing the game don't want to spend time training, they just want to shoot people.

Not being able to play undercover so that others don't known them is also bad, imo, i did enjoy to play without none knowing you i was, i could spectate possible cheaters, i could play freely and it felt good.

I do realize this is my opinion and many others may disagree with me, just stating that second or third account not always have to be bad... Maybe with the release of the public background tool, one day, will solve this ;)
"Three things can not hide for long: the Moon, the Sun and the Truth"?
Hmm?

https://vortexservers.com/clients/aff.php?aff=406

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Sunday, April 13, 2014, 15:28:18 PM »
I haven't played for quite a few months but i do have a lot of accounts.
The rule was imposed in a period with a few cheaters that created accounts every minute. We have created
Maybe with the release of the public background tool, one day, will solve this ;)
, one day, will solve this ;)

hopefully to see this happening soon : )

Offline -[unR]BENDAWICH

« Reply #34 on: Sunday, April 13, 2014, 15:46:43 PM »
Hazard ACI tool shouldn't have ever been released to the public just for the fact that most ppl didnt have a fucking clue how to do a proper background check. "oh you have a red linked account, you're banned". Unless you release a watered down version and is not akin to aci's tool. I wouldnt even bother releasing it. Will turn everything into a witch hunt. It doesnt really serve a purpose for assist users anyway, as all banned accounts are barred from making a new account anyway. So it will just show flaws (if any) in your background checks on ppl making new accounts, basically the only upside i can see is that some ppl may be able aid the admins on users that have slipped through the net. If ppl want to play anomymous that should be thier choice. But seeing as if someone asks on this forum for "who is this player linked too" you post it here anyway, which again i dont think is anybodies business unless they are breaking rules or hacking/cheating.
« Last Edit: Sunday, April 13, 2014, 15:53:11 PM by -[unR]BENDAWICH »

Offline Bart!

« Reply #35 on: Sunday, April 13, 2014, 16:07:56 PM »
Exactly what I thought Bendawich, releasing ACI tool was the worst decision the organizations ever made, a lot of incompetent admins thinking they can check whatever they want (playing on the "same IP" when the banned guy already had another IP for 3 months, overlapping logins via different IPs etc. They do not watch it because they think red=bad)

EVERY cheater has ALL their linked accounts banned, simple, if he isn't banned, he isn't caught cheating. Simple as it is, no BG check needed.

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #36 on: Sunday, April 13, 2014, 16:33:19 PM »
hey Bart!
some people may be so stupid, but its not the majority :)
most of the admins do know how to read ACI

Offline Bart!

« Reply #37 on: Sunday, April 13, 2014, 17:26:08 PM »
Experience about the past showed otherwise.

However now there are less admins maybe some will know. Still I think it is not needed since every linked account of a cheater is banned instantly.

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #38 on: Sunday, April 13, 2014, 17:55:51 PM »
I wouldn't be so sure about that.
but ok, it was discussed here. all I did want.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager