Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Need help getting online (MAC)  (Read 1368 times)

Offline Bobb-E

• View Profile
  • AA: Bobb-E
Need help getting online (MAC)
« on: Sunday, October 21, 2012, 10:01:18 AM »
I started my training. Actually got expert on the marksmaship training after going through a couple times and then I'm given the three options: RETRY, SAVE RESULTS, CANCEL.

Then, after trying to save results it just says "Saving your mission results. Updating personnel jacket on server, please wait."

It just kind of sits there blinking "\," " -," " /" for a while.

The upper right hand corner says "OFFLINE 2.5.0 during play.

In the light green command prompts it shows the following when I start playing:

Game V. 2.5.0
Punkbuster clients (V2.243|AO)
Resolved to [204.15.228.214] (0) enabled
Master2.evenbalance.com

I can't move forward in marksmanship training and I can't update personnel jacket or upload any progress.

I'm guessing this simply means the server for that part of the game no longer exists or isn't up anymore?

I'm on an intel based Mac. Is that the problem??

Please help. I really want to play this game.

thanks.

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
Re: Need help getting online (MAC)
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, October 21, 2012, 10:07:48 AM »
Trainings are not needed anymore, in order to be able to play you just need a Battletracker account and the Assist.

As you said, official US Army authorization and tracking servers aren't online anymore as they were shut down as of December 2011.

Offline Bobb-E

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, October 21, 2012, 11:14:30 AM »
Thanks,

Then I guess the only thing missing is how I unlock Mout Mckenna. Is that possible? Are the missions gone?

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, October 21, 2012, 12:17:50 PM »
Thanks,

Then I guess the only thing missing is how I unlock Mout Mckenna. Is that possible? Are the missions gone?
I'm pretty sure you're good to play any map with assist, nothing has to been done to unlock anything.

You might, however, discover that there are no people playing your favorite maps (depending on the map of course).
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Bobb-E

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday, October 22, 2012, 13:57:19 PM »
Hey thanks. Mout McKenna is a Mission (as opposed to a map.) which shows up on the game. It is shown as being locked so can't deploy. The only offline mission I can do right now is Spanky Ville which shows up on the right hand side of "training" tab in 2.5 assist.

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday, October 22, 2012, 14:04:26 PM »
Hey thanks. Mout McKenna is a Mission (as opposed to a map.) which shows up on the game. It is shown as being locked so can't deploy. The only offline mission I can do right now is Spanky Ville which shows up on the right hand side of "training" tab in 2.5 assist.

Since there's no official Army server online anymore, there's no results tracking so launching those missions from the Assist or from the game client is really the same. To launch a mission from the game client, just start it and open the console (tilda key, or the key you're using for it) and type, e.g.

Code: [Select]
start mout_mckenna
Once ingame, open the console again and type a string for any weapon you want to use, e.g.

Code: [Select]
mpcheat class d
(for a M4 rifle with SF equipment)

« Last Edit: Monday, October 22, 2012, 14:07:37 PM by Koden »

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #6 on: Monday, October 22, 2012, 23:01:49 PM »
+1 to Koden for his useful post :)
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager