Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Nat loopback  (Read 2010 times)

Offline Crusader

• View Profile
Nat loopback
« on: Saturday, January 26, 2013, 15:56:32 PM »
Hey,

My crappy provider gave me a modem/router without Nat loopback so i can not connect to my own server since it shows port as closed.  (also can't buy a new router since they won't give me the adsl password) How do i connect to my server? is there some kind of open 127.0.0.1 command in assist? if i try it through armyops.exe i get invalid password.

i just want a assist test server for some software i am writing. so don;t care if other poeple can;t connect. For now i just added my server to the DMZ zone and disabled all firewalls and anti virus. (just to be sure it wasn;t a software problem). Server name is -{DG}- Death Guardians.

X berry

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
Re: Nat loopback
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, January 26, 2013, 16:10:53 PM »
Assist Client server? Server tab, JOIN button.

I can't ping / query my own server too, but if I set a static LAN ip and open the ports on NAT others can join, I can only Join through this button.
If one time u want ur server public, go to Options, 'bind to a single interface', check 'disable check to external IP'.
hope your are doing something awesome, for good use ofc :)
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 26, 2013, 16:12:30 PM by Possessed »
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline Crusader

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, January 26, 2013, 16:15:28 PM »
Thanks!
Unfortunatly i can not use that since i run the server from my AA folder. want full control over my server so i can add new files without the chance of getting banned for new packages i make.

I might start a new server on the same port with this methode and then close it again when i connect. However it would be much easier if i would get some kind of command line ability.
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 26, 2013, 16:17:46 PM by Crusader »

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, January 26, 2013, 16:17:18 PM »
Thanks!
Unfortunatly i can not use that since i run the server from my AA folder. want full control over my server so i can add new files without the chance of getting banned for new packages i make
do u use dedicated server of assist? I can get the server pw, but it may change if you restart the server.
edit: you would still need to send Join to auth, otherwise it kicks for unauthorized login....
you can try Client server in Free Play mode, look at options, disable PB cuz there are directory whitelist.
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 26, 2013, 16:19:51 PM by Possessed »
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Offline Crusader

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, January 26, 2013, 16:20:20 PM »
Yea, it downloaded allot of crap into my clean AA install. i am currenlty reverse engineering all the package so i can return a fake md5 value to i can edit all the packages for my server
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 26, 2013, 16:22:29 PM by Crusader »

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, January 26, 2013, 16:22:40 PM »
assuming you wanna use assist to start your server, it should modify/download some files, try vanilla AA, if ur app doesn't depends of /isfor assist

fake md5(Unreal check)? u mean, joining with modded packages, I got around it before :)
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 26, 2013, 16:24:30 PM by Possessed »

Offline Crusader

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, January 26, 2013, 16:30:04 PM »
haha, i just want to change some things in the auth.u, antipoke.u and hackhunter.u

I found some strange things in anti poke. Just make a antipoke.ini and add bws=true
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 26, 2013, 16:33:51 PM by Crusader »

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, January 26, 2013, 16:31:18 PM »
haha, i just want to change some things in the auth.u, antipoke.u and hackhunter.u
what things :D? share?

Offline Crusader

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, January 26, 2013, 16:35:10 PM »
Well. 1 of the problems with the security feature is that it depond on the mutate command. If i would make a hack i would just simply destroy my own mutate command. (unfortuanlty the devs need to change this).

and to avoid the hackhunter i would just simply set PC.bInitialAuthComplete to false after i am logged in.
This will disable the whole hackhunter scan
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 26, 2013, 16:38:46 PM by Crusader »

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, January 26, 2013, 16:37:20 PM »
Well. the problem with some of the security feature is that they depond on the mutate command. If i would make a hack i would just simply destory the mutate commmand so i don;t send info to the server.
isn't only dependent of the mutate commands, it has its ways to be sent or triggered, but everything can be exploited, finally it is uscript :/
going around that can be done in so many ways :/
do u wanna destroy it through server mods, then make a custom AP?
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 26, 2013, 16:40:42 PM by Possessed »

Offline Crusader

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, January 26, 2013, 16:43:26 PM »
yea, it;s really hard to secure. it seemds like they fixed some crucial bugs in the security already since my last recommendations (scanning for the key in memory). However it can still be bypassed with a tcp steam editor.

I personally wouldn;t use mutate but a tcp actor.

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, January 26, 2013, 16:45:51 PM »
yea, it;s really hard to secure. it seemds like they fixed some crucial bugs in the security already since my last recommendations (scanning for the key in memory). However it can still be bypassed with a tcp steam editor.

I personally wouldn;t use mutate but a tcp actor.
yea things still go insecure, problem is, whos gonna write that uscript tcp link lol
my uscript skills are limited.

Offline Crusader

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, January 26, 2013, 16:54:26 PM »
You can use the excisting tcp client. Or you can use 1 from the other mods.(auth.u already uses 1 if i remember correclty)

But thanks for your help. when i start my server from assist and then join it works :D. now i just hope i won;t get global banned when i add some packages to my server.

Will i be global banned if some unknown package is found? or will i only be banned on my own server?

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, January 26, 2013, 16:57:32 PM »
Assist will warn about packages, also pb whitelist files and directories, plus md5tool and pb file checks(GAMEHACK 80023)

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager