Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Maps for our little kiddies  (Read 6090 times)

Offline Bart!

Re: Maps for our little kiddies
« Reply #30 on: Saturday, February 15, 2014, 11:54:11 AM »
Imo they should be used as training maps for aim, not for tracking. It was the same in 2.8.5 and very popular back then.

Just the mentality seems to have changed...

Offline Ganja

« Reply #31 on: Saturday, February 15, 2014, 12:25:10 PM »

Just the mentality seems to have changed...

Yep indeed. People can easily abuse stats by waiting in a corner with the best soundcard and their legit scrollfire ...

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, February 19, 2014, 06:23:33 AM »
Well I must agree that the maps like pool or any other map without any scenario should be untracked. Anyway, keeping them without tracked will take a space of bandwidth because barely anyone would play them. Look at the current maps that are untracked, are they played? Same thing happened when mods were introduced untracked as well and no one really played them. You can argue but people still play for frag, honor points...maybe you not but there are lots of players, but they just don't admit it.

And you wonder why download takes long...remove maps or at least try replacing with new maps, why not then add maps from Battlefield, MW2,3...its funny because its not how its mean to be, maps should be created not replaced from the other games.

P.s Game was not mean to be realistically full but at least we could try make it somewhere near that. If you want fun, kiddie games why not play COD? why complain? go play mario or something where you can have fun. I don't see how ARMY is meant to be fun. Its up to current devs (ELIZ) how he wants to take the game further but I don't see why we should have fun. If we can bring 2.3 version of AA then why not but as the game develops it should look professional.

And about bridge crossing...just to say new players don't have a chance there. AR is being spammed all across the map, headshot in the first 5 seconds...really? Spam nades as well still dropping, spanky said he will fix the height but it should be very minimum of limitation for nading, maybe available only on the bridge... There are too many people knowing all the bugs, glitches, tips, tricks how to spam nades etc...the only way i see is some construction needs to be done on bridge, somewhere editing the map itself but of course people wont agree with it because they won't know how to kill a person in nading etc where they used to be. People will never agree to change map because they will lose all the tricks that they played before with.

Just my 3 cents.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, February 19, 2014, 06:36:20 AM by ArmyAntiCheat »

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, February 19, 2014, 07:07:18 AM »
BC is under protection.

Offline die$el

« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, February 19, 2014, 07:41:15 AM »
IF YOU DONT LIKE POOLDAY DONT PLAY IT THEN,ADMIN CLOSE THIS TOPIC PLEASE

Offline Ares

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, February 19, 2014, 09:15:11 AM »
spanky said he will fix the height but it should be very minimum of limitation for nading, maybe available only on the bridge... There are too many people knowing all the bugs, glitches, tips, tricks how to spam nades etc...the only way i see is some construction needs to be done on bridge
Wait, wait what? If "fix the height" means putting a roof on the map, disabling dropshots..Spanky is out on very thin ice, especially if it goes for all the maps. Dropshots and spams are a big, even a huge part of the game and is what makes it fun. Don't. touch. anything.
(Just for the record, i don't know any spams nor dropshots on bridge)
« Last Edit: Wednesday, February 19, 2014, 09:18:21 AM by Ares »

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #36 on: Thursday, February 20, 2014, 05:53:22 AM »
as i can see how often players do play on those maps, we should not try tho change anything at all.
just lay back, relax, take a deep breath and - enjoy this wonderful game as it is. at least for now.

Offline Alex

« Reply #37 on: Thursday, February 20, 2014, 14:12:10 PM »
Wait, wait what? If "fix the height" means putting a roof on the map, disabling dropshots..Spanky is out on very thin ice, especially if it goes for all the maps. Dropshots and spams are a big, even a huge part of the game and is what makes it fun. Don't. touch. anything.
(Just for the record, i don't know any spams nor dropshots on bridge)
Yup. Nothing more fun that dying at spawn without even having a chance to fight.

That was obviously sarcasm. However, I don't support changing the maps as I know it would cause outrage among those that use the cheap tactics. The maps just suck.

Also, to be clear, there already is a "roof" on every map. Some are just higher than others.

Offline -Vegeta-

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
  • AA: Vegeta
« Reply #38 on: Saturday, March 08, 2014, 04:53:55 AM »
My suggestion is to remove games like  Yetis Lair, Paint Ball, Glass House & Swimming Pool etc.

These maps are really ridiculous and dont require any skill whatsoever. :down:
I have also seen good players go there and unbelievably up their frag rates (50 kills per hour and more)
No wonder people sit there with 20 kills per hour and more in their statistics - but I actually dont care anymore - doesnt really impress me if the amount of deaths isn't much lower and the ROE is also up like anything.

The Map Aztec should be also removed - it belongs to counterstrike and not to AA - otherwise why not use maps from all sorts of other games - stupid to me

Just my opinion - no offense

[K][K].Lord-of-War   :style:

This has  to be one of the funniest posts I ever saw. Lord you hide on def bridge evey time way back behind the tower, with no support what so ever to your fellow players, and then you claim theres no skill on other maps. Theres no skill in hiding on bridge ondef either. Skill belongs to assault. Now many others will come in and try to defend why they also hide on def and really do have skill. lol. Some of these clowns will actully try and tell me (as they have in the past) That its harder on def (starting to wet my self now) SWo funny this coming from you. Big smiles Vegeta. Mauhau hau hau hauhau hau

PS when you are making a suggestion, you should really make it in the suggestion section.
No wonder I couldnt find it.
« Last Edit: Sunday, March 09, 2014, 14:14:20 PM by No-Nonsense »
Words are great possed but the tune is crap. A condeming fear strikes down
Things they cannot understand. An excuse to cover up weaknesses that lie within Lies
Laying your guilt and pain. On people that had no part in the molding of a life
That creates its destruction. Lies. Right before your very eyes
A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny. Your part in the demise of a life
Lack of comprehension. Thriving on your cliche. Compelled by self-resentment
Reaching into the minds of those that created. The depression in which they
In which they drowned their flesh and blood. Lies. So easy to blame the
Everlasting fear on a pathetic attempt. To justify the ending of life. Lies
Right before your very eyes. A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny
Your part in the demise of a life
Lack of comprehension. Thriving on your cliche. Compelled by self-resentment

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager