Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Just a Thank You  (Read 8503 times)

Offline Go_Cat75

• Hospital GOD
    • View Profile
Re: Just a Thank You
« Reply #45 on: Thursday, February 09, 2012, 02:40:13 AM »
Interesting. I looked in the 2.4.1 source and opening weapon slots isn't even available for tournament mode. Seems like Tournament mode open slots was introduced in 2.5 and then globally in 2.6. Perhaps if we had some 2.6 files, namely AGP_Gameplay.u we could work on it some more. Duplicate their functions.

V2.6.0 AGP_Gameplay.u file

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16681/AGP_Gameplay.u

ini command

[AGP.AGP_GameInfo]
; Type of game play (MILES, Live Fire) - see documentation or use Command Post to adjust
; Force Live Fire: FORCE_Normal
; Force MILES: FORCE_MILES
; USe Map Default: FORCE_None
ForceGameplay=FORCE_None

; When true, bOpenAllWeaponClassSlots will make every weapon class available selectable.
bOpenAllWeaponClassSlots=True

MaxAuthConnections=1

« Last Edit: Thursday, February 09, 2012, 02:48:10 AM by Go_Cat75 »

Offline soupcakes

• no soup for 4 U!
    • View Profile
  • AA: soul
« Reply #46 on: Saturday, February 11, 2012, 14:29:03 PM »
I just wanted to say thanks to jonny and spanky and everybody who helped with 2.5 assist...thanks so much for your work.

when auth died on 2.8.5, i thought that was defnitly end of the AAO i kno and love... and ill admit, even when 2.5 assist was first hittin tracker forums, i had doubts we would get any NEW players, jus figured old die hards like myself at most.... well, needless to say, i stand in my own tracks, i been seeing plenty of new people joining the game, and thats great! simply amazing. Kinda even inspired me to get more, made a couple posts on gamer forums lettin em kno this is back alive.

anyways, just rambling now. Just seriously, thanks to the ones who devoted their time to assist and maps, and thanks to all the players for making this possible.

AA 2.x is growing slowly, but surely. thanks again.
You gotta have a nuclear soul
To melt down all your sorrowful load
And you gotta have a mercury soul
To weigh down any glimmer of gold

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #47 on: Saturday, February 11, 2012, 14:54:21 PM »
Thank you for coming and posting soupcakes. For me personally, it's actions like yours that keep me interested in maps for 2.5. Your gratitude is plenty motivation :)
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Jonnym

« Reply #48 on: Saturday, February 11, 2012, 16:48:53 PM »
It sure is growing, I've been watching the stats on battletracker and it shows slow but consistent growth ever since our system went online. If the trend continues we should start to see 200 people online together in another month.

Offline FDG Stitch

• View Profile
    • Fair Dinkum Gamers
« Reply #49 on: Sunday, February 12, 2012, 00:56:53 AM »
Just in the last week, a half a dozen brand new players on our server and at least that many that we hadn't seen since BF3 was released.

Hoo rah !!!!!!

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager