Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Is AA2 beter than AA4 YES / NO  (Read 14380 times)

Offline Dav3

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
  • AA: Dav3
Re: Is AA2 beter than AA4 YES / NO
« Reply #30 on: Monday, September 16, 2013, 10:33:50 AM »
AA2 is origional, and unique gameplay that makes it awesome.

AA3 and now4 are just too much like COD and BF. More unrealistic, too fast pace, lame graphics and so on and so on.

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Monday, September 16, 2013, 11:44:26 AM »
Aa2 by far is the best game made, but I don't people here is giving aa4 a real chance, by playing it a week or 2 isn't enough time to get use to it

Let me guess when aa2 1st came out everyone loved it the 1st week?????  Lol I think not

Graphics in aa4 are fucking awesome,

Offline alechko1

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Monday, September 16, 2013, 14:26:17 PM »
Let me guess when aa2 1st came out everyone loved it the 1st week?????  Lol I think not

SITREP (7.5.02)
America's Army is experiencing unprecedented popularity! Just prior to its release, the AA website had an average of 750,000 hits/sec. This was merely a premonition of things to come... In the 36 hours of its release, AA:O RECON has been downloaded by several hundred thousand gamers (thanks to all the folks and the gaming community for sharing in this herculean effort!) At its peak, HomeLAN's authentication system has served over 500,000 authentications - averaging 15 every second! Demand for AA:O RECON has been so great that we've increased our game servers by twenty-five percent the past twelve hours (with more on the way)! All this -- and its only been 36 hours! We were prepared for quite a rush -- but who ever thought it would be something of this magnitude! Thanks for all the feedback and support in making this special RECON version so successful! Stay tuned and check back here regularly -- there's much more to come! [Bacchus]

Offline alechko1

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Monday, September 16, 2013, 14:29:16 PM »
SITREP (7.5.02)
America's Army is experiencing unprecedented popularity! Just prior to its release, the AA website had an average of 750,000 hits/sec. This was merely a premonition of things to come... In the 36 hours of its release, AA:O RECON has been downloaded by several hundred thousand gamers (thanks to all the folks and the gaming community for sharing in this herculean effort!) At its peak, HomeLAN's authentication system has served over 500,000 authentications - averaging 15 every second! Demand for AA:O RECON has been so great that we've increased our game servers by twenty-five percent the past twelve hours (with more on the way)! All this -- and its only been 36 hours! We were prepared for quite a rush -- but who ever thought it would be something of this magnitude! Thanks for all the feedback and support in making this special RECON version so successful! Stay tuned and check back here regularly -- there's much more to come! [Bacchus]

Taken from the AmericaArmy site. 500,000 authentication in the first 36 hours. What did AA4 achieve in it's miserable 36 hours? 3 downloads, while one of them was by mistake
« Last Edit: Monday, September 16, 2013, 14:31:36 PM by alechko1 »

Offline Hamish

« Reply #34 on: Monday, September 16, 2013, 14:32:36 PM »
people are too scared to leave their comfort zone of AA2 to give AA4 a decent enough go.
Personally I think the beta is pretty good.

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Monday, September 16, 2013, 15:03:56 PM »
people are too scared to leave their comfort zone of AA2 to give AA4 a decent enough go.
Personally I think the beta is pretty good.

Well stated, there stuck and afraid they might just like it, least there's 3 games to jump around and play instead of being stuck on playing 1

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: Monday, September 16, 2013, 15:21:23 PM »
I think many of you are still getting it wrong, it's Proving Grounds, not America's Army 4. It's a different game. It's not yet as refined as America's Army 2, not it has the same approach. IF anything, one thing i like of how it's running right now, is that it seems that the default server setting is made to continuosly run through several maps, and since there are plenty of servers running on what i guess is the default setting, the server isn't hosting the same mission gameplay 24/7 as i see happening on plenty of AA2 Assist based servers.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #37 on: Monday, September 16, 2013, 15:50:10 PM »
I think many of you are still getting it wrong, it's Proving Grounds, not America's Army 4. It's a different game. It's not yet as refined as America's Army 2, not it has the same approach. IF anything, one thing i like of how it's running right now, is that it seems that the default server setting is made to continuosly run through several maps, and since there are plenty of servers running on what i guess is the default setting, the server isn't hosting the same mission gameplay 24/7 as i see happening on plenty of AA2 Assist based servers.

Good points. It's like saying BF heroes and BF3 aren't same :D

Online Bart!

« Reply #38 on: Monday, September 16, 2013, 17:07:24 PM »
Totally agree.

I must say it got potential actually, but it needs some improvements. Which is normal since this is a beta. But it does have potential. Let's see if the DEVs use this potential.

Offline Ares

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Monday, September 16, 2013, 17:09:42 PM »
This is my opinion, which ofcourse is correct.

People who spent a huge amount of time and effort in the aa2 game, learning every possible way to play it, learned nades, tactics, bugs, exploits, advantages. To use in their own winning, or to prevent some doing them. These people, including myself, can't appreciate the aa3 and aa4 gameplay since it is not part of the same family when it comes to movement, gameplay, sound and feeling. This being said, my conclusion is that people who played aa2 in a less serious level, enjoy the new americas army games more than say, for instance myself. I can't bring myself to get into a game, get serious and have fun (this is how i have fun playing a online fps game) when aa4 is like a completley diffrent game, with a whole other gameplay and feeling. there's no advantage tactics, the maps don't allow it, there's no smart gameplay since you can't hear shit compared to aa2. Being a betatester for aa4 I learned this very early, trying to convice developers of AA4 to lean more towards the old gameplay in aa2 was like trying to scream in outer space (which would be easier to try then to play aa4 in the way you played aa2)

For me, and for the whole community that spent as much time in aa2 as myself, or even more time; aa4 is a total waste of time and money from the developers and the american gouverment.

You all pro-aa4 people can go along and say that it's a really good game and they improved alot of stuff, statistically and ofcourse imo you are dead beat wrong. The amount of players playing aa4, and aa3 which i barely even mention since it was an utter failiure is probably exceeded by the amount of people still playing aa2 through assist.

I miss the good gameplay and friends i made through AA, seeing people trying to keep aa2 alive makes me happy, sure. But it will never be the same again.

Offline zoxee

« Reply #40 on: Monday, September 16, 2013, 17:13:15 PM »
it got potential
it does have potential.
DEVs use this potential.

Seems this game has potential... :bow:
First time hot knifing hash oil, sent me to the moon, zombified. Not a whole lot of fun.

Offline dtruesdale

« Reply #41 on: Monday, September 16, 2013, 17:20:32 PM »

Yes the map rotation needs to be fixed in AA2, I highly agree.  I have tried both and at some point it changes the query port and then is no longer listed after a map change.

Online Bart!

« Reply #42 on: Monday, September 16, 2013, 17:50:21 PM »
Seems this game has potential... :bow:
It's the most important word in this case yes, all fun aside. It is not anything good YET. but it is possible to make it a lot better with some adjustments.

Offline woopty

« Reply #43 on: Monday, September 16, 2013, 22:10:09 PM »
I would say AA2 is better,,,much more layed back,, I myself was a beta tester also. I find that AA4 is alittle fast for me almost like cod,, maybe diff for others as i am old school AA,, I like to chill and hang out have fun.. AA4 you chill ,,you get dropped hahaha !!!! I mean that game does have potential but as for now AA2 is better in my opinion. Its all fun though.. !!!!! HOOAH !!!!!

Offline no.0b

« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, September 17, 2013, 04:06:07 AM »
aa4 is actually a pretty fun game, I myself being an aa2 enthusiast had much fun playing aa4, I found myself dog fighting people just like in aa2, Of course the movement is different, but jumping around corners to shoot someone in the face, is virtually the same in both games.

aa2 will always be the diamond in the rough game that I will always love and enjoy, The game is very unique in its genre of gaming. The movement, the sound, and yes the community for many many years has always been a little more then friendly at times.

aa4 being new and in beta, I gave it a shot feeling much the same way that Ares feels. Not being able to change games because I was so used to aa2 and how amazing and different it was to other FPS games out currently. If you don't like the game at first, try again but instead with some friends from aa2. The game is much much much better when you have friends who are playing with you. The teamwork is virtually identical to that of aa2. I think you will find yourself changing your mind after a few rounds with friends.

That being said, I wouldn't tell anyone to jump the ship on aa2. Aa2 is a great game, and will always be the granddaddy of all aa's now, and in the future.

aa4 breakdown :

Pros -
Teamwork is actually very good. Reviving a teammate so that he may come back to kill the whole enemy team is always a great feeling.

Graphics arent too shabby, maybe a few tweaks to some textures are needed, but other than that its pretty nice.

Everyone is a medic, allowing you to bandage yourself and revive fallen comrades.

No Training required to play certain maps or use a selected gun.

Cons:

Stiff Movement. Coming from aa2 to aa4 you can immediately tell the movement is much stiffer. You cant lean, and thus its much harder to pick your opponent off in close quarter combat around corners. Although, ive heard that they said they may be adding in a lean, im not too sure about it, but I do not believe it will ever match how aa2's leaning and other various subtle movements are.

Sound, yes the sound. It is still possible to use the sound to locate where someone is. I was almost tempted to put this as a PRO, but I feel that aa2's sound is much superior when it comes to pinpointing an enemies location using nothing but their footsteps and meshes rubbing against each other.

Its in beta, few minor bugs are to be expected.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So that is pretty much aa4 in a nutshell, the gameplay IS faster. However, its slightly slower than COD is. You CAN still camp and you CAN take your time. The game is in Beta people, its not finished and there is much tweaking still in the works. But if you can bring yourself to play then I think you will find that it IS a fun game.

To answer your question on whether or not it is better or is not better. That is a very hard question, mostly because the game is not finished. Aa2 has had years of work poured into it and in many ways it was still an unfinished game. aa4 on the other hand is still very much in its early stages and to judge a game when its not in an actually released product would be unfair. All I can say is give it a shot and judge for yourself.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager