Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: IMPROVE YOUr AAO SKILLS BY 300%  (Read 18362 times)

JonnyM

Re: IMPROVE YOUr AAO SKILLS BY 300%
« Reply #90 on: Saturday, August 03, 2013, 05:53:17 AM »
When I used to play AA back in the day i would spend hours every evening playing with my friends from college on TS, The game was about hanging out and having fun back then, I was not interested in gaining an unfair advantage, i did not need hacks, cheats, exploits or tweaks to have fun. Just lots of beer getting pissed up and listening to music as loud as my headphones would let me, I did not even have sound because the music was so load and my accuracy was terrible because i was drunk but still got a frag rate to stay around 1.

Thats why I love AA so much, i reminds me of good times, I don't know whats wrong with some of the people on here.
« Last Edit: Saturday, August 03, 2013, 07:47:37 AM by JonnyM »

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: Saturday, August 03, 2013, 06:06:28 AM »
Thats why I love AA so much, i reminds me of good times, I don't know whats wrong with some of the people on here.

Offline Calevey

• View Profile
    • SASF Clan
« Reply #92 on: Saturday, August 03, 2013, 06:07:41 AM »
Beer and music is still the best possible combination. Too bad beer takes more time nowadays than the game.
- Getting old, cold and slow -

Offline bollie

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: Saturday, August 03, 2013, 06:41:19 AM »
Beer goes perfect with aa!

Offline Ganja

« Reply #94 on: Saturday, August 03, 2013, 07:40:46 AM »
That would be suicide for AA25. So many "pros" use this tweaking and would get all pissed off and possibly leave. We can't really afford to lose any players.

Like Jonny said once, better see the game die, than ruled by tweakers/hackers  :makemyday:

Online Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #95 on: Saturday, August 03, 2013, 09:04:33 AM »
Theres nothing wrong with changing Gamma, Brightness or Contrast(I have calibrated my monitor Spanky).
Can anyone say wich INI tweaks that AREN'T cvar'd give you advantages?
Wich GPU tweaks can give you advantages? all I can think is LOD, wich makes the game looks like a plain piece of pie, just as "r_picmip 3" in some games.
16bpp Wallhack? Nope.

No INI or GPU tweaks can make you better, nor make you headshot everyone.
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline zoxee

« Reply #96 on: Saturday, August 03, 2013, 09:23:53 AM »
Let's stop with the details and put the facts like they really are :

Tweaking gfx / sound / router / inis gives to those who know how to do it many unfair advantages
against those who don't know how to tweak, such as :

- Make night maps brighter / green coloured so you can see from one end of the map to the other.
- Equalize your sound so that you can hear an enemy throw away a banana on the other side of the map.
- See a litle bit further on long range maps, which is not a minor advantage as some say.
- Make fog almost disappear (it's then easy to be accurate from spawn 2 spawn on maps like Mout or Bridge)
- Adjust connection speeds so you will never get flashed or hear the buzz of a grenade.
- Although cvars catch up a lot of things, many loopholes still remain in the ini files to this day.

So for me tweaking the game is simply a sign of weakness and for those who think it isn't,
and pretend that tweaking is simply getting out the best performance out of what they bought
and that this has been done for as long as the game has been out i say this :

As soon as you are able to see / hear further / shoot faster than the game originally permits
you are also a cheater. Period. Or publish the full extreme tweaker guide here and make it
readable from assist so every newcomer can tweak himself to the bone from day one.

Also, tolerating those kind of changes in this particular moment is like shooting ourselves in the foot.
We need more players right ? Well as soon as newbies join, they mostly get raped by some mofos
who shoot out of nowhere. What newbies don't know is that pros are in fact there, but in stealth mode,
which is unfair. Result of this is that many leave after a few games / weeks.

And finally for those who argue that forbiding tweaking would lose us a lot of competitive players,
the other alternative would be to make this a pro's game and prevent people under 80 honor to play.
Which is also nonsense.

Sum up : Either disclose ALL tweaks and make a Manual available for download so that
everyone can play with nvidia night vision  :D, or simply outlaw it once and for all.
« Last Edit: Saturday, August 03, 2013, 09:32:34 AM by zoxee »
First time hot knifing hash oil, sent me to the moon, zombified. Not a whole lot of fun.

Offline krIz+

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: Saturday, August 03, 2013, 10:02:25 AM »
if noobs are lazy to search in google for sound tweaks, then im sorry, in cs tournaments you'r allowed to change your gamma/brightness but most change digital vibrance, coz some monitors are darker than others.

Offline zoxee

« Reply #98 on: Saturday, August 03, 2013, 10:33:12 AM »
Changing gamma / brightness doesn't allow you to see from spawn to spawn on Mout bro
you know that  ;)
First time hot knifing hash oil, sent me to the moon, zombified. Not a whole lot of fun.

Online Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: Saturday, August 03, 2013, 11:21:11 AM »
if I listen to a FM Radio station at 89.90, but I can only get clean sound at 89.91, then I'm a tweaker? :P
btw I don't listen Radio w/e.
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Offline zoxee

« Reply #100 on: Saturday, August 03, 2013, 11:33:33 AM »
than the game originally permits

According to what i wrote earlier, the range on your radio would end at 89.90  ;)
Would you then open the radio and modify the circuits to artificially extend the range ?
« Last Edit: Saturday, August 03, 2013, 11:36:17 AM by zoxee »

Offline Bart!

« Reply #101 on: Saturday, August 03, 2013, 11:37:12 AM »

Tweaking gfx / sound / router / inis gives to those who know how to do it many unfair advantages
against those who don't know how to tweak, such as :

- Make night maps brighter / green coloured so you can see from one end of the map to the other.
- Equalize your sound so that you can hear an enemy throw away a banana on the other side of the map.
- See a litle bit further on long range maps, which is not a minor advantage as some say.
- Make fog almost disappear (it's then easy to be accurate from spawn 2 spawn on maps like Mout or Bridge)
- Adjust connection speeds so you will never get flashed or hear the buzz of a grenade.
- Although cvars catch up a lot of things, many loopholes still remain in the ini files to this day.

- Does anyone really use that? I don't even know about it since I didn't use it myself, but as far as I know you can see good enough without any tweaks, for example on HQ raid, just make sure you see the pixels well and scan your screen for moving pixels. Don't look for visible enemy patterns. That's how you spot enemies.

-These are publically available since 2004 I beleive, and no you do not hear from spawn to spawn, but you can hear pretty far away.

- This is not possible as far as I know, all I do is watch in the corner of my screen, in that way you see a bit further, then aim at the fog where he was, and spray a little bit, certain accusations for no fog will happen.

- I beleive this is always caught by pbss.

- CVARed

- What loopholes? Tell the admins so they can fix them.

Offline zoxee

« Reply #102 on: Saturday, August 03, 2013, 11:42:45 AM »
Concerning fog i'm not talking about the nofog setting, i'm talking about GFX drivers.

Netspeed outside of boundaries is cvared, but you can easily reach the same goal
through hardware, by modifying / adjusting the router's drivers.
« Last Edit: Saturday, August 03, 2013, 12:00:20 PM by zoxee »

Online Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: Saturday, August 03, 2013, 13:09:13 PM »
Concerning fog i'm not talking about the nofog setting, i'm talking about GFX drivers.

Netspeed outside of boundaries is cvared, but you can easily reach the same goal
through hardware, by modifying / adjusting the router's drivers.
PB kick for modded VGA drivers.
why don't ppl help us saying what things can be exploited instead of just coming and spreading words in teh void.

Offline Bart!

« Reply #104 on: Saturday, August 03, 2013, 13:37:09 PM »
PB kick for modded VGA drivers.
why don't ppl help us saying what things can be exploited instead of just coming and spreading words in teh void.
that's mainly because what they say is all detected and not possible anymore without being caught as far as I know.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager