Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: IMPROVE YOUr AAO SKILLS BY 300%  (Read 18365 times)

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Re: IMPROVE YOUr AAO SKILLS BY 300%
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, July 30, 2013, 20:40:28 PM »
have fun

Best thing said in this entire thread.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline krIz+

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, July 31, 2013, 03:28:32 AM »
There is a difference but I wouldn't say it's better. It's just... different. I've played AA on Windows XP and I used to own a X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty. The setup I have now is the best I've had.

You might notice a positive difference. You might like tweaking your audio so you can hear further and in the process destroying quality. You might like to have an advantage over others. My whole point is that it's wrong, unfair and costly to suggest people go out and buy an X-Fi because they'll pwn more. Ridiculous.

AA would be a better game if people played on default settings. Praise allah that Jonny & Possessed have a sense of fairness and try to make this game a better place without tweakers and glitchers.

Here's an idea; buy a hack. It's cheaper than a sound card.
well, if I remember correct, creative dominated in the soundcard market while aa was popular, everyone had it, and you didnt need to "tweak" anything in aa, just change the audio settings to hardware 3d, and put your bass down and treble up. buy a hack? i got my xfi xtreme gamer for 30$ from ebay, not so costly isnt it, tweakers/glitchers, all competitive players are using good sound and stable fps, yea sure its "unfair advantage"[/sarcasm]

Offline Bart!

« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, July 31, 2013, 05:45:15 AM »
still, common sense is worth more than sound. Of course better hearing in game helps, but don't overrate it. If you can at least hear people close enough to you that they will not surprise you the benefit of better sound is exponentially less.

If you can't hear people in a close radius so you get surprised, yes, you need better sound. If not, you need common sense, better sound helps, but doesn't help as much as you seem to mention here. Especially not in public play. In matches it is beneficial of course to hear someone on a further distance and notice the movement stops so you already know where he is camping for you. In public it is not needed because you get so many sounds, enemies everywhere. It's a mess.

I also forgot to mention one thing: killing everyone is not on 1 line with having fun. If you need to do so much effort for a few cheap kills, it will not really please you. The most fun moments are the ones where you get suprised and luck out with a lucky head shot. You don't want to miss those ;)
« Last Edit: Wednesday, July 31, 2013, 05:47:18 AM by Bart! »

Offline krIz+

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, July 31, 2013, 06:19:03 AM »
surely, common sense is needed, top players outsmarting each other with different strats etc.. but we talk about sound here :P

with win7 i cant hear enemies around me 5m away, sometimes i hear them, its weird, so no common sense will help here, sure you know where to expect enemies but its the experience of a certain map.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, July 31, 2013, 13:47:53 PM »
well, if I remember correct, creative dominated in the soundcard market while aa was popular, everyone had it,
I know it was popular. It was a VERY good technology for the day. A lot of games used it and it was supposed to be the future. Unfortunately for creative, CPU's got more powerful and devs opted to use software audio positioning and effects.

you didnt need to "tweak" anything in aa, just change the audio settings to hardware 3d, and put your bass down and treble up.
I think you just proved my point. People that do that are inherently lame and don't care about quality at all. Oddly enough, they don't care about their ears either.

buy a hack? i got my xfi xtreme gamer for 30$ from ebay, not so costly isnt it, tweakers/glitchers, all competitive players are using good sound and stable fps, yea sure its "unfair advantage"[/sarcasm]
You got a good deal then, unless it's an XtremeMusic model, those are like finding blood in the shit that is Creative. Competitive players are tweakers/glitchers and they know nothing about good quality sound. "Unfair advantage" may be a wrong term to describe that but it certainly is a waste of time and money if you seek everything that can make you a better player OTHER than actually playing the game. It's pathetic. It's saddening to think that so many people in AA use these excuses. Sure, I suck in AA but how much of that is because I play with high quality textures and all default settings? Fuck the tweakers that ruin this game.

Offline RyanVDA

« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, July 31, 2013, 15:26:49 PM »
somebody give spanky a snickers!

Offline noobslayer

« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, July 31, 2013, 17:52:17 PM »
somebody give spanky a snickers!

Give him a medal for the things he has done for the community.

Everybody, one day will die, and be forgetten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun, fuck a mundane predictable life working monday to friday with something you derive no pleasure from; just living life out till you grow old and wither away. Find a passion, form relationships, dont be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks, trust me its alot more fun that way.

Dont ever pay people out or put people down. Instead just put yourself up and let the haters do their thing. Id rather be a person thats hated on, than a person that does the hating. A wise man one said...

Offline 1m50ry

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday, July 31, 2013, 18:27:46 PM »
Bart
Fast comp good net sound its like car in f1  common sense aim reflexes thats drivers abilities.

What im saying is that Ferrari is better than Kia.u are saying that Schumacher in Kia can beat me in Ferrari.
2 difirent things.both true.
U are Schumacher of aao so u own even without sound.if its what u wanted to hear.
But for 60 honor noob xfi or onboard is HUUUUGE DIFFIRENCE.and ppl who move to xfi start understand the game.start move difirenret they totaly improve their gameplay by miles.
Than bart try to play onboard for a month vs some vets with sound and than tell me how its overrated.
Aao is sound game and anyone who say its not just dont wajt share his eq settings hahaha

Spanky
Do u use diffirent eq for music?to get best music experience?
In aao ppl use eq to get best gaming experience.
 Sound tweaks = sound settings TOTALY LEGAL CLEAN

Ppl who use macro graphic setings recoil ini mods and call it tweaks are basicaly cheaters.who just hide behind the word tweak

What I posted was info that with better soundcard better headphones and eq u hear more far and more details overall
U say that sc I recomended s shit nd some nonsence about sound quality.
With set I posted the quality will be better than onboard so whats ur point.
U should ve joined this thread with another concrete option.not with ur hate to xfi :-))
« Last Edit: Wednesday, July 31, 2013, 18:29:51 PM by 1m50ry »

Offline krIz+

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday, July 31, 2013, 18:57:23 PM »
spanky, its not like aa have superior ambient sounds that you wanna hear, most maps have zero ambient sounds, so what quality you talking about? even without bass/treble thingy you hear tons times better, totally agree with you that comp players are tweakers/glitchers, but you had to be like one of them, its how it goes a bitter truth :)

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday, July 31, 2013, 19:11:38 PM »
Spanky
Do u use diffirent eq for music?to get best music experience?
No. I listen to audio the way the sound engineer designed it. He/she knows a lot more than I do. I don't have a fully neutral system so I'm not getting original quality/tone but I strive to listen to things as original as I possibly can.

In aao ppl use eq to get best gaming experience.
 Sound tweaks = sound settings TOTALY LEGAL CLEAN

Ppl who use macro graphic setings recoil ini mods and call it tweaks are basicaly cheaters.who just hide behind the word tweak

What I posted was info that with better soundcard better headphones and eq u hear more far and more details overall
U say that sc I recomended s shit nd some nonsence about sound quality.
With set I posted the quality will be better than onboard so whats ur point.
U should ve joined this thread with another concrete option.not with ur hate to xfi :-))

Sound tweaking is the same as graphic settings. The devs didn't design AA so that users would be forced to lower bass and raise treble. The guys that recorded and mastered the sounds for the game know more than all of us on this website combined not to mention their equipment is far superior. It annoys me (and is cheating) when people start adjusting things to gain an advantage when those settings aren't even meant for that in the first place.

krlz, AA has decent sound. The AA devs didn't do a super great job taking advantage of all the enviornmental effects but the quality is pretty nice. Most maps do have ambient sounds if you listen for them, they're not very loud but they are there. I have no problem with people wanting quality and in all honesty, the X-Fi was my first real audio device but looking back, they're overhyped garbage and that's all I'm trying to say. To suggest it because it will make you pwn is misleading. It might work great in AA but most modern games don't even care about X-Fi and Creative makes tons of money on those cards because the components are garbage. Since the XtremeGamer X-Fi, there hasn't been worthwhile things added, they just repackage and market a new model every other year. The SNR might be better but overall the cards are still crap when you compare them with good quality cards even from ASUS. No internal card will be as good as an external audio device due to the EMI/RFI inside of computers. I could go on and on but if you really care about quality, browse over to www.head-fi.org and see their Computer Audio section.

Offline [Majestic]tidididi

« Reply #40 on: Wednesday, July 31, 2013, 23:14:03 PM »
Tweaking is not cheating.

cheating = using exterior applications
tweaking = gaining adventage without using exterior applications

Tweaking sound, graphic, overclocking PC is not cheating. You don't use exterior programs to pimp up your graphic, or to pimp up your sound. You use only drivers.

The same problem with drivers is with mouse drivers. You don't need AHK or other application to create mouse macro.

AND THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS: even the best tweaks do not give you adventage if you can't use it. In FPS video games the most imporant thing is BRAIN. Playing on 4/5 maps you are just retarded. And you can play excellent on that maps, but when you face more experienced player who can play on other or more maps, you are down. Then you start crying about graphic tweaks, "zomfg he use graphic tweaks on open maps tidididi noob kurwa!". No, it's not tweak. You are just UA/IC/MCK/Dusk/Hospital player, without any skill on other maps.

Good luck, get good, have fun. Get lives, game is done for now. You can :wanker: here and paste new pseudo frag movies to bring back the gay memories, it won't help you.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, July 31, 2013, 23:21:06 PM by [Majestic]tidididi »

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #41 on: Wednesday, July 31, 2013, 23:21:08 PM »
tweaking = gaining adventage without using exterior applications

The problem is, gamma/contrast/brightness were NOT implemented to make it so you can see better in a darker map. They weren't even implemented by the devs, just a left-over option from Unreal. They are purely there to adjust your monitor if it's not calibrated. If you use keybinds to change gamma/contrast/brightness per map, you should be banned. The devs and beta testers already did the hard work of testing all the maps and here comes a keyboard cowboy thinking he knows more than them. You don't.

Same for sound. Nothing wrong with you wanting better hardware but when you buy a sound card just to have an equalizer to destroy the quality (and your ears) to jack up the treble, you're basically pushing the envelope and your excuse is "well it's a setting, not a hack".

It's all bullshit. You all should be glad I don't make changes to Assist, you'd be pretty well fucked for all of these settings. If you're looking for an advantage to make up for your skills in a free game, just buy a hack. Quicker & easier and it will make you feel great.

Offline krIz+

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Thursday, August 01, 2013, 03:14:41 AM »
spanky, you are too rested, as you saying we all should play with same hardware, default settings, no headphones, with shitty mouses and crt monitors? coz yo its unfair advantage...

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #43 on: Thursday, August 01, 2013, 03:20:38 AM »
In my opinion, any Modification/Edit/Tuning done outside of ingame settings should be considered unfair.
« Last Edit: Thursday, August 01, 2013, 03:42:01 AM by ELiZ »

Offline proztitute

« Reply #44 on: Thursday, August 01, 2013, 05:57:17 AM »
u should contact kawadji / sickmatic / fntsy / rtn / kixz / electa
for some sick eq's.

xp + extreme gamer + icemat sibera is one of the best in my opninion

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager