Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: IMPROVE YOUr AAO SKILLS BY 300%  (Read 18364 times)

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Re: IMPROVE YOUr AAO SKILLS BY 300%
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, July 30, 2013, 13:38:32 PM »
It might be the "best" in terms of fucking up the engine and playing sounds from across the map. It's not the best for sound quality.

With a good audio setup, you will hear things as they're intended and clearly without fatigue. With lower quality products (ones marketed towards gamers) various sounds are not as pronounced as they should be. They can be muddled, sibilant or just plain absent.

I agree that sound is a very important part of any game, that's a good reason why I never use TeamSpeak or any other VoIP.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline 1m50ry

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, July 30, 2013, 13:56:57 PM »
U agree with me that u can hear better in aao with it so whats the problem.
Every player who play aao every day or in scrims would chose my option where u can hear further and better pinpoint exact sounds in exact directions over overhelming comimgfromallsidesbooom good quality sound.
This discusion belongs to another thread.this is meqnt to show ppl way how u hear better in means of helping u kill enemy.not in means that u go to spct mode close ur eyes and imagine that u r in warzone.

I never said the quality is best but ll hear more things from more far.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, July 30, 2013, 14:01:58 PM »
It's not "hear better in aao", it's simply that if you get a good quality audio system, EVERYTHING is better. Music, videos, all games. You're probably talking about the old Creative technology like EAX and hardware processing where you can tweak everything any which way. That's not right. Get a good system and you don't need to adjust anything but volume.

Offline 1m50ry

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, July 30, 2013, 14:19:30 PM »

I have friends who used Asus cards under w7 and they just never heard as much as I did on xfi.same thing with xp.
Its simply based on experience.
Xfi+w xp u hear better-> sound detail u can pipoint exact sounds from longer distance and with better 3d positioning.
Aao is old game and it works better with older cards.
And ofc u need to apply proper settings which came from playrs who test them for last 13 yaers.
Come with concrete.set of hardware and exact setings and focus on ingame income not on how nice it sounds.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, July 30, 2013, 14:33:31 PM »
Lol guys sound is important why argue about this?of course u need ur brain and aim but  can use ur brain better when u know where e is

Like Bart said, reactions of players are predictable. Especially now with this small community, people learn to know each others gameplay ...

Offline Saltuarius

« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, July 30, 2013, 16:17:41 PM »
make an option to disable shadows serverside like in 2.8.5., this would help in a first step...  :idea:

Offline no.0b

« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, July 30, 2013, 16:26:19 PM »
I have friends who used Asus cards under w7 and they just never heard as much as I did on xfi.same thing with xp.
Its simply based on experience.
Xfi+w xp u hear better-> sound detail u can pipoint exact sounds from longer distance and with better 3d positioning.
Aao is old game and it works better with older cards.
And ofc u need to apply proper settings which came from playrs who test them for last 13 yaers.
Come with concrete.set of hardware and exact setings and focus on ingame income not on how nice it sounds.

lol dont try and argue with Spanky, He also said Brightness and Gamma aren't an integral part of the game. Sound is obviously a very very important aspect of this game. Much like how in real life, how I can hear people walking and pinpoint which direction they are coming from. But I guess that part of the 'realism' escapes Spanky. Who's to say that my soldier has very good hearing? Who's to say my soldier has better eyes and can see in the dark better than most? These are all very real traits that people inhibit, so I see nothing wrong with being able to tweak any settings that a user would want to.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, July 30, 2013, 16:32:52 PM by no.0b »

Offline noobslayer

« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, July 30, 2013, 17:15:08 PM »
make an option to disable shadows serverside like in 2.8.5., this would help in a first step...  :idea:

+1

Everybody, one day will die, and be forgetten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun, fuck a mundane predictable life working monday to friday with something you derive no pleasure from; just living life out till you grow old and wither away. Find a passion, form relationships, dont be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks, trust me its alot more fun that way.

Dont ever pay people out or put people down. Instead just put yourself up and let the haters do their thing. Id rather be a person thats hated on, than a person that does the hating. A wise man one said...

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, July 30, 2013, 17:21:58 PM »
He also said Brightness and Gamma aren't an integral part of the game.
They aren't. Feel free to PROVE me wrong. To prove me wrong you would have to be an established designer (preferably having gone to school for it) with equipment as good or better than the AA devs (this is an issue because we don't know if they had IPS panels or calibrated screens) have and have issues with the game's graphics on default settings. Then and only then you would have a valid case.

Sound is obviously a very very important aspect of this game. Much like how in real life, how I can hear people walking and pinpoint which direction they are coming from. But I guess that part of the 'realism' escapes Spanky.
Again, I've already agreed on this point. I agree so much that I never enter VoIP servers while playing a game. It's an important aspect in a digitally immersive environment.

Who's to say that my soldier has very good hearing? Who's to say my soldier has better eyes and can see in the dark better than most? These are all very real traits that people inhibit
I can agree here. Genetics are different for everybody. I don't know what the percentage of variability is but I'm sure there's a testable difference. It also varies with age.

so I see nothing wrong with being able to tweak any settings that a user would want to.
Ah yes, it always comes back to an excuse to push the limits of tweaks and binds to get an advantage that someone else doesn't have. Here's the thing; tweaking audio settings, graphic settings and ini files are NOT part of military training. If there was a weapon attachment or device that picked up audio via directional mic or ultrasonic sounds that required training and settings adjustment then you might have a valid argument. Unfortunately, your argument fails at the point where you use it as an excuse to gain an advantage.

My whole point in posting/flaming in this thread is to get people to realize that there's more to games than installing an old operating system with an old audio card to gain an advantage. It's pathetic. If you want good audio, look for simplicity. Get away from Creative, Logitech, Turtle Beach and all the other companies that target products at gamers. I've gotten equally great audio on Windows XP, Vista, 7 and now 8. It's because I have a driverless audio system for which I only change the volume, nothing else. It's not high end by any means but if I could, I would wager that you'd hear details on it you never knew existed in music, video and games.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, July 30, 2013, 17:32:07 PM by Spanky »

Offline krIz+

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, July 30, 2013, 18:18:34 PM »
spanky, either you never heard what aa sounds like on xp with xfi/audigy, or you just trolling. i tried few audiocards and never had better sound in aa like with xfi/audigy on winxp, you just cant hear that on win7/8, no direct 3dsound support, and no modded driver and tweaks will help, on xfi with xp i could hear perfectly, directional, distantly, i always had dual boot with winxp, not anymore :D

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, July 30, 2013, 18:25:32 PM »
There is a difference but I wouldn't say it's better. It's just... different. I've played AA on Windows XP and I used to own a X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty. The setup I have now is the best I've had.

You might notice a positive difference. You might like tweaking your audio so you can hear further and in the process destroying quality. You might like to have an advantage over others. My whole point is that it's wrong, unfair and costly to suggest people go out and buy an X-Fi because they'll pwn more. Ridiculous.

AA would be a better game if people played on default settings. Praise allah that Jonny & Possessed have a sense of fairness and try to make this game a better place without tweakers and glitchers.

Here's an idea; buy a hack. It's cheaper than a sound card.

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, July 30, 2013, 18:31:34 PM »
I really never use meme, but i think it fits.

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, July 30, 2013, 18:57:56 PM »

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, July 30, 2013, 18:59:59 PM »
Top notch Koden.

Offline denial.

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, July 30, 2013, 20:22:36 PM »
Sound really is important in games such as AA. Its one of the reasons why I love it so much. In a tight match it really can be the difference between winning and losing. Perfect example is being able to hear a north rush on pipeline, could mean a free round if you can categorically say 4 players are 100% about to run through this small door.

That being said, I see no point in spending any real time or money investing into better sound at the moment. Let's face it, at the moment the only reason anyone would need to invest is to gain a small advantage in public play - which is kind of sad in my opinion. I saw my old team mate say that sound is less important whille pubbing and although he got lynched for it I completely agree, public play is more about honing your game sense and practising being able to predict what an opponent is going to do without relying on sound. If anything it becomes more useful without amazing sound. Apart from anything, the flashes and nades are so overpowered at the moment, i spend the majority of every round either completely blind or deaf (they seriously need to change) so being able to play without sound is even more important now.

If we were just about to play qualifiers for EMS then I'd say yeah, any advantage is worth the investment. But at the moment I'd say just avoid the hackers, put up with the flashes and have fun. Too many losers camping out the last minute of a round to preserve a FR or rage quitting after 2 deaths.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager