Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Hugepocket loss  (Read 1998 times)

Offline elementx+

Hugepocket loss
« on: Thursday, January 17, 2013, 14:42:25 PM »
Anyone has any idea what can coz this problem? On the server my ping is normal(at least it says it is) but my pocket loss is huge. i used stat net command to chekc my pocket loss and every minute or so my pocket loss went crazy for 10-15 seconds makin the game unplayable. Can it be caused by any programms? maybe viruses? coz my internet connections seems fine.

i even tried to ping the server with cmd end it said 0 pockets lost. but if i m plaing my pocket loss still high... :(
« Last Edit: Thursday, January 17, 2013, 14:46:04 PM by elementx+ »

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
Re: Hugepocket loss
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, January 17, 2013, 16:02:09 PM »
for a lot things google can help to understand
here a link might help you.
http://techfleece.com/2011/03/10/how-to-check-for-packet-loss-between-your-router-and-computer-connection/
Good LUck m8

Offline CheeseyTron

« Reply #2 on: Thursday, January 17, 2013, 16:20:05 PM »
Try pingplotter and see exactly what is causing your packetloss.

Offline elementx+

« Reply #3 on: Friday, January 18, 2013, 04:36:50 AM »
for a lot things google can help to understand
here a link might help you.
http://techfleece.com/2011/03/10/how-to-check-for-packet-loss-between-your-router-and-computer-connection/
Good LUck m8
i ve done this one already. no pocket loss at all. (so there is no problems between my router and my pc)

Offline zoxee

« Reply #4 on: Friday, January 18, 2013, 07:47:40 AM »
pocket loss... need some ca$h ?  :D
First time hot knifing hash oil, sent me to the moon, zombified. Not a whole lot of fun.

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #5 on: Friday, January 18, 2013, 08:19:44 AM »
do you have the possiblity to try aa25 on other computer in same LAN?
or over the air?
and sorry for that again, but have you completly deinstalled aa2, also hidden folders. download new and try again.
if you are not dedecting packet loss with the specials tools for it, then it must be a part of the programm. have you windows essentials installed and active? if so, deactivate it and try again.
more i dont know at the moment. but do test this please.

Offline True-Grit

« Reply #6 on: Friday, January 18, 2013, 11:37:51 AM »
pocket loss... need some ca$h ?  :D

Gee, if i get some pocketloss can i get some $ pleeezzzz.  :P

methinks it packetloss :)
« Last Edit: Friday, January 18, 2013, 11:40:04 AM by True-Grit »

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
« Reply #7 on: Friday, January 18, 2013, 12:05:28 PM »

You mean Packet loos so you get warning from PB summtimes.
try close all firewalls in windows ore security software. but more i gess the  connaction between you and provider is not stable.
i ve done this one already. no pocket loss at all. (so there is no problems between my router and my pc)

Offline panther-

« Reply #8 on: Friday, January 18, 2013, 15:53:33 PM »
90% of the time from my experience with packet loss, and I had my fair share, it's the modem or the infrastructure / connection to the supplier ( NOT THE SUPPLIER, the company that connects you to it ).
Give 'em a phone call they'll check what's wrong, most of the time it's the modem which can be replaced easly, if you do it on your own you still need to contact the company that connected you so they'll set the connection up via phone. ( like you checked , usualy there's no ploss between the comp and router, directly or wifi , hence, not the computer and not the router ).

gl

Offline elementx+

« Reply #9 on: Saturday, January 19, 2013, 05:49:12 AM »
90% of the time from my experience with packet loss, and I had my fair share, it's the modem or the infrastructure / connection to the supplier ( NOT THE SUPPLIER, the company that connects you to it ).
Give 'em a phone call they'll check what's wrong, most of the time it's the modem which can be replaced easly, if you do it on your own you still need to contact the company that connected you so they'll set the connection up via phone. ( like you checked , usualy there's no ploss between the comp and router, directly or wifi , hence, not the computer and not the router ).

gl

thanks for the ideas. if i expirience this issue again ill do what you ve just described.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager