Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: HOSPITAL  (Read 86801 times)

Offline General_alkos

HOSPITAL
« on: Wednesday, January 31, 2024, 18:58:12 PM »
simple but complicated for some!
it concerns the hospital, rpg, assist admin, returning 203 instead of rpg.

I want a full server hospital like it used to be.. in the past people enjoyed playing hospy all day and night, but now max three sets and change map,then the server is empty.why would 2 rpg destroy the map?the game with 203 gives an even game in the hospital, not that I have a score with rpg 30--3.
this will tell normal people everything!!

so please return 203 to us!!
thx bok

if the assist admins turn a deaf ear again... I'm asking the players to give me support for the hospital, because I don't like dictatorship!
let the assist admin put votes 203 or rpg! let the players decide..
« Last Edit: Friday, February 02, 2024, 02:45:04 AM by General_alkos »

Offline Mr_Gunman-GB

Re: HOSPITAL
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, February 01, 2024, 07:36:03 AM »
#Whocares.

Offline General_alkos

« Reply #2 on: Thursday, February 01, 2024, 09:35:11 AM »
Players who play and love hospital
I least expected an answer from you, let alone something smart

Offline Troeca

• Playing America's Army since 2006
    • View Profile
  • AA: Troeca
« Reply #3 on: Friday, February 02, 2024, 06:26:42 AM »
simple but complicated for some!
it concerns the hospital, rpg, assist admin, returning 203 instead of rpg.

I want a full server hospital like it used to be.. in the past people enjoyed playing hospy all day and night, but now max three sets and change map,then the server is empty.why would 2 rpg destroy the map?the game with 203 gives an even game in the hospital, not that I have a score with rpg 30--3.
this will tell normal people everything!!

so please return 203 to us!!
thx bok

if the assist admins turn a deaf ear again... I'm asking the players to give me support for the hospital, because I don't like dictatorship!
So this is the reason why people stopped playing Hospital on Assist?
I have been wondering for a while why such a popular map is not played anymore.
I didn't realize that there was changes in weaponry and thought that this community just doesn't like it anymore.

I really miss playing Hospital like back in the old days. Is there something we can (or devs want to) do about this?
#ICareALittle :) Thanks

Offline HellB0Y

« Reply #4 on: Friday, February 02, 2024, 08:46:03 AM »
So this is the reason why people stopped playing Hospital on Assist?
I have been wondering for a while why such a popular map is not played anymore.
I didn't realize that there was changes in weaponry and thought that this community just doesn't like it anymore.

I really miss playing Hospital like back in the old days. Is there something we can (or devs want to) do about this?
#ICareALittle :) Thanks

This post got me curious as my impression was that Hospital was one of the more popular maps to this day. I ran some numbers and it would appear that SF Hospital is the second most popular map played across all tracked servers (which is pretty much all of them, anyway) only surpassed by Pipeline SF (which checks out).

Top 4 time played (As of 02/02/2024 since April 2023)
SF Pipeline: 2362 hours played
SF Hospital: 1901 hours played
Urban Assault: 1326 hours played
SF CSAR: 958 hours played

Anyhow my opinion is that it is preferable to prioritize taking out one individual with a projectile weapon vs everyone that has a C class, but at the end of the day I'll play Hospital with or without 203's so it doesn't matter much to me.

From what I gather the change happened nearly a decade ago, my question would be even if the vast majority of remaining players were in favor of the return of 203s (remains to be seen) is there anyone left with the know how to make that change?.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #5 on: Friday, February 02, 2024, 10:27:08 AM »
This post got me curious as my impression was that Hospital was one of the more popular maps to this day. I ran some numbers and it would appear that SF Hospital is the second most popular map played across all tracked servers (which is pretty much all of them, anyway) only surpassed by Pipeline SF (which checks out).

That's some interesting numbers!
In fact, Pipeline would probably have a few more hours if you considered the other variants of it (regular Pipeline, AA3 Pipeline, and mAAp Pipeline). Though I've got a feeling only the regular one gets any meaningful amount of hours.

From what I gather the change happened nearly a decade ago, my question would be even if the vast majority of remaining players were in favor of the return of 203s (remains to be seen) is there anyone left with the know how to make that change?.
Thank you for pointing out the obvious! So many seem to think these changes are trivial to make!

I'm pretty sure I've mentioned this before in other threads over the years, but there really isn't anyone here that deals with maps anymore. Hell, I don't even know if the software would run on modern Windows (7/8/10/11).

And even if we get over the map change aspect (someone might have the old file saved somewhere, after all), that still leaves distribution. I think Possessed still knows how to do that. But how often do you guys see him around? And I'm sure as time goes on, more and more of this knowhow will be lost.

So all in all, this is something that would take a lot of time and effort to change. And we simply do not have the bandwidth to tackle it!
In hindsight, we might have been better off keeping both versions of Hospital (e.g "Modern" and "Classic"). But that's not really helpful now when a lot of time has passed.

Let's not forget that this change was made because there was a push from the community to make a change. Maybe the community sentiment has changed on this - I don't know. But what I do know is that the scope and capability of the team running things has certainly changed.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline General_alkos

« Reply #6 on: Friday, February 02, 2024, 11:07:52 AM »
HellB0Y-quoting you-Anyway, my opinion is that it's better to prioritize killing one individual with a projectile weapon against everyone who has a C class..
That's what it's all about, do you know how many times I've killed 7 players with one rpg, and most of them I kill 2-3 with each single shot.
With 203, you can never have as many free kills as with rpg. That's why it would be fair if someone could bring back the old version of the hospital and it will be played more.

Maybe spanky has a backup, maybe possessed or nick know how to restore it.

In any case, thanks to everyone who makes an effort and returns to 203

Offline General_alkos

« Reply #7 on: Friday, February 02, 2024, 11:17:13 AM »
And you're right tedi_medi-looking back it would have been better if we had left two versions of the hospital. (if I remember that's what Vanoke suggested)
Maybe try to contact Spanki? (I saw that he was at the shoot box a week or two ago).

Can I contact pit if it's not a problem?! :D :D :D :D, or better peace..
Seriously, thanks for your effort if anything can be resolved.
Bok

« Last Edit: Friday, February 02, 2024, 11:43:07 AM by General_alkos »

Offline Troeca

• Playing America's Army since 2006
    • View Profile
  • AA: Troeca
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, February 04, 2024, 16:16:13 PM »
I ran some numbers and it would appear that SF Hospital is the second most popular map played across all tracked servers (which is pretty much all of them, anyway) only surpassed by Pipeline SF (which checks out).
Gosh, it is really nice to have active devs still participating in this project! Thanks once again. Your statistics clearly show that my view is quite biased. I just checked that SF Hospital is my 9th most played map so maybe I just play at wrong times :D

Thank you for pointing out the obvious! So many seem to think these changes are trivial to make!
I'm pretty sure I've mentioned this before in other threads over the years, but there really isn't anyone here that deals with maps anymore. Hell, I don't even know if the software would run on modern Windows (7/8/10/11).
That's maybe because you guys made Assist happen :up: I couldn't even believe we are playing this game in 2024 after original developer dropped their support years and years ago. Because you made all this playable again some "minor changes" to one map do not sound so hard to make. However, I understand your point very well. Changing anything in decades old unsupported software must be damn hard job to do (and I don't even know how active our developers are nowadays).

Offline General_alkos

« Reply #9 on: Monday, February 05, 2024, 13:07:16 PM »
If there are any changes, please assist admins to notify us.

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2024, 13:40:26 PM »
Alkos, what do you mean? if someone has the file :)

For sure i have the original SFHospital map from 22nd of April 2009. let me know if some one needs it

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2024, 14:47:01 PM »
But the map itself isn't the problem. It's not so easy to change it, because there is a checksum over all maps. If one map has a wrong "MD5" value, it will be replaced immed. So Possessed could change that for sure, but i would say let it be. Maybe a try to change will result in a mess.

Offline General_alkos

« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2024, 15:35:07 PM »
I knew that you had everything about aa2  :up:
Now all that remains is for the assistant admin to return the old hospital??
Join forces with possessed, other assist admins and solve it..
Thank you

Offline Alex

« Reply #13 on: Monday, February 19, 2024, 14:14:33 PM »
The changes to SF Hospital were made because the community requested it at the time. The thinking being that the map was already so ambush sided that removing 203 would even it out a bit more. No more camping roof with a 203 waiting for the vip to run out, you actually have to aim and shoot now.

This is exactly what we did and the community voted to remove the 203.

We could revert to the original 2.5 version of the map without needing the editor, but that would also remove the extra slots we added to the map (currently 32) back to I believe 26.
We also fixed a few glitches on the map, such as the ledge on west wing roof making prone players invisible to the enemy while still being able to shoot out. Reverting to the original map is not a good solution.
« Last Edit: Monday, February 19, 2024, 14:17:46 PM by Alex »

Offline General_alkos

« Reply #14 on: Monday, February 19, 2024, 17:59:38 PM »
the community did not vote, but the same players voted more than once!!
Why does someone always have the authority to change hospitals and not even play hospital?!!
I have been here for 20 years and I know everything that happened..
I say that it is good to put 203 instead of rpg, and I play the hospital the most of all.
And you do whatever you want, because a couple of assist admins, who don't play aa2 at all, ask you everything anyway.

p.s
Ultimately, ask the players what they want, not your opinion, who don't play aa2 at all!
let them vote..

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager