Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Hall of shame  (Read 3239 times)

Offline Dav3

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
  • AA: Dav3
Hall of shame
« on: Tuesday, August 06, 2013, 10:25:52 AM »
Where is it?

I know im not the only one curious on more details of the recent crack down :D

I truly think its sad the forums were shut down and "list" apparently removed.

This is a relatively small community and should be transparent as possible. It would be good to know, as a player, potential player that there is good things like this happening

We should shame these people, and share their info - ie ip addresses, mac and so on. So if they come back under new account we will know, at least to keep an eye out. Plus its just nice to know who was cheating.

Offline Darkjello769

Re: Hall of shame
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, August 06, 2013, 10:44:59 AM »
I agree. I think the list needs to be put back... Lock the threads if you want so people cant post in it. But at least let it be visable.

JonnyM

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, August 06, 2013, 10:53:45 AM »
I think it would be ok to put the list back as read only. There is too much abuse and general cheater bashing otherwise.

Offline Dav3

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, August 06, 2013, 10:57:37 AM »
I think it would be ok to put the list back as read only. There is too much abuse and general cheater bashing otherwise.

Cheaters should be bashed. But that is besides the point. If people go off behaving poorly, ban them. Simple.

Or make it a locked thread.

Keeping it "hush hush" for that reason is poooooooooooooor, and certainly not good for the community.

I hope when they detected these bots they left it for a few days at minimum, a few weeks would have been best. To ensure they detect everyone who was using it and give 0 time for word of mouth to spread for them to stop using.

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, August 06, 2013, 11:03:50 AM »
Cheaters should be bashed.

I disagree, bashing someone for something wrong he has done doesn't make it any better and doesn't add any positive discussion to these forums (which already had way too many of em) and for the same reason i hate to have to lock a thread because it has derailed completely or it has gone into flames/insults . I'm pretty sure there are loads of other forums or newsgroups where you can bash em, this is not the best place for it.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, August 06, 2013, 11:06:21 AM by Koden »

Offline Darkjello769

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, August 06, 2013, 11:05:52 AM »
Cheaters should be bashed. But that is besides the point. If people go off behaving poorly, ban them. Simple.

Or make it a locked thread.

Keeping it "hush hush" for that reason is poooooooooooooor, and certainly not good for the community.

I hope when they detected these bots they left it for a few days at minimum, a few weeks would have been best. To ensure they detect everyone who was using it and give 0 time for word of mouth to spread for them to stop using.

Agree 100%. I think far more people would have been caught if this was allowed to run quietly for at least 2 weeks. But either way im glad it works. My nsd premium still works though.

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, August 06, 2013, 11:09:19 AM »
Agree 100%. I think far more people would have been caught if this was allowed to run quietly for at least 2 weeks.

I wouldn't think so.

JonnyM

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, August 06, 2013, 11:12:17 AM »
We have been running the new AC system silently and gathering data for 1 month. You may not have known that, I feel its safe to share that intel.

Offline Dav3

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, August 06, 2013, 11:12:54 AM »
I disagree, bashing someone for something wrong he has done doesn't make it any better and doesn't add any positive discussion to these forums (which already had way too many of em) and for the same reason i hate to have to lock a thread because it has derailed completely or it has gone into flames/insults . I'm pretty sure there are loads of other forums or newsgroups where you can bash em, this is not the best place for it.

Horrible reason.

The only thing that is apparent from that is lack of forum moderation. If you moderate your forum you wont have abuse. Ban the bad apples.

Why wouldn't you shame them? Why wouldn't you want it to detour people from future hacking? I cant think of a single logical reason to hold the info back and keep it hush hush.

Only makes things more shady.

Offline Dav3

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, August 06, 2013, 11:13:17 AM »
We have been running the new AC system silently and gathering data for 1 month. You may not have known that, I feel its safe to share that intel.

Thats awesome to hear! Very good call.

Offline Darkjello769

« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, August 06, 2013, 11:14:08 AM »

O wow, I thought it was only like with the recent patches like 3 days ago.

JonnyM

« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, August 06, 2013, 11:14:24 AM »
We certainly have to be careful about giving away clues as to how the system works.

JonnyM

« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, August 06, 2013, 11:16:54 AM »
There are not actually that many hackers on this game, but the ones that do - they cause serious problems, and their smart, and they have more time than I do. its a tough battle we are destined to lose I'm afraid to say.

Offline Darkjello769

« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, August 06, 2013, 11:17:39 AM »
We certainly have to be careful about giving away clues as to how the system works.

Those pics in that folder on my pc they are 18+

Offline Dav3

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, August 06, 2013, 11:20:57 AM »
There are not actually that many hackers on this game, but the ones that do - they cause serious problems, and their smart, and they have more time than I do. its a tough battle we are destined to lose I'm afraid to say.

This is why you need to shame them, the more freely available info the better. Enable the community to know them by name and taint their reputation.

0 tolerance!

:style: :rtfm:

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager