Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Greetings  (Read 24735 times)

Jared

Re: Greetings
« Reply #60 on: Wednesday, December 28, 2011, 19:29:18 PM »
Berry probable knows how the auth works... i wonder if you could get in touch with ghost that might have berry's contact, i found their old forums, http://dg.nexuz.net/forums/

I also agree with nate, we tried everything for aa 2.x and everyone seemed to be in to make it work, but then about a month later everyone was like fuck it.

I think we would need headshot community to get at least 100+ in member support...and who know's the dann man might come back :D

I could probable get old lc members back in if i see thing's pick up around here. Also someone might try and contact Grinder.... last time i talked with him he was pissed at me but someone else could try :) he should have good knowledge about how things work auth wise
« Last Edit: Wednesday, December 28, 2011, 19:35:36 PM by Jared »

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #61 on: Wednesday, December 28, 2011, 19:42:36 PM »
Also someone might try and contact Grinder....

He told me at one time that he had the editor version between 2.7 and 2.8. Before everything got encrypted when compiled. He provided proof as well... UnrealEd with Steamroller loaded (then called SurlyBass).

It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Jared

« Reply #62 on: Wednesday, December 28, 2011, 19:49:26 PM »
Yeah that's the grinder i'm talking about, back when i played for _[Ancients]. He showed me a shit ton about the game... how hit boxes work, etc he use to be a beta and he knew that game inside and out.

Jonnym

« Reply #63 on: Wednesday, December 28, 2011, 21:27:52 PM »
You guys sound like you want to do something spectacular with the engine, I was only planning to bring back Auth, Honor and Stats tracking. I all ready have all the knowledge and tools to do that. Build a SQL database to store user accounts and use a combo of password and Uscripts to authenticate users logging into server. It would however only work on servers running on 2.5Assist Server.
I would need help to build a web-page to display the stats, PHP coding to access the database.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #64 on: Wednesday, December 28, 2011, 21:57:32 PM »
You guys sound like you want to do something spectacular with the engine
Well it would be nice to fix things up or even use a newer version of the game and port it over to Linux & Mac. As well as fixing mAAp up. Small steps though, not some 2-year project that has no beta releases.

I would need help to build a web-page to display the stats, PHP coding to access the database.
Definitely something I could help with. But, for me to participate/help, I would need to see proof of a significant user base and desire from the community.

Jared

« Reply #65 on: Wednesday, December 28, 2011, 22:14:44 PM »
I could also help develop the web app for stats etc but I'm with Nate on the community support

Offline Alex

« Reply #66 on: Wednesday, December 28, 2011, 22:37:06 PM »
So 2.5 is completely down? There are servers up but I can't log in.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, December 28, 2011, 22:39:39 PM by KiLLaMaN »

Jonnym

« Reply #67 on: Thursday, December 29, 2011, 02:24:59 AM »
need to use assist, normal aa interface will not work anymore.

Offline [Nifty]-mister

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: Thursday, December 29, 2011, 08:23:09 AM »
So 2.5 is completely down? There are servers up but I can't log in.

Yeah bro i have never stopped using assist is the besti thing that could happend to 2.5

@nate and every1 else that is interested in helping the comunity:

I think that if all you do is talking and talking nothing good will come out of this, if you dont start making betas or showing some work people wont get interested because there will be nothing to hold them back here, and they will end up moving to other games or AA3...

I personally will put my 2cents playing the game we will all love and that bring us all back together.

@killa hit me on steam if you want to grab a quick 2.5 game just the 2 of us.

BlueBlaster: Dann called him a vertically-​challenged nigger.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #69 on: Thursday, December 29, 2011, 13:54:27 PM »
I think that if all you do is talking and talking nothing good will come out of this, if you dont start making betas or showing some work people wont get interested because there will be nothing to hold them back here, and they will end up moving to other games or AA3...
Point taken.

Work is slow right now, I have a fair bit of free time. I know a decent amount of PHP and MySQL. If that's the route you want to go then let's talk and set something basic up. I'm willing to do the inital work to get AA functioning again, after that I'll have to wait and see how many people actually play before doing much else. One thought though before I forget, if you're doing your own Auth system, you won't have to have "Normal" and "mAAp" modes anymore :)

*EDIT*
By the way, I have the DRAAT server scanner PHP code. The crucial file that scans servers and pulls information for tracking. VirtualKiller gave it to me a while back :)
« Last Edit: Thursday, December 29, 2011, 14:05:08 PM by Spanky »

Offline [K][K].Zipferurtyp

« Reply #70 on: Thursday, December 29, 2011, 13:59:58 PM »
need to use assist, normal aa interface will not work anymore.

really? i still go inside with normal AA interface????
only for MAAP maps i need assist

Offline Alex

« Reply #71 on: Thursday, December 29, 2011, 14:26:08 PM »
doesnt draat require u to add server i.ps into the tracker instead of it scanning the game and getting stats of all the (honor) servers?
Yeah, but that wouldn't be too difficult with the few servers 2.5 actually still has.

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: Thursday, December 29, 2011, 14:26:54 PM »
really? i still go inside with normal AA interface????
only for MAAP maps i need assist

If i am correct the browser still works but it asks you to login (which isn't possible anymore) therefore you should join a server by console command (not that great). AA25 assist is pretty handy and has a better GUI than the official client (which is many years old anyway). I discovered that the assist also checks for the right UDP/TCP ports to be open if you want to host a server.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #73 on: Thursday, December 29, 2011, 14:27:47 PM »
doesnt draat require u to add server i.ps into the tracker instead of it scanning the game and getting stats of all the (honor) servers?

I think that was just because of Scabies' hosting firewall. The servers had to be added to the exception list. Either way Killaman is right.

Jared

« Reply #74 on: Thursday, December 29, 2011, 15:14:55 PM »

i think all trackers work this way

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager