Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Friday Night  (Read 7268 times)

Offline Ganja

Friday Night
« on: Thursday, March 20, 2014, 06:55:30 AM »
Hello forum users and AA players,

I know this has been done/tried a few times before, but now i'd like to bring it back.

Some official AA servers have been provided by assist admins. Those servers have a very good ping for all the players. I want to propose something similar to a friday night fight.

We all gather together on the server to play some of the forgotten maps of AA, or just those maps that are never played in public anymore, like tunnel, HQ raid, swamp, farm, arctic, village etc etc.

I'd like to start the night on the server around 7-8PM GMT+1. I have no idea if people are going to join or not, so if you're in for it, please give some feedback on this topic.

By the way, being an active player during the night too, same thing can be done for American players.
I just need some feedback to see if people are interested or not.

Have a good day ladies

Offline die$el

Re: Friday Night
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, March 20, 2014, 10:51:00 AM »
very nice..

Offline BiG_SerGiO

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • "I got soul but i'm not a soldier..."
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese Warriors
  • AA: [PTwars]b!6
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, March 20, 2014, 11:03:04 AM »
Seems great idea ;)
"Three things can not hide for long: the Moon, the Sun and the Truth"?
Hmm?

https://vortexservers.com/clients/aff.php?aff=406

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, March 20, 2014, 12:15:03 PM »
If I don't have anything better to do on my Friday night, I don't see why not.
And you guys probably know well enough that I don't have any social life :D

<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline caelum

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, March 20, 2014, 13:11:06 PM »
Not bad idea at all, annoying when people just play hospital, ua, pipe etc. So if i don't have anything on fridays i'm gonna join for sure.

Offline Nick

• Administrator
  • Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, March 20, 2014, 13:16:04 PM »
I am of course for the idea, would be there tomorrow if I didn't have to work but I'll keep an eye on the fun from my end with the servers :)

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, March 20, 2014, 13:31:03 PM »
Working every day so its kinda hard to hop in the game at the current state for me:/

Offline -NicK.!

« Reply #7 on: Thursday, March 20, 2014, 14:22:45 PM »
It might be tough for me to make it due to the time zone difference.

Offline Alex

« Reply #8 on: Thursday, March 20, 2014, 14:23:24 PM »
Good idea. Mafioso used to do a Friday Fight Night where they played a lot of mAAp maps, but they've pretty much disappeared from the game. :P However, 7-8pm GMT is a bit early for me, and probably most NA players.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, March 20, 2014, 14:33:06 PM »
Well NA's would have their own time I'd guess.

I think Mafioso are playing some other game a lot. I've seen a lot of them on their TS even though nobody seems to be on AA.

They seem to have closed down their AA server, though (as of 50 minutes ago according to the post on their website). It used to host mAAp Breakout a lot and I loved playing it! :(
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Ares

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, March 20, 2014, 14:51:38 PM »
Make it Sunday and more people will be able to come, hungover, free from work. Most amount of poeple are always playing Sunday nights.

Offline JunK

« Reply #11 on: Thursday, March 20, 2014, 15:15:34 PM »
Hello forum users and AA players,

I know this has been done/tried a few times before, but now i'd like to bring it back.

Some official AA servers have been provided by assist admins. Those servers have a very good ping for all the players. I want to propose something similar to a friday night fight.

We all gather together on the server to play some of the forgotten maps of AA, or just those maps that are never played in public anymore, like tunnel, HQ raid, swamp, farm, arctic, village etc etc.

I'd like to start the night on the server around 7-8PM GMT+1. I have no idea if people are going to join or not, so if you're in for it, please give some feedback on this topic.

By the way, being an active player during the night too, same thing can be done for American players.
I just need some feedback to see if people are interested or not.

Have a good day ladies

well nice idea Ganja.. but I have a social live :(

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #12 on: Friday, March 21, 2014, 07:52:42 AM »
very nice idea in deed.
ill try to be there - but i guess one server would not be enough :) depends on the maps you will choose.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #13 on: Friday, March 21, 2014, 07:57:23 AM »
depends on the maps you will choose.

If it's not extraction u wont come? :D jk

Ares I know most people are online on sunday, but there are a lot of matches going on on sunday, FLC, DESBL, so those people dont pub. we'll see how many players we get on tonight. What map would be cool to play?

Offline Nick

• Administrator
  • Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday, March 21, 2014, 07:59:51 AM »
very nice idea in deed.
ill try to be there - but i guess one server would not be enough :) depends on the maps you will choose.

I will gladly put up a second, third and so on server in each location that it is needed in.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager