Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: FPS  (Read 1102 times)

Offline Meth!

FPS
« on: Friday, December 21, 2012, 13:59:32 PM »
So, basically, i can't pub this game anymore. As soon as more than 12 ppl join my fps goes down to 20, in combat lower at times. In 2.8.5 i didnt have this problem because I had an armyops which magically (;p) made my fps higher. I got all settings on lowest so that can't be the problem.

Was wondering if someone has an idear to get my FPS back to 50 - 80 like it was in 2.8. Can't imagine 2.5 is harder on my pc than 2.8.

Maybe i just need a good armyops?

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
Re: FPS
« Reply #1 on: Friday, December 21, 2012, 14:43:39 PM »
I can't think of a reason your 2.8.5 settings shouldn't work, of course you're not going to copy-paste them but most likely you can apply the same ones you're used to for 2.8.5...Which are your system specs? Does that fps-capping happens on every map? 

In case you need a safe guide to optimize your settings a little on the graphic side:

http://www.tweakguides.com/AASF_1.html
« Last Edit: Friday, December 21, 2012, 14:45:12 PM by Koden »

Offline Ganja

« Reply #2 on: Friday, December 21, 2012, 15:38:49 PM »
Im playing everyday on my laptop and my FPS is around 9-11 ... all about habits I guess

Offline @xe

« Reply #3 on: Friday, December 21, 2012, 17:19:20 PM »
Sounds to me like a graphics card issue i get 80 to 90 inside and about 60 outside and this card is 2 years old.

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #4 on: Saturday, December 22, 2012, 08:37:53 AM »
if that was on 2.8.5 ok, i guess you should try to remove ALL of your aa* files and reboot.
then try a very new install (from scratch). i am almost sure, that it will work. install it and run the game with admin rights.
but first of all, you should look at your grafic driver, be sure that you have the newest one, but not a beta.
good lock.
btw: are you using windows or not?

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager